Sep 20, 2019, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srandall25
anyone else having issues with the Assistant app recognizing the firmware lately? I've power cycled many times, tried two different computers.. using latest version 1.2.4.. nothing works.
Think I just figured it out... I wasn't logged in... usually I'm automatically logged in... weird... I guess that made the difference.. I can now see it.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2019, 12:29 PM
Freelance Cinematographer
#DJI
#ProfessionalDrone
#$1500License

Got this this morning...

Name: E60F7E81-7FA8-4C87-ABFE-B27F933EB53E.jpeg
Views: 36
Size: 297.8 KB
Description:

So tired of this crap. Same buggy software that keeps me from recording to the SSD can also decide to lock me out of control of the aircraft.
Last edited by iancresswell; Sep 22, 2019 at 01:11 PM.
Sep 22, 2019, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancresswell
#DJI
#ProfessionalDrone
#$1500License

Got this this morning...

Attachment 12584189

So tired of this crap. Same buggy software that keeps me from recording to the SSD can also decide to lock me out of control of the aircraft.
Ian, as much as I understand your frustration ... Inspire 2 is not truly a professional tool. It's labelled and advertised as professional, but - in reality - it's just a great pretender. For one simple reason: money involved. Taking only the price into consideration, Inspire 2 is just an expensive toy, insanely affordable by all industry standards. Almost dispensable, like Blackmagic Pocket camera. For it's ridiculously low price, Inspire 2 delivers a plenty of goods in return, but you should expect flaws here and there. Just my 2 cents ...
Sep 22, 2019, 03:59 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
My bet, is licensing is professional & should act that way

Cheers, Jon
Sep 22, 2019, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
Ian, as much as I understand your frustration ... Inspire 2 is not truly a professional tool. ..
Hey Matt, have seen any of the recent show titled Serengeti (on Discovery).
They have had professional people film their episodes for decades.
Here is a link to professionals capturing the best animal footage I have ever seen.
(fast forward to 4:50 for I2 footage, (but everyone would be best served watching the short video from the beginning.
https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/se...xAQNXG5a8WWNkR)
Sep 22, 2019, 05:05 PM
Freelance Cinematographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
Ian, as much as I understand your frustration ... Inspire 2 is not truly a professional tool. It's labelled and advertised as professional, but - in reality - it's just a great pretender............., Inspire 2 delivers a plenty of goods in return, but you should expect flaws here and there. Just my 2 cents ...
I was just being sarcastic. For $1500 the license should work every time. I don’t know any other cameras with licenses that have ever crapped out after installation. Certainly not with the frequency that the I2 prores/raw license does. That’s all. I like and use the Inspire 2 all the time, just annoyed DJI never took the time to fix day 1 issues.

I was more just posting it out of annoyance and because I know several people who this happens to from time to time. I’ve seen posts saying this issue is somehow rare or isolated. It’s not, that’s all.
Sep 22, 2019, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Daniels
Here is a link to professionals capturing the best animal footage I have ever seen.
(fast forward to 4:50 for I2 footage, (but everyone would be best served watching the short video from the beginning.
Without even seeing this documentary, which - I'm sure - is expertly made, I'm far from saying that Inspire 2 can't deliver stunning imagery. It can. no doubt. What I'm saying is that their reliability is directly related to a price, therefore not always up to professionals expectations. Hence Ian's frustration ... The solution? On a projects of Serengeti scale have at least 3 working, complete Inspire back-ups to supplement $250.000 worth collection of Arri cameras and lenses, plus a bucket of GoPro and Blackmagic Pocket cameras to toss them around.
Sep 22, 2019, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancresswell
#DJI
#ProfessionalDrone
#$1500License

Got this this morning...

Attachment 12584189

Have any of you Pros sought reimbursement from revenue lost when DJI inadvertly "locks you out" during your shoots ??
Sep 22, 2019, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Have any of you Pros sought reimbursement from revenue lost when DJI inadvertly "locks you out" during your shoots ??
You'd have to take them to court.
Sep 22, 2019, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
You'd have to take them to court.
No, you would have to "file a complaint" against them.
Whether they settle "out of court" (or not), would be up to the advice of their attorneys
Sep 22, 2019, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Whether they settle "out of court" (or not), would be up to the advice of their attorneys
Doesn't DJI's TOS and EULA require mediation? Surely Brendan Schulman cut that horse off at the pass, along with all class action lawsuits!
Sep 22, 2019, 06:34 PM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
Doesn't DJI's TOS and EULA require mediation? Surely Brendan Schulman cut that horse off at the pass, along with all class action lawsuits!
I would think so, but who reads all that stuff ....You sign a contract when you press that "I Agree". But I would gather with something like OJ's lawyers you might have a shot at at least getting heard. Beyond that I can't imagine they would give the normal court filing a bat of a eye.
Sep 22, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote:
They would never "settle" out of court for lost revenue. They don't want to. They don't have to. They are the big gorilla and there's nothing a mere mortal can do. Government action is all that has a chance and probably not even that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
I can't imagine they would give the normal court filing a bat of a eye.
Their reaction, even if they bothered to look at it... "Oh, puh-leez... "
Sep 23, 2019, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Or the Investigation Discovery shows I shot aerials for using the Inspire 2. Every episode of Valley of the Damned. Definitely a tool for professionals. Not to mention countless other gigs. This has been my only profession the last 4 years.
Sep 23, 2019, 09:04 AM

Help Please

I have a tb48 that just stopped charging.
I know many of you guys had I1 before I2 so I hope some one knows how to reset it, reset the board, something.
Flew a normal flight last time down to 30%, but when I put it on the charger, the first two lights flash (like it's charging) but then it shuts off.
Should I take the top off and unplug it?
Please post a method that you have heard of that works.
thanks in advance

Quick Reply