Sep 15, 2019, 07:13 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
FYI .... My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 just updated to Cream Pie (I think) & the Go4 app would not run .... Had to uninstall & reinstall. Before that I tried my iPad & it worked & had a DJI FW update to do (never do they tell you what is updating). It worked. So I uninstalled from my Tab S3 & reinstalled ... right away another FW update had to run, but all is well .... & it ran.

Let me know if you are effected

Cheers, Jon
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2019, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon
FYI .... My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 just updated to Cream Pie (I think) & the Go4 app would not run .... Had to uninstall & reinstall. Before that I tried my iPad & it worked & had a DJI FW update to do (never do they tell you what is updating). It worked. So I uninstalled from my Tab S3 & reinstalled ... right away another FW update had to run, but all is well .... & it ran.

Let me know if you are effected

Cheers, Jon
Just to make sure we're on the same page ... By "DJI FW update" you mean DJI Go4 app update, right? I think I see some cosmetic changes in Go4 version 4.3.4 for CrystalSky, which - I assume - updated automatically in the background. Otherwise, please clarify "DJI FW update" issue ... Thanks in advance.
Sep 15, 2019, 07:50 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
Just to make sure we're on the same page ... By "DJI FW update" you mean DJI Go4 app update, right? I think I see some cosmetic changes in Go4 version 4.3.4 for CrystalSky, which - I assume - updated automatically in the background. Otherwise. please clarify "DJI FW update" issue ... Thanks in advance.
Nope .... no app update at all. My OS updated to Cream Pie or what every .... I always update everything. It was a DJI FW update of some sort.

Cheers, Jon
Sep 15, 2019, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Just to make sure we're on the same page ... By "DJI FW update" you mean DJI Go4 app update, right? I think I see some cosmetic changes in Go4 version 4.3.4 for CrystalSky, which - I assume - updated automatically in the background. Otherwise, please clarify "DJI FW update" issue ... Thanks in advance.
When did the CS GO4 v. 4.3.4 become available? My GO4 on 7.85" 1000nit is 4.3.16 and no newer version available upon checking for updates..My CS is V02.06.06.00
Last edited by mmmmmmarian; Sep 15, 2019 at 08:10 PM.
Sep 15, 2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmmarian
When did the CS GO4 v. 4.3.4 become available? My GO4 on 7.85" 1000nit is 4.3.16 and no newer version available upon checking for updates..My CS is V02.06.06.00
Marian, I'm lost in this FW/software maze ... After further investigation of my both CS (5.5" and 7.85" UB) I concluded that they're on Go4 v. 4.3.4 right now, claiming further 4.3.16 version availability. So, I guess the update is not performed automatically as I was suspecting. Since I'm happy with rather stable performance of current configuration I'm not gonna change anything until I really must.
Sep 15, 2019, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Marian, I'm lost in this FW/software maze ... After further investigation of my both CS (5.5" and 7.85" UB) I concluded that they're on Go4 v. 4.3.4 right now, claiming further 4.3.16 version availability. So, I guess the update is not performed automatically as I was suspecting. Since I'm happy with rather stable performance of current configuration I'm not gonna change anything until I really must.
Thanks for your reply Matt. FW numberings are usually in ascending order, so the 4.3.4 should be at least in theory higher/ later FW than 4.3.16.
Am I the only one confused here?
Last edited by mmmmmmarian; Sep 15, 2019 at 11:24 PM.
Sep 15, 2019, 11:44 PM
onairmedia.com.au
2019 AMG Winter Sporting Performance-Training (1 min 12 sec)

Recent job I did in New Zealand with the i2 and the X7. Oh and some Osmo pocket timelapse and Mavic 2 Zoom as well.

Nicely edited and put together by someone else.
Ground camera was a Sony something or other and some nice lenses.
Sep 16, 2019, 01:24 AM
Fear only fear in life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repaid1
Arms are labeled as originated from rear to front, so left is left as looking from the rear to front (Camera.) Left arm is part 7, right is part 8...As I see it.
Thank you, that is what I thought as well.

I am in SA so ordering the wrong arm for Amazon will be a pain.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwood
Some further clarification. There are two contributing factors and two primary causes that need to be addressed by DJI:

Contributing factor 1: GO4 forgets prior authorizations after the app is updated.

Contributing factor 2: GO4 requires you type your phone number in a very specific format but doesn't tell you what it is. Autocorrect may add spaces to the phone number as was the case here.

Primary cause 1: GO4 waited until 18s after take off to start the authorization process. I don't think DJI wants pilots face down in their tablet typing in a phone number when they should be flying their drone. We timed a successful authorization from start to finish. It took 90 seconds. That's 90 seconds a pilot would be distracted from the drone.

Primary cause 2: GO4 took away full pilot authority in an opaque and inconsistent manner. It did not provide advanced warning that it would do this. It did not indicate how it was taking authority away. It did not provide any remedial capability after the authorization didn't succeed.

And as mentioned in several thoughtful posts above, the FAA in no way supports taking pilot authority away. Nor will they likely ever do so.
To clarify further, if the correct phone number had, in fact, been typed in without any spaces, as 10 sequential digits, would the prior authorization have been accepted? If so, should it happen to anyone else, that's the most important part to remember, to avoid everything that followed.
Sep 16, 2019, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Thanks for your reply Matt. FW numberings are usually in ascending order, so the 4.3.4 should be at least in theory higher/ later FW than 4.3.16.
Am I the only one confused here?
Oh no! Confusion is the name of the game called DJI ... I'm still puzzled what FW update gtojon is talking about ...
Sep 16, 2019, 02:13 PM
sillygoo.se
Quote:
Any chance you might have flown in those 18s into a geo fence? Or lost GPS? That might have explained why GO4 restricted further flying only in the forward direction, further into the geo fence. Just a hypothesis...
We could move forward initially and did so about 20ft. The rest of movement was up, back, and to one side to get to our "1" starting point. Roughly 40ft mostly up. It was only when we hit cancel on the authorization box that it no longer would fly forward. There was nothing indicated that canceling would do this. The drone was pretty much directly overhead. We were just inside the authorization zone the whole time according to the map but if you look at the screenshot below, there are inconsistencies. We had 19 sats consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
To clarify further, if the correct phone number had, in fact, been typed in without any spaces, as 10 sequential digits, would the prior authorization have been accepted? If so, should it happen to anyone else, that's the most important part to remember, to avoid everything that followed.
If it accepts your phone number, it will then send you a code which you need to type back in. And this assumes both tablet and phone have internet access.
Sep 16, 2019, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwood
If it accepts your phone number, it will then send you a code which you need to type back in. And this assumes both tablet and phone have internet access.
Thanks for going into more detail, on all the additional pitfalls! Not good!
Sep 17, 2019, 03:20 AM
the best laid plans.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Because all government accept that NFZ is necessary, from 2022 all craft bound for EU will be required to have both Geofencing and Drone ID, its very likely the same will come to the US with the Drone ID and FINS being very much seen as the way forward in the coming years.

The reason there has never been a single mention from the CAA, FAA or others about the software blocking certain aspects is because they agree with it overall. While the operators interpretation of the rules is that you must always be in control its seen different from the other side with regards to this aspect from conversations I have had with the CAA for instance.
I am pretty sure the behaviour Ian explained would be inaceptable for any civil aviation authority if they knew about it .

Most CAAs and other Parties involved in making up the new EASA regs don`t know much about DJIS software implementation

the implementation of nfzs as it stands is buggy to say the least .

Dont get me wrong Mad, what i dont understand is you seem to accept the fact that authorities plan and do something that seems highly questionable as a given - why ?

do you really think that geofencing should work like that for pros?
i mean even if the system would work flawlessly ?
Sep 18, 2019, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD i2
https://youtu.be/r5OevzyhEd8

Recent job I did in New Zealand with the i2 and the X7. Oh and some Osmo pocket timelapse and Mavic 2 Zoom as well.

sick footage bro! Nicely done... love the close moving shots on the vehicle too. I'm sure you had your challenges with the timing of some of those shots. It paid off! Great job!
Sep 18, 2019, 03:35 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD i2
https://youtu.be/r5OevzyhEd8

Love it ... Nice job! Wife says "Looks like they don't handle well ... slide around a lot" She's not sold

Cheers, Jon

Quick Reply