Aug 19, 2019, 07:19 PM
XFM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Meanwhile, relax with a ready to run skirtless hovercraft........

E016F (2 min 39 sec)
Last edited by XFM; Aug 19, 2019 at 07:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2019, 08:04 PM
Skirtless Hovercraft Projects - past experiments (6 min 19 sec)

Not much activity in this place recently (well, any activity)....but I've seen my other thread steadily racking up views so it seems we have a fair number of people reading. I'm still working on a few different skirtless hovercraft, I've had a bit more time for building and some better weather for testing. I've got a lot of 'data' to report, not so much hard numbers but a bunch of observations on different designs for stability ports, flaps, rudders etc. It'll probably be a while before I can collate it all into a post, truth is my job involves sitting at a computer all day so I'm not much in the mood to spend hours writing stuff up and putting videos together in my 'free time' now

I was thinking of drawing up a proper model plan for a single motor split flap design, complete with dimensions, details of the linkages, list of suggested motors/props etc. Something to allow a reasonably working model to be built from scratch like the foamy planes are. Maybe something I can take a look at over the Christmas break.

Anyway I was going back over some old videos and realised there's some stuff I've never published. A lot of that is because it was very crude or didn't work so well, nevertheless I thought some more footage might be appreciated.

Quick Reply