This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 18, 2016, 11:36 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

New Armattan Motors; Unique/Improved Prop Mount

Hi All,

Long time without a blog post. This is worth it. New motors with new style prop mount that baffles anything else on the market. See links below for more info and happy flying! Oomph!!!

Best,
Chris

http://www.armattanquads.com/4x-OOmph-2206-2300/

http://www.miniquadtestbench.com/arm...prototype.html

Last edited by bobepine; Nov 18, 2016 at 11:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2016, 04:35 PM
Multirotor Promotor
Looking good Chris pretty impressive numbers and a good weight too. I bet they just flat out fly (no pun intended) Love the innovation.
Nov 18, 2016, 10:35 PM
Thread OP
Thanks! Yes, these are darn awesome.

Nov 22, 2016, 10:59 PM
These motors look great! I found a Canadian supplier who can ship them to me in 2 days.

For everyday props I use the KK 5x4x3 and they have a very short hub. I doubt this will be my primary prop on this motor, but if I'm out of alternatives will the KK fit on this motor?
Nov 22, 2016, 11:02 PM
Also, I was curious about the MQTB testing. Were there any changes made in the final production model? Will you forward the final to be tested?

Thx.
Nov 23, 2016, 03:11 AM
Thread OP
Hi Michael,

Can you tell me what the thickness of the hub is on the KK props?

The only change from what MQTB tested is color and CCW threads. They are the same motors.

Best,
Chris
Nov 23, 2016, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
Hi Michael,

Can you tell me what the thickness of the hub is on the KK props?

The only change from what MQTB tested is color and CCW threads. They are the same motors.

Best,
Chris
Thanks for the response.

The KK have a 5mm tall hub. I guess it may be too close to call until trying them.
Nov 23, 2016, 12:44 PM
Thread OP
Agreed. But I think it will work.

Best,
Chris
Feb 06, 2017, 03:39 PM
AKA Alex Wolf
Love my Oomph motors. Now here is the question:
Will it hold up on 5S? Product description says 3-4S. Don't want to risk burning them.
Feb 08, 2017, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf78
Love my Oomph motors. Now here is the question:
Will it hold up on 5S? Product description says 3-4S. Don't want to risk burning them.
Hi,

A few guys run them on 5s without issues. Should be fine on 5 inch props. I do not know of anyone who tried 5s and 6 inch props, though.

Best,
Chris
Feb 09, 2017, 07:02 PM
AKA Alex Wolf
Quote:
Hi,

A few guys run them on 5s without issues. Should be fine on 5 inch props. I do not know of anyone who tried 5s and 6 inch props, though.

Best,
Chris
Thanks Chris. I think 4s and 6 inch might be pushing it already - if it won't torment the motor it will torment the battery.
Feb 15, 2017, 07:43 PM
When will more be available? And @Michael Koster - who was that Canadian supplier? ParagonUAV?
Last edited by mgeeforce; Feb 15, 2017 at 09:07 PM.
Feb 16, 2017, 09:04 PM
I managed to get a couple sets from Daedalus but now I can't find them anywhere and I just ordered a chameleon frame. D'oh.
Feb 18, 2017, 03:03 AM
Thread OP
ETA is early March, guys. Sorry about that. Got to love China's reboot and the complete closure of supplies followed by backed up workload.

Best,
Chris
Feb 26, 2017, 05:36 PM
AKA Alex Wolf
Quote:
ETA is early March, guys. Sorry about that. Got to love China's reboot and the complete closure of supplies followed by backed up workload.

Best,
Chris
That means: Don't crash (hard) in February

Any chance you can open the store for pre-orders?

Quick Reply