Apr 19, 2018, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srandall25 View Post
I successfully did the I2 firmware upgrade via the Assistant 2 app with no problems, the first time. I then power cycled with another set of batteries, and didn't notice any prompt or firmware upgrade which I was expecting to happen on the new set of batteries. Did the batteries not get a firmware upgrade as well?
All of the batteries get the upgrade. After you power up the controller and I2 you should get a mismatch FW notice. It doesn't do it thru Assistant2.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2018, 08:36 PM
Belfast, Northern Ireland
FW update went fine. Straightforward enough. Replaced batteries, started up, no warnings. Third set, started up and batteries updated. Fourth set, battery error, come back and land message - the I2 was on the kitchen table with props off! Discharged to cycle position using a Phantom Angel discharger and then recharged. Will check status of the TB50s tomorrow. In the meantime, I’ll leave my other two sets not updated and for use with my other not updated Inspire 2 as I have some work lined up for next week and need something with firmware I can rely on.
Apr 19, 2018, 08:48 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Can someone help me with a failed firmware update?

So to begin with I updated the Crystal Sky and then the Cendence....good to go there. Then like a fool I began the I2 update without the X5S attached and the update worked fine but then powered off and then attached the X5S, then powered back on and attached the I2 to the Assistant 2 via USB and then later also the Go4 App and both recognized a firmware mismatch followed by recommending to update again but it fails every time at 90% saying update failed in red, any ideas? All the batteries are over 50% power so that's not it.
Last edited by AdamChicago; Apr 19, 2018 at 09:04 PM.
Apr 19, 2018, 08:52 PM
Nicely done video and love the subject matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancresswell View Post
Hey gents!

The last 3 days I’ve been filming aerials with my I2/X5s at the 6666 (“four sixes”) ranch in Guthrie, Texas. It’s part of a larger documentary about the “cutting horse”. Anyways, for fun this afternoon while the 2 ground cam operators were shooting interviews in the middle of the day, I did a quick edit in premiere of some of my aerial footage from the last few days. I wrote a quick silly script and had my dad (a professional VO artist) do the read. It’s a little hokey (maybe more than a little lol), but I think it turned out fun. 2 of the days I was flying in 30-40mph winds. Crazy! Anyways, thought I’d share this little edit:

https://youtu.be/A4pGBI1g17s
Apr 19, 2018, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post

So to begin with I updated the Crystal Sky and then the Cendence....good to go there. Then like a fool I began the I2 update without the X5S attached and the update worked fine but then powered off and then attached the X5S, then powered back on and attached the I2 to the Assistant 2 via USB and then later also the Go4 App and both recognized a firmware mismatch followed by recommending to update again but it fails every time at 90% saying update failed in red, any ideas? All the batteries are over 50% power so that's not it.
You can't revert from this version of the firmware. However, the update appears to hang around 90%. How long have you let it sit. It can take 5-10 or more minutes to move on. I did my upgrade with the X7 attached and then mounted the X5S. There was no firmware mismatch error message given. If it will not proceed past 90%. Then take the X5S off, refresh the firmware and restore to factory defaults. Once done, attach the X5S and see if you get any error messages.
Apr 19, 2018, 09:55 PM
Thanks Ed, trying that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
You can't revert from this version of the firmware. However, the update appears to hang around 90%. How long have you let it sit. It can take 5-10 or more minutes to move on. I did my upgrade with the X7 attached and then mounted the X5S. There was no firmware mismatch error message given. If it will not proceed past 90%. Then take the X5S off, refresh the firmware and restore to factory defaults. Once done, attach the X5S and see if you get any error messages.
Apr 19, 2018, 10:00 PM
Pleasanton Ca
For the battery update process. Is there a recommended charge level each battery pair should be at before starting the update? Full?
Last edited by DED Reckoner; Apr 20, 2018 at 09:26 AM.
Apr 19, 2018, 10:32 PM
Ed, it won't reset to factory settings via Assitant 2/USB to I2...I did what you said and detached the X5S and connected to the Assistant 2 version 1.2.3 and selected reset to factory setting but after it finishes and says "successful" it still shows the most current firmware. I ignored the listed firmware version number and re-attached the X5S and reconnected to the Assistant 2 and it again identified the firmware "mismatch" which I then followed again leading up tot 90% for about 30mins before failing to a red-error message...what do I do now, it scares me that it won't factory reset, is it bricked? Is there a non-software factory reset I can do (button press combo on the I2 etc)?

HOWEVER it seems to be fine on the Go4 App go figure????? So flyable to some degree????

The latest firmwares are in the image below...and a photo of my dog for sympathy sake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Last edited by AdamChicago; Apr 19, 2018 at 11:00 PM.
Apr 19, 2018, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Ed, it won't reset to factory settings...I did what you said and detached the X5S and connected to the Assistant 2 version 1.2.3 and selected reset to factory setting but after it finishes it still shows the most current firmware. I ignored the listed firmware version number and re-attached the X5S and reconnected to the Assistant 2 and it again identified the firmware "mismatch" which I then followed again leading up tot 90% for about 30mins before failing to a red-error message...what do I do now, it scares me that it won't factory reset, is it bricked? Is there a non-software factory reset I can do (button press combo on the I2 etc)?
Not for the craft only the RC. Can you PM me your update log from Assistant 2? I have cases where the reset to factory defaults does not work. Does your firmware version have a + sign after the number? Have you tried to refresh the firmware without the X5S on in Assistant 2. Please do that. Then disconnect from Assistant 2 and mount the camera. Power the I2 and connect the App. Are you getting a firmware mismatch in the App? If not you are ok.
Apr 19, 2018, 11:13 PM
Quote:

Exactly what happen to me. ( read back a few posts ) My solution was to hook up a IPhone and do the update with X5s from the Go 4 app through the iPhone. Hope this will help you also. I have no idea why this worked through the iPhone ( it did not work using the Cs).
Last edited by Nilsblix; Apr 19, 2018 at 11:23 PM.
Apr 20, 2018, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewstorm View Post
All of the batteries get the upgrade. After you power up the controller and I2 you should get a mismatch FW notice. It doesn't do it thru Assistant2.
I got the firmware mismatch warning within assistant 2 and upgraded all my batteries that way. Are you using the latest version of assistant because it worked perfectly for me
Apr 20, 2018, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewstorm View Post
You're right. I was initially expecting the I2 to automatically update upon power up as it use to do with the I1... I checked the Go4 app and sure enough the option to update was there. Thanks. Now I just have to go through the process on 10 sets of batteries... errr.... but glad we have the update. Progress!
Last edited by srandall25; Apr 20, 2018 at 02:26 AM.
Apr 20, 2018, 02:44 AM
The 'Firmware mismatch' message can take a little while to appear, you should find that it will come up within a minute or so of completing the firmware check on the initial app screen (the one with the photo of the aircraft). Just wait there and it should appear eventually.
Apr 20, 2018, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin View Post
The 'Firmware mismatch' message can take a little while to appear, you should find that it will come up within a minute or so of completing the firmware check on the initial app screen (the one with the photo of the aircraft). Just wait there and it should appear eventually.
ya, I think that's what tripped me up the first time. I didn't wait long enough... I remembered I did have the app on but didn't see anything... but you're exactly right... just wait a bit longer and it will eventually appear. All 20 batteries now updated!! whew
Apr 20, 2018, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
I got the firmware mismatch warning within assistant 2 and upgraded all my batteries that way. Are you using the latest version of assistant because it worked perfectly for me
I didn't try it thru Assistant. I did it thru the CrystalSky which bricked a battery. I then had to reapply the entire FW Upgrade which fixed the battery. I then updated all the batteries thru my iPad.

Quick Reply