to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2017, 11:58 AM
Thread OP
Was thinking about using 3s 2200 lipo but looks like that would be too heavy for the recommended take off weight ( The best takeoff weight: 550 grams)
So will go with 3s 1300 lipo for the initial test flying but may try the larger battery later.
Joe
Last edited by Jockadopolus; Feb 04, 2017 at 12:04 PM.
Feb 05, 2017, 05:10 AM

Good Luck Joe

Good luck with the test fly waiting to see the results.
Feb 05, 2017, 05:33 AM
Thread OP
Conditions this morning were good enough to have a go.
Sorry no video of this test
Tried taxi on the grass but the wheels are too small and the model kept nosing over.
So gave it a hand launch, it felt OK but refused to climb and I had to land a short distance breaking the rudder off good job it was only taped on.
Back to the workshop changed the wheels and removed the down thrust spacers and re attached the fin and rudder.
Had one more flight and it was a lot better climbed no problem and will get some video for the next try today.
Joe
Feb 05, 2017, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Got a bit of video before the rain came on
Sorry my wife Irene missed some bits of the flight, better next time
Need to fly a few more times before giving my opinion but so far feels OK
Joe

TEST Flight Luobo V2S Autogyro from Banggood (2 min 41 sec)
Feb 05, 2017, 01:43 PM
Thread OP
Rain stopped so went for another flight should have waited for better light conditions misjudged approach and clipped the shed but easy repaired and flying again

TEST Flight 2 Luobo V2S Autogyro with walk of shame (1 min 54 sec)
Feb 05, 2017, 07:17 PM
Joe Looks as if it fly's OK...... must be nice to walk out your back door to fly....but why the added down thrust ? it looks to me as if the down thrust is built into the construction.
Chris...
Feb 06, 2017, 05:03 AM
Thread OP
Chris Its handy to fly from my garden but I miss having a runway I can only fly hand launch models and have a few obstacles to negotiate.

I made the mistake with the downthrust when I just looked at the motor firewall and did not measure the angle, it looked 90 deg to the battery tray (should have gone to specsavers)

Hope to have a few more flights and find the sweet spot.
Joe
Feb 06, 2017, 06:35 AM
Joe
Well done, seems to fly quite well, but not that good in the dark
It seems to be fairly robust and repairable so far
I've now put larger wheels on mine and I'm also modifying the rotor head with a 0.8mm fibreglass triangular rotor mounting plate.
Should be able to test fly later this week and hopefully have a video to show
Mal
Feb 06, 2017, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Mal larger wheels are a must and the fibreglass head plate is a good mod.

Adjust the elevator maximum back travel to clear the fin,I have knocked mine off almost every landing I need zero roll out as the grass is wet and thick a bit like me

On a decent surface it will ROG and land on no problem
Looking forward to your video
Joe
Feb 09, 2017, 08:18 AM
Joe
Had to postpone my test flight, South Australia is in the middle of a heat wave at the moment, second day of 42 degrees C.
Tomorrow not much better 39 degrees C expected. Not very pleasant at our flying field when it's this dam hot
Enclosed a couple more pictures, bigger wheels and 0.8mm epoxy glass rotor plate for gyro head.
Hopefully weather will cool down soon
Mal
Feb 09, 2017, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
Mal mods looking good
Its the opposite here in Scotland the temperature is 3deg with wind chill making it feel very cold

The model so far has survived hitting a stone shed clipping the fence and removing the undercarriage and flying into a small tree
Still struggling to find the sweet spot with the settings but will keep trying
I may try a longer tail boom to make the blades clear the fin as I keep knocking it off
Looking forward to your experience with the model
Joe
Feb 10, 2017, 04:00 AM
And that 42 C is in the shade ....so when you step out onto the field to fly .....50..55..60 C it aint nice...bloody hot.............
Feb 10, 2017, 04:39 PM

Noob to gyros.

Hi guys, just found this thread and glad I did as I ordered the Luobo a couple days ago. My experience with gyros is zero, so I am watching and reading anything related to Gyros. Thanks Dan.
Feb 12, 2017, 09:09 PM
Joe
Wow 3deg that's bloody cold, I guess you can always put more clothing on to keep warm
In view of your experience with numerous rotor tail fin strikes, I decided to modify my tail feather design, more photos attached.
Borrowed the idea from Riches 'Atom Special' design, hope he doesn't mind too much
Hopefully it will solve the problem.
Haven't been able to test fly yet, the weather on the weekend was much cooler, but my co-pilot/cameraman went away for the weekend
Hopefully get one in tomorrow or day after, can't just walk out into the back yard and chuck it, like you!
Mal

Quick Reply