Thread Tools
Apr 08, 2020, 03:08 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
gtojon's Avatar
Fresh X5s & 25mm for sale ....
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Oly-25mm-Lens

Cheers, Jon
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2020, 07:06 PM
Registered User
srandall25's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequieteuropean
i tend to use smoothness arround 5-15 with 50-80percent expo and 60-100 percent gimbal speed depending on subject and desired pan speeds.

in my experience too much smoothing is counterproductive.
for precision i combine little smoothing to lots of expo and medium gimbal speed.

edit :

how was vienna and budapest with the mavic anyways ?
lots of empty sights to drone now i am afraid. stay healthy!
Can't remember if I said thanks for the info... but thanks man... appreciate the help! I got too scared of the prospect of something happening flying on my Vienna Budapest trip and decided not to bring it... Didn't want to risk anything ruining my vacation... I'm all about risk versus reward but just decided this one wasn't worth it to me... but once I was there, I was wishing I had brought it.. lol
Last edited by srandall25; Apr 08, 2020 at 07:15 PM.
Apr 08, 2020, 07:17 PM
Registered User
srandall25's Avatar

Replacement FPV Cam


Was it Ian or Erk who had the experience with an aftermarket FPV cam? Can someone spoon feed me a good solution for this? web links perhaps to what I might need to make it work including both trans receive side of things? I would really appreciate it. I started doing dual ops as the pilot and sucks balls with this crappy FPV cam... errrr....
Apr 08, 2020, 08:11 PM
Registered User

My personal Osmo X5S ...


It was a challenging project, I must confess. But finally all is sorted out and here we go ... DIY Osmo X5S, made of scavenged Inspire 2. The camera delivers all goods Cinecore and Inspire is capable of. The only awkward thing is that the monitor is hardwired to RC, which must be carried on belt. The camera can be powered by any 6S LiPo battery, here I'm using retired TB47 with enough juice left to run for a hour or two ...
Apr 08, 2020, 08:15 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
gtojon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
It was a challenging project, I must confess. But finally all is sorted out and here we go ... DIY Osmo X5S, made of scavenged Inspire 2. The camera delivers all goods Cinecore and Inspire is capable of. The only awkward thing is that the monitor is hardwired to RC, which must be carried on belt. The camera can be powered by any 6S LiPo battery, here I'm using retired TB47 with enough juice left to run for a hour or two ...
LOL .... Franky? Sample video please Also video of you using it would be more interesting

Cheers, Jon
Apr 08, 2020, 08:23 PM
Registered User
Dave Pitman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by srandall25
Was it Ian or Erk who had the experience with an aftermarket FPV cam? Can someone spoon feed me a good solution for this? web links perhaps to what I might need to make it work including both trans receive side of things? I would really appreciate it. I started doing dual ops as the pilot and sucks balls with this crappy FPV cam... errrr....

I think erkq was/or is using Connex ProSight.

https://www.getfpv.com/the-connex-pr...ision-kit.html


You might look at DJI's stand alone FPV stuff.

https://www.dji.com/fpv?site=brandsite&from=nav
Last edited by Dave Pitman; Apr 08, 2020 at 08:28 PM.
Apr 08, 2020, 09:09 PM
Registered User
srandall25's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
I think erkq was/or is using Connex ProSight.

https://www.getfpv.com/the-connex-pr...ision-kit.html


You might look at DJI's stand alone FPV stuff.

https://www.dji.com/fpv?site=brandsite&from=nav
cool, thanks!
Apr 09, 2020, 02:58 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
It was a challenging project, I must confess. But finally all is sorted out and here we go ... DIY Osmo X5S, made of scavenged Inspire 2. The camera delivers all goods Cinecore and Inspire is capable of. The only awkward thing is that the monitor is hardwired to RC, which must be carried on belt. The camera can be powered by any 6S LiPo battery, here I'm using retired TB47 with enough juice left to run for a hour or two ...
hi, does spotlight mode work?
Apr 09, 2020, 03:18 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansi0138
hi, does spotlight mode work?
Nope. Since battery status is not supplied to Go 4 app, the system reports Critically Low Battery and disables all Intelligent Flight Modes. Totally irrelevant to me ...
Last edited by Matthew Dobrski; Apr 10, 2020 at 10:05 PM.
Apr 09, 2020, 03:25 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
gtojon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
Of course it does, tracking feature is fully functional ...
LOL Just a few beers might make it a little sloppy though

Cheers, Jon
Apr 09, 2020, 03:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon
LOL .... Franky? Sample video please Also video of you using it would be more interesting

Cheers, Jon
Simply google "DJI Zenmuse X5S camera" and you'll have a day or two watching YTube sample videos. Next try "Osmo X5R" for another day to kill ...
Apr 09, 2020, 03:49 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
gtojon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
Simply google "DJI Zenmuse X5S camera" and you'll have a day or two watching YTube sample videos. Next try "Osmo X5R" for another day to kill ...
I want to see your contraption in action

Cheers, Jon
Apr 09, 2020, 05:07 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon
I want to see your contraption in action

Cheers, Jon
OK, before I provide you with a proof of my rig functionality, watch this:

Camvate Shoulder Rig Review (2 min 23 sec)


It's basically the same idea, with following differences:

1. My camera is equipped with a gimbal.
2. My camera can be remotely controlled in single or dual RC configuration with long distance video transmission build in.
3. My camera can deliver professional UHD CinemaDND video format.
4. All of above for about 1/25 the price of similar filming setup.
5. The operator in my case is fat, old and ugly ...
Apr 09, 2020, 05:28 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
gtojon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
OK, before I provide you with a proof of my rig functionality, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93aE5TnKbk

It's basically the same idea, with following differences:

1. My camera is equipped with a gimbal.
2. My camera can be remotely controlled in single or dual RC configuration with long distance video transmission build in.
3. My camera can deliver professional UHD CinemaDND video format.
4. All of above for about 1/25 the price of similar filming setup.
5. The operator in my case is fat, old and ugly ...
I have no doubt about the cameras ability ..... I want to see what you are getting ....

Cheers, Jon
Apr 09, 2020, 06:16 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Repaid1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
OK, before I provide you with a proof of my rig functionality, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93aE5TnKbk

It's basically the same idea, with following differences:

1. My camera is equipped with a gimbal.
2. My camera can be remotely controlled in single or dual RC configuration with long distance video transmission build in.
3. My camera can deliver professional UHD CinemaDND video format.
4. All of above for about 1/25 the price of similar filming setup.
5. The operator in my case is fat Stability in high winds, old and ugly Camera isn't facing that way ...
See Red above.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools