Dec 30, 2016, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Correct.
Hmmm.... Wouldn't the bird do (or at least attempted to do ) a backflip if the elevator (instead of throttle in Mode1) is pulled back with motors still running ??
Last edited by mmmmmmarian; Dec 30, 2016 at 10:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2016, 11:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmmarian
Hmmm.... Wouldn't the bird do (or at least attempted to do ) a backflip if the elevator (instead of throttle in Mode1) is pulled back with motors still running ??
That's the point, it's an emergency shutoff and shouldn't be used unless the craft is already in the dirt anyways.

This is why we need the log for this issue. Something isn't right.
Dec 30, 2016, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
That's the point, it's an emergency shutoff and shouldn't be used unless the craft is already in the dirt anyways.

I was rather questioning the logic behind the fact that this CSC seems to ignore the controller Mode. In Mode 2 it at least makes sense to pull the throttle down first to slow the motors before the second stick is pulled down and left to cut down the motors. But in Mode 1 it means to first pull the elevator back which sounds a bit illogical and it could be dangerous too. Unless I am missing something. The Manual says to use it after the craft already landed which does not mean necessarily that it is "in the dirt" i.e. crashed, if that's what you meant.
Last edited by mmmmmmarian; Dec 31, 2016 at 12:33 AM.
Dec 31, 2016, 02:33 AM
Quote:
as long as the vibration isn't enough for micro bounces or twitches on the ground it should be fine.. Make sure you are power with the lens cover off .

edit

I just powered mine up and if I touch the upper gimbal plate I do feel slight vibration. This is 100% normal if that's what you're experiencing. Like I said if you are not seeing it oscillate I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks Blade.

Funnily enough, when we arrived at the field for the maiden, one of the (other) first i2 owners up here was testing theirs and I got to feel their gimbal.
I did feel a slight vibration on theirs too, and then powered ours up to compare. At first it felt quite a bit stronger and then died down (after about 30 seconds) to about the same level as theirs.

Good news is that it did not seem to impact anything and the footage turned out great!
It flew great too but will definitely need to turn breaking way down...

Cheers!

p.s. We are using the DJI lens which seems perfectly balanced...
Dec 31, 2016, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76
It flew great too but will definitely need to turn breaking way down...
I1 braking is over the top too. Even turned all the way down you really have to be gentle about coming off the stick.
Dec 31, 2016, 03:32 AM
Quote:

I agree, something isn't right. I think people are confusing the issue by thinking he did CSC to turn off the motors on touch down. It was an auto land. He only did CSC and left stick down to try and shut the motors after it flipped. Maybe a VPS, barometer, or terrain sensor whacked out. Not that it has anything to do with this bird, but on my P3A I turn VPS off at all times. I have a weird hangup about that feature- don't like it. Anyway, I hope this gets figured out. Sorry to hear.
Dec 31, 2016, 11:11 AM
It didn't actually go all the way over right? The landing gear got caught and the motors spun up until the aircraft reached maximum angle (~35 degrees) causing the props hits the ground.
Dec 31, 2016, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
I just really would like a log file of the flight
Dec 31, 2016, 11:47 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
I just really would like a log file of the flight

Agreed to have a craft like the Inspire topple is some pretty extreme circumstances, all that weight is bearing dow

DJI need to see what happened here as it's very odd indeed.
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
Dec 31, 2016, 12:09 PM
Does the i2 bundle with the X5S come with a lense ? thanks
Dec 31, 2016, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowndisco
Does the i2 bundle with the X5S come with a lense ? thanks
It does along with he CineDNG and Apple ProRes licenses.
Dec 31, 2016, 12:14 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
It does along with he CineDNG and Apple ProRes licenses.

But no SSD or reader just in case someone's misses it.
Latest blog entry: HDZero Micro V3 - 1080P Is Here
Dec 31, 2016, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
But no SSD or reader just in case someone's misses it.
Correct. The user needs to select the capacity that suits their needs, 120 or 480.
Dec 31, 2016, 12:22 PM

External GPS on I2

Anyone know the physical dimensions of the GPS unit, that can be bought as accessori for the RC and how to mount it?
Dec 31, 2016, 12:23 PM
Thread OP
Even with 480g you still at about 22mins worth of footage

Quick Reply