-card reader

$1899 camera
$899 ssd
$1300 licens keys for prores/ raw
$150 card reader

$4248 plus aircraft
$2999 = $7247

i guess the premium combo would save $200
Last edited by johnmont250; Nov 15, 2016 at 02:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2016, 02:14 PM
Oops, video in this tweet still has the Audio Jungle watermark on the soundtrack.

https://twitter.com/DJIGlobal/status/798616672378626048
Nov 15, 2016, 02:14 PM
guessing the XT wont mount to the 2 ??
Nov 15, 2016, 02:15 PM
There for confirmed eveyrone who bought an x5r / x5 is out of luck. I wonder how this is going to play down to the osmo line as well?

Im guessing they will keep the x5 and x5r since including the sensor in the handle will greatly increase the price.

At least we have a few months to swallow this and bend over =)
Nov 15, 2016, 02:15 PM
Definitely upset the X5R wont work on it. Im willing to spend money for the aircraft but again DJI feels the need to not make anything backward compatible thus we all have to spend a ridiculous amount to upgrade the camera again! Seems like they dont care about the 5k I spent on a modular camera. Thanks for gouging is all DJI!!
Nov 15, 2016, 02:16 PM
Part 107 Certified
Any assessment on the difference of the 4k/30fps modes: 60MBit/H.264 of the X5 to the new 100Mbit/H.265 of the X5S? Both, the higher data rate and better codec should improve the video quality, but we all know it depends on the implementation as well.

Also, is the H.265 using 8 or 10 bit color encoding?
Nov 15, 2016, 02:16 PM
From the looks of it, the connector is totally different on the i2
Nov 15, 2016, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike SF
Any assessment on the difference of the 4k/30fps modes: 60MBit/H.264 of the X5 to the new 100Mbit/H.265 of the X5S? Both, the higher data rate and better codec should improve the video quality, but we all know it depends on the implementation as well.

Also, is the H.265 using 8 or 10 bit color encoding?
Its nothe x5s that is changing it, but the camera system bulit into the inspire 2. All that is hanging now is the lens it seems.
Nov 15, 2016, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacing426
Definitely upset the X5R wont work on it. Im willing to spend money for the aircraft but again DJI feels the need to not make anything backward compatible thus we all have to spend a ridiculous amount to upgrade the camera again! Seems like they dont care about the 5k I spent on a modular camera. Thanks for gouging is all DJI!!
Oh my, I didn't even think about my 7k XT640!!!! DJI you really stink! Seems pretty damn greedy to me. I'm in disbelieve right now.
Part 107 Certified
I'm asking about a comparison between the X5 and X5S for those who have already seen it.
RP-sUAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi
There for confirmed eveyrone who bought an x5r / x5 is out of luck. I wonder how this is going to play down to the osmo line as well?

Im guessing they will keep the x5 and x5r since including the sensor in the handle will greatly increase the price.

At least we have a few months to swallow this and bend over =)
There is a new handheld gimbal handle coming to work with X4S and X5S

Osmo is old news.
Nov 15, 2016, 02:19 PM
RCGroups Editor
Is the DJI kit lens that ships with the X5 the same kit lens with the X5S?
Nov 15, 2016, 02:22 PM
yes it looks like the same 15mm 1.7 lens
Nov 15, 2016, 02:30 PM
Freelance Cinematographer
There are some important things to remember:

1. The Inspire 1 remains a fabulous platform for shooting aerial video. Along with the X5R. You can still get great performance and images from both.

2. Technology marches forward. Always. Don't bank on anything to be backwards compatible or future upgradeable. The only thing I'm really upset about is that they didn't stick with the same SSDs from the X5R for the X5S. That feels pretty rough, considering they are likely nearly identical. But, that's life.

3. I do think Z3 owners are owed more of an apology/compensation for how long those basically were entirely useless. And Lightbridge 2 owners have been left in the cold on some features/functionality. It would be nice for DJI to more formally address those concerns. But otherwise, I think DJI does a pretty amazing job of innovating. If they constantly tried to make new tech compatible with old tech, it would likely take much longer to bring products to bear or we'd see some features being left out in order to ensure compatibility. Seeing the P4Pro with 100mbps H.265 and a 1" sensor, and the Inspire 1 with all it's great features, pilot cam, X5S with ProRes etc etc etc, makes me glad that they seemingly started from scratch a bit. The price, though seemingly high, is I think pretty reasonable for the feature set. 4k 60p. 5.2k 30fps. ProRes. Just an incredible feature set for a flying camera.

Anyways. I get the frustration. I've got multiple X5R SSDs that cost me $1500 a pop that won't be usable on the new X5S. But honestly in the camera world, you get used to technology marching forward every year, and every year spending thousands and thousands to keep up with the latest bodies, accessories, etc. That's just what happens. I for one, think the new features are worth the price. Clients will be stoked to see the options I can offer with an Inspire 2, and willing to pay accordingly. Remember, the Inspire 2 is a professional platform for making money. You'll earn the cost back soon with enough work.
Nov 15, 2016, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancresswell
There are some important things to remember:

1. The Inspire 1 remains a fabulous platform for shooting aerial video. Along with the X5R. You can still get great performance and images from both.

2. Technology marches forward. Always. Don't bank on anything to be backwards compatible or future upgradeable. The only thing I'm really upset about is that they didn't stick with the same SSDs from the X5R for the X5S. That feels pretty rough, considering they are likely nearly identical. But, that's life.

3. I do think Z3 owners are owed more of an apology/compensation for how long those basically were entirely useless. And Lightbridge 2 owners have been left in the cold on some features/functionality. It would be nice for DJI to more formally address those concerns. But otherwise, I think DJI does a pretty amazing job of innovating. If they constantly tried to make new tech compatible with old tech, it would likely take much longer to bring products to bear or we'd see some features being left out in order to ensure compatibility. Seeing the P4Pro with 100mbps H.265 and a 1" sensor, and the Inspire 1 with all it's great features, pilot cam, X5S with ProRes etc etc etc, makes me glad that they seemingly started from scratch a bit. The price, though seemingly high, is I think pretty reasonable for the feature set. 4k 60p. 5.2k 30fps. ProRes. Just an incredible feature set for a flying camera.

Anyways. I get the frustration. I've got multiple X5R SSDs that cost me $1500 a pop that won't be usable on the new X5S. But honestly in the camera world, you get used to technology marching forward every year, and every year spending thousands and thousands to keep up with the latest bodies, accessories, etc. That's just what happens. I for one, think the new features are worth the price. Clients will be stoked to see the options I can offer with an Inspire 2, and willing to pay accordingly. Remember, the Inspire 2 is a professional platform for making money. You'll earn the cost back soon with enough work.
I could swallow all that if for one second i thought DJI would keep updating the i1 with firmware / features. We all know that isnt going to happen. The osmo, the x5 / x5r will soon disappear and never be heard / talked about. Oh well.