Official Inspire 2 ***Owner's Thread*** - Page 766 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 10, 2017, 12:25 PM
RIP Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin
I think 'released' is probably a bit strong, more like escaped I suspect...

Lol yea this one had legs it seems.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2017, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srandall25
I have not.. but I do have Davinci Resolve 14 and since you mentioned this, I will certainly give it a try. Thank you for that! What would I use to transcode to DNx? What is DNx?

If you have Windows, then the hi res, "ProRes like" codec is DNx (DNxHR 444 12-bit). I believe premiere will accept this format.
Oct 10, 2017, 01:31 PM
Drone Video Copenhagen

X7

X7 = Super 35

http://www.dji.com/mobile/search?q=x7
Last edited by AIRFLIX.; Oct 10, 2017 at 01:38 PM.
Oct 10, 2017, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRFLIX.
interesting....am I seeing t2.9 / 16 on that lens? indicating a fixed max stop zoom?...and it looks like it comes off? 4:3 super 35mm sensor is interesting, so either a "raven size" cine crop, or maybe there is some creedance to the anamorphic idea?

(edit -- rethinking.... this is how hasselblad denotes it's lenses with the "/" in which case this is 16mm f/2.8 -- guess dji is getting into the glass business).

The patents I tried to read talked about a method for making a zoom lens more compact...very curious how they are managing to miniaturize what should be a pretty substantial lens if it has the 4 or 5:1 zoom range the teaser video seemed to imply.
Last edited by Barry Goyette; Oct 10, 2017 at 01:57 PM.
Oct 10, 2017, 02:05 PM
Phantom 3P, Inspire 1, P4
Quote:
Anyone want to take a guess at the price?
Oct 10, 2017, 02:07 PM
Drone Video Copenhagen

X7

Maybe Hasselblad had some involvement in this?

One can only hope.
Oct 10, 2017, 02:08 PM
Drone Video Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Rich
Guesses are irrelevant. Lets see the specs and price tomorrow.
Oct 10, 2017, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal rich
anyone want to take a guess at the price?
$5k
Oct 10, 2017, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Rich
$3500 for the camera. 2.8 primes $600. 2.8-5.6 4:1 zoom $1200 (not that it would make any sense as slow aps-c glass is much cheaper, but if hasselblad had anything to do with is, they price their zooms about double their primes).

Licenses -- I hope this is a 5.2k camera that plays nice with the existing licensing. If it's a 6k or higher, I could see dji wanting a new license. Too much to contemplate while speculating... :-)
Oct 10, 2017, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Goyette
$3500 for the camera. 2.8 primes $600. 2.8-5.6 4:1 zoom $1200 (not that it would make any sense as slow aps-c glass is much cheaper, but if hasselblad had anything to do with is, they price their zooms about double their primes).

Licenses -- I hope this is a 5.2k camera that plays nice with the existing licensing. If it's a 6k or higher, I could see dji wanting a new license. Too much to contemplate while speculating... :-)
You'd think it would be cropable back to 5.2k for those who only need 5.2, though. This camera will have other advantages besides just resolution.
Oct 10, 2017, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Guesses are irrelevant. Lets see the specs and price tomorrow.
says the man who scoured the dji site for that link :-) --- which by the way is now gone --- another accidental release? don't think so!
Oct 10, 2017, 02:25 PM
the best laid plans.......
Quote:
interesting....am I seeing t2.9 / 16 on that lens? indicating a fixed max stop zoom?...and it looks like it comes off? 4:3 super 35mm sensor is interesting, so either a "raven size" cine crop, or maybe there is some creedance to the anamorphic idea?

(edit -- rethinking.... this is how hasselblad denotes it's lenses with the "/" in which case this is 16mm f/2.8 -- guess dji is getting into the glass business).

The patents I tried to read talked about a method for making a zoom lens more compact...very curious how they are managing to miniaturize what should be a pretty substantial lens if it has the 4 or 5:1 zoom range the teaser video seemed to imply.
looks like a prime to me, and the 4:3 sensors are just standard ...who knows wich part gets used...
Oct 10, 2017, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
You'd think it would be cropable back to 5.2k for those who only need 5.2, though. This camera will have other advantages besides just resolution.
If I had to guess, it will have the exact same resolution as the original. DJI seems to have maxed out the processor on the I2, so unless they are releasing a new bird tomorrow, I think larger pixels, integrated lens hoods, and a lightweight zoom -- and of course the ability to sell purpose built glass in general -- are the real story here. But never underestimate the ability of a camera company (other than canon) to give us more resolution than we need. :-)
Oct 10, 2017, 02:28 PM
Drone Video Copenhagen
Quote:
says the man who scoured the dji site for that link :-) --- which by the way is now gone --- another accidental release? don't think so!
I didn’t put any guesses up...just active links and photos ;-) But I think you’re absolutely right...this was very “accidental” ;-) Hahaha...

Perhaps they feel they are loosing traction after launching all their “Coming Soon” products that’s never been up for sale (Cendence, CS 2,000 nit, OSMO 2 etc.)

One thing is for sure about this camera though: NOBODY is going to trust their launch date.
Oct 10, 2017, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequieteuropean
... and the 4:3 sensors are just standard ...who knows wich part gets used...
Nothing standard about this sensor, that I know of...my guess is the 4:3 is there for still photography, and then various crops for video formats. If it were a true super 35mm video sensor it would generally be a bit wider and less tall. This ends up cropped at slightly smaller than a raven sensor, so it's not a huge step up from micro 4/3, but the 4:3 gives it a super 35mm diagonal, so they can call it super35..and gets them into the lens business, which my friends in the lens business tell me, is extremely profitable. :-)