Jun 19, 2017, 04:09 AM
With the M200 and other "prosumer" level products they have been trying to develop they really need to do something different on this product line in terms of support, customer service, and app features and functionality IMHO. The one size fits all doesn't work and the expectations of this target market are a bit higher than the consumer side where bugs and issues are often seen as "ok".
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
With the M200 and other "prosumer" level products they have been trying to develop they really need to do something different on this product line in terms of support, customer service, and app features and functionality IMHO. The one size fits all doesn't work and the expectations of this target market are a bit higher than the consumer side where bugs and issues are often seen as "ok".
I think the GO App developers should take inspiration from a pro software platforms like Photoshop for example where you can define your own workspace, give it a name and than save it. Your own workspace can include UI color scheme, keyboard shortcuts, menues, tools etc etc. I am sure something similar could be done with GO4 App giving users the option to customize it the way which would suit their individual needs. It could include a few preprogamed configurations such Photo, Video, Basic, Pro etc but all those would still be fully customizable by user. That could satisfy all users from beginers to the most advanced without forcing anyone into having to put up with things they do not need and do not want.
Last edited by mmmmmmarian; Jun 19, 2017 at 04:49 AM.
Jun 19, 2017, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmmarian
I think the GO App developers should take inspiration from a pro software platforms like Photoshop for example where you can define your own workspace, give it a name and than save it. Your own workspace can include UI color scheme, keyboard shortcuts, menues, tools etc etc. I am sure something similar could be done with GO4 App giving users the option to customize it the way which would suit their individual needs. It could include a few preprogamed configurations such Photo, Video, Basic, Pro etc but all those would still be modifiable by user. That could satisfy all users from beginers to the most advanced without forcing anyone into having to put up with things they do not need and do not want.
Given the bloat it has already I think a stripped down minimal separate app would be better from a stability point of view. All those extra options and customization are potential points of issue and the DJI developers are not known for consistent stable work, an update would no doubt break the prior version having to account for such customization variations.

The biggest issue DJI has with their software is it is always changing, it never stays consistent. Basic things like where an item is in the menus can change dramatically between sequential releases, and leave users searching to even do basic tasks like find where they hid the format card or similar. UX seems to be low on their list of priorities and they seem more driven by marketing to wedge in "cool" social or editing features that are great for demos and marketing materiel but limited use in day to day real world use by most.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:18 AM

Dual remotes inspire 2

Does anyone have good results with the connection between the master and slave remote? I can not go any further than 2 meters from the camera-operator most of the time, sometimes a bit more, sometimes even less. Slave remote is disconnecting a lot, so I'm wondering if it could be a hardware thing...
Jun 19, 2017, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Spectacular. Post-production IS would harm that video very little and make it very impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
I've used IS very little. But when I've tried it on video where there is a lot of movement of objects in the scene like the branches in Jon's video, the results were really bad. But I may have just not set it up properly too.
With this type of movement (relatively large craft position translations on a relatively close subject -- i.e. foreground elements moving at different speeds than background elements) IS is typically pretty ineffective, or simply makes the situation worse with the "warps" it introduces. I've found that when shooting with the 45, and sometimes even the 25, I get some very "micro" jitters from the gimbal (not craft positioning)...and that is really what IS fixes best. No blurring, just a slight crop of the frame. A number of clips in my movie from last week benefitted from IS. (specifically when a persons machine isn't quite up to playing 4k at full rate, these micro jitters have a way of getting magnified during playback, and the IS really helps smooth that situation out.)
Jun 19, 2017, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin

Like Ian I'd be very happy to see a 'Pro' app that went in a different direction though, but leave the current app alone, it does do a good job for those who do not want to learn about editing grading etc....
As I mentioned before, I really would love a version tailored to Part 107 pilots with no GEO or NFZ. That'd be da' bomb.
Jun 19, 2017, 10:53 AM
The Shetland Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDEE
Does anyone have good results with the connection between the master and slave remote? I can not go any further than 2 meters from the camera-operator most of the time, sometimes a bit more, sometimes even less. Slave remote is disconnecting a lot, so I'm wondering if it could be a hardware thing...
We've found it to be flakey; sometimes we can be 10 or even 20 metres apart without issue, other times it will disconnect after just a couple of metres.
Latest blog entry: 2016/17 Showreel
Jun 19, 2017, 10:56 AM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryG
We've found it to be flakey; sometimes we can be 10 or even 20 metres apart without issue, other times it will disconnect after just a couple of metres.
It's all dependent on external wifi interference
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
Jun 19, 2017, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryG
They seem to have traded one type of flakiness for another. Shoot. I bought an I2 with the hopes of usable dual ops.
Jun 19, 2017, 11:24 AM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
They already have it, it's called the pilot app! This will be the app for m200.
Jun 19, 2017, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
They already have it, it's called the pilot app! This will be the app for m200.
are they working on for the Inspire 2 as well?
Jun 19, 2017, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srandall25
Yes please, and no Social media stuff either.
Jun 19, 2017, 12:30 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by srandall25
currently it does not support the i2.. only the m2.
Jun 19, 2017, 01:38 PM
FAA Part 107 Certified

battery pinouts?

Does anyone know what the pinouts on the battery are for the inspire 2?

Thanks

Jason
Jun 19, 2017, 05:43 PM
Sorry if this has been posted previously , but it is the first time i have seen it.

Inspire 2 not "quite fast enough" at the WRC Italy.
Esapekka Lappi hits drone Toyota Yaris WRC at Sardegna rally Italy 2017 Micky's Jump (0 min 14 sec)