Official Inspire 2 ***Owner's Thread*** - Page 1151 - RC Groups
Apr 17, 2018, 07:22 AM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
Sure does make for pretty aerial pictures, though!
Thanks for sharing it!
Thanks , leaves, apple blossoms, green grass, sunshine, partly cloudy skies look great too & feel better

Cheers, Jon
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
It comes with the X5 and 15mm lens. It's that big black rubber band you didn't know what to do with.
I have the X7 with lens kit. I don't see any rubber band...
Apr 17, 2018, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Like watching pain dry... I'm just jealous.
Man, dry pain sounds terrible. Like shingles or something.
Apr 17, 2018, 10:51 AM
Quote:
I put only one set on a hub at a time. The 2 sets on a hub thing saves no charge time at all. So if you only charge 1 set per hub you never run into that problem. If you look at my charging rig you'll see that only one set of battery connectors are available per hub. The other two connectors are pointless.

Edit: I can keep 1 bird in the air continuously with that charge rig given time to land and swap batteries.
Man, that thing looks like a roadside IED.
Apr 17, 2018, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwood
Two gripes:

1. GEO warning, "you agree to take all responsibility" or whatever it says. Gotta check the radio button (bad UI design BTW) and click OK to get control of the screen. Every time I powered up I had to do this. More than just annoying. Distracting. Not conducive to safe flight when you want to do something on your screen and then return to flying VLOS as quickly as possible.
Yeah, I was out on the east side of the Central Valley against the foothills below tehachapi...nothing but cow pasture for miles, and at least 10 miles from the nearest warning zone. Geo throws up that message, and even on the CS UB I couldn't see that stupid check box, so I packed up and headed east. Now that I know it's there, it's fine, but it continues to throw up that message in the weirdest places.
Apr 17, 2018, 05:22 PM

CS FW and new GO4

Has everyone updated to the latest versions released a few days back?
Apr 17, 2018, 06:57 PM
Enterprise Support - 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmmarian
Has everyone updated to the latest versions released a few days back?
Yes and the new Pilot. I have spent more time on Pilot. Love the new off line maps and the ability to unlock in the App. The problem of switching between Go4 and Pilot is now gone.
Latest blog entry: DJI Goggles RE x OcuSync videos
Apr 17, 2018, 07:09 PM
sillygoo.se
Quote:
I put only one set on a hub at a time. The 2 sets on a hub thing saves no charge time at all. So if you only charge 1 set per hub you never run into that problem. If you look at my charging rig you'll see that only one set of battery connectors are available per hub. The other two connectors are pointless.

Edit: I can keep 1 bird in the air continuously with that charge rig given time to land and swap batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewstorm
Man, that thing looks like a roadside IED.

My buddy did a similar pelican case setup like this with the hubs all lined up. And agree Matthew, I would not want to take it through security at the airport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Goyette
Yeah, I was out on the east side of the Central Valley against the foothills below tehachapi...nothing but cow pasture for miles, and at least 10 miles from the nearest warning zone. Geo throws up that message, and even on the CS UB I couldn't see that stupid check box, so I packed up and headed east. Now that I know it's there, it's fine, but it continues to throw up that message in the weirdest places.
Lots of people complaining about not being able to see it too. I was under a floppy cutter and still couldn't see it the first time it came up! If it was one and done, I'd consider it a minor nuisance and move on. But with one or more per flight, it was just dumb. Time consuming and defeating the point of it.

Please, someone from DJI, set the pros free!
Apr 17, 2018, 07:43 PM
Enterprise Support - 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwood
My buddy did a similar pelican case setup like this with the hubs all lined up. And agree Matthew, I would not want to take it through security at the airport!

Lots of people complaining about not being able to see it too. I was under a floppy cutter and still couldn't see it the first time it came up! If it was one and done, I'd consider it a minor nuisance and move on. But with one or more per flight, it was just dumb. Time consuming and defeating the point of it.

Please, someone from DJI, set the pros free!
It has already been noted with engineering. There are many that are complaining. I had more issues with the prior version when they switched the side that the check boxes were on and there were two. We will get it updated for higher visibility.
Apr 17, 2018, 08:50 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
I just don't get this aspect of DJI customer service...I (we all) own several thousand dollar DJI drones and DJI you know thinks they can make a buck by forcing you to buy the wall cable separately from the fricken charging block!!!! So I knew this when purchasing this second charger but thought I have tons of those standard wall cables so I'll just use one I have around the house and why pay $30 dollars more for the thinner, sleeker charging block when the bigger one has the same charging specs. Well of course it turns out the thicker charging block for $30 less requires a NON-STANDARD cable interface so now I not only have to wait again for yet another delivery but I have to pay for a cable that, call me crazy SHOULD BE INCLUDED WITH $5K of DJI EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F!!!!!!!!!!!

Update: DJI order confirmed, you now have $5.00 more of my dollars in your account and FedEx has $10 more dollars, hope that covers your Christmas bonuses.

BTW This is no reflection on Ken and Ed's awesome customer support

Sorry, you can see I am slightly ticked about this.
Last edited by AdamChicago; Apr 17, 2018 at 09:04 PM.
Apr 17, 2018, 10:03 PM
I don't know if anybody (besides Ian) read my screed on lenses and the x7 from yesterday. I just posted a new 6k clip on vimeo, just because. This one is a little crispier, and a lot prettier but I think it makes the point that you can get plenty of detail out of this system. Good luck getting it to play nice in 6k on vimeo, but download the pretty impressive compressed 6k version that vimeo made (1.3 GB process smashed into 22mb of mp4).

Hwy 46 raw sequence 1 (0 min 8 sec)

I'm starting to dig this 6k raw stuff. It's remarkably more detailed than the ProRes. If the Apple ProRes can deliver something close to this in PRR, it's gonna be like a new camera.
Apr 17, 2018, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Yes and the new Pilot. I have spent more time on Pilot. Love the new off line maps and the ability to unlock in the App. The problem of switching between Go4 and Pilot is now gone.
What’s the Pilot? Another app for the Inspire 2?
Apr 17, 2018, 11:22 PM
Enterprise Support - 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by srandall25
What’s the Pilot? Another app for the Inspire 2?
Pilot is Android only. It can be used on several of the Enterprise craft like the M200 series and the I2. It is Go stripped down to what the pilot actually needs, not the video editing tools, etc. What was added was flight logging, a new off line map function. It is also the gateway to FlightHub for Enterprise which allows for streaming video from multiple craft in the field to a central command post. It is the only platform that allows for multiple cameras at the same time on a single craft.
Apr 17, 2018, 11:30 PM
If you told me today's shenanigans involved flying under the wing of a bush plane taking off from a glacier I would have thought you were nuts.

I'm am still not sure how, but it was an (ahem) "interesting" perspective. The pilot loves it.

These are quickie frame grabs from compressed, just started transferring the C-DNG

Was windy (15-20) and cold up there! The wind I think was making the gimbal and craft response twitchy, but it flew nice.
Apr 17, 2018, 11:38 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Pilot is Android only. It can be used on several of the Enterprise craft like the M200 series and the I2. It is Go stripped down to what the pilot actually needs, not the video editing tools, etc. What was added was flight logging, a new off line map function. It is also the gateway to FlightHub for Enterprise which allows for streaming video from multiple craft in the field to a central command post. It is the only platform that allows for multiple cameras at the same time on a single craft.
Cannot find a download for it anywhere. Link would be great Looked on Play Store & DJI .....

Cheers, Jon

Quick Reply