May 30, 2019, 06:09 PM
run
run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
You can still set your radio to Ch1-8 for lower latency with RSSI on channel 16. It still works because the XM/XM+ sends the RSSI directly to the FC over SBUS. It only becomes a problem if you have set up your radio to forward the RSSI over an Aux channel (which requires a telemetry receiver anyway).
Oh. Well. Thatís good info. ::facepalm::
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2019, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjancef
I flashed one out of the three last night, was very easy, just hated to have to unsolder it, but oh well... I'll do the others someday... if I have to take it apart for another reason..
I wonder why we can't flash them from betaflight? If we can do it from a tx we should be able to do it from a FC I would think, betaflight would obviously need to be interested enough to write the code..

I'd ask myself but every time I bring anything up on betaflight it gets shot down, think I'm on their blacklist because I like silverware lol!
May 31, 2019, 06:08 AM
Krotow
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
I wonder why we can't flash them from betaflight? If we can do it from a tx we should be able to do it from a FC I would think, betaflight would obviously need to be interested enough to write the code..
It is possible to make SmartPort passthrough. If I understood how new FrSky Access firmwares are working, they support SmartPort passthrough out of box. In BetaFlight you must enable passthrough for particular UART port then. However you can't flash receiver when only one signal direction is possible. Even if XM/XM+ have lesser SmartPort on board (you can flash receiver, but can't send extended telemetry back to transmitter), in many flight controllers SBUS works only in one direction - from receiver to FC board - due to inverter circuit design. Also UART RX is supposed to read and not write back. You can remap it to SoftSerial TX while flashing, however flashing will not work anyway due to unidirectional signal inverter. Easier is to solder receiver out anyway.
May 31, 2019, 06:19 AM
Yes that inverted signal again , that has stopped a number of things I've tried to do in the past, or at least made it much harder than it should be.
Oct 04, 2019, 06:07 PM
FPV Ground Pounder

Deleted

Deleted
Last edited by Gramps50; Oct 04, 2019 at 06:49 PM.
Oct 11, 2019, 03:33 AM
'All Airy' theres nowt better
Hi folks, I have the XM+ installed in the tinyhawk freestyle. All set up and the value is showing in betaflight & my goggles - great. But, the values in the goggles change constantly which makes them impossible to deceiver what the correct value is. Does anybody know what I need to change to calm this down please? TIA

Quick Reply