New Castle BEC's Hit the Market

The new BEC version comes in standard and waterproof versions...

Splash

New BEC's from Castle Creations

The classic Castle Creations 10 Amp Peak BEC is one of the most trusted voltage regulators on the market. From boats to cars and planes, drones and helis, there is always a project in need for this little guy. CC has just released a new 2.0 version of the popular BEC and it comes in a standard wrapped version and also provide a waterproof version. The only difference in the 2 is a little bit of extra weight on the waterproof version.

The new BECs are rated for 15 Amps peak and can handle up to 14S input with the brake disabled, and 12S with the brake. Pilots can use the lighter 0.7 oz version and the waterproof version is suitable for boats and cars where the case is CNC aluminum and protects the electronic components from water.

For more information on the new BEC 2.0 click here.

Last edited by ndfly700; Nov 21, 2016 at 01:29 AM..
Nov 21, 2016, 05:17 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Can somebody please explain to me how having the brake on the esc activated will affect an external Bec?

Looks really nice, but I hope that the original ccbec is still going to be available. For many applications it's hard to justify the substantially higher msrp.
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Nov 22, 2016, 09:36 AM
RPV builder & operator
My guess is the brake acts in a regen mode, and therefore generating voltage on top of the battery pack on the input side.
Nov 22, 2016, 12:18 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
That's what I was thinking, but I'm surprised that the brake could possibly generate a voltage higher than full pack voltage unless the motor was spun faster than what it spins a full throttle. I'm not really sure how a brushless motor acts as a generator vs a brushed motor though.
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Nov 22, 2016, 12:42 PM
Original taste! Mountain dew!
Oh it does. Try shorting all wires together and spinning the motor
Mar 23, 2017, 02:01 PM
Quest for Speed!!!
for a 2 s life battery as RX pack, would the new castle 2.0 be a better option, than the older bigger heavier Castle bec pro with heat sink?

the plane has electric tric cycle retracts , 3 digital mini servos . ,4 analog servos and Gyro

Quick Reply