Aug 06, 2020, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
Despite the CA closure and massive layoffs and the inability to communicate other than through online chat, Refresh replacements and battery warranty issues are still currently being handled promptly, as you describe from a few months ago. The TX warehouse is promptly logging received RMA's and also promptly sending out replacements in my experience over the last month.
Good to know! Thanks for the info!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2020, 03:34 PM

A second life of my Inspire 1 ...

No, this is NOT light painting with Mavic's belly lights. It is a film scene illumination with 28K lumens LED modules, attached to Inspire 1. This custom mod allows for approx. 9 minutes of continuous light. The frame was grabbed from 30fps CineDNG footage shot at 400 ISO, 1/60 shutter speed and F 2.8 aperture.
Aug 06, 2020, 04:03 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Dobrski
No, this is NOT light painting with Mavic's belly lights. It is a film scene illumination with 28K lumens LED modules, attached to Inspire 1. This custom mod allows for approx. 9 minutes of continuous light. The frame was grabbed from 30fps CineDNG footage shot at 400 ISO, 1/60 shutter speed and F 2.8 aperture.
Can you use that as a weed burner ??

Cheers, Jon
Aug 06, 2020, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon
Can you use that as a weed burner ??

Cheers, Jon
No. It was build to create special visual effects never previously seen in cinematography ...
Aug 11, 2020, 03:13 PM
I posted this a year ago or so here, but I recently regraded and cut this video after learning some new grading techniques with Resolve. This was all shot in 5.2K CinemaDNG.

Autumn Bliss (2 min 4 sec)
Aug 11, 2020, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srandall25
I posted this a year ago or so here, but I recently regraded and cut this video after learning some new grading techniques with Resolve. This was all shot in 5.2K CinemaDNG.

https://vimeo.com/292970901
I loved it when you posted it first time. Tgis time I only looked at it on my mobile phone (yet) but some of the shots looked way oversaturated. I understand that the subject asks for a strong vibrant colors but sometimes too much is simply too much. Just my 2c of course.
Last edited by mmmmmmarian; Aug 11, 2020 at 06:27 PM.
Aug 11, 2020, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmmarian
Beautiful! I only looked at it on my mobile phone (yet) but some of the shots looked way oversaturated. I understand that the subject asks for a strong vibrant colors but sometimes too much is simply too much. Just my 2c of course.
I hear ya... believe it or not, the colors were actually quite close to that. I didn't really push them too much in post to be honest, but feel free to let me know which ones look way over saturated to you.
Last edited by srandall25; Aug 11, 2020 at 06:14 PM.
Aug 11, 2020, 07:02 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:

https://vimeo.com/292970901
I think it looks Great! Very little over saturation, but clearly great color! Not burned anywhere ... some of the reds are tough when working with the other colors ... but you did a fantastic as usual!

Cheers, Jon
Aug 11, 2020, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon
I think it looks Great! Very little over saturation, but clearly great color! Not burned anywhere ... some of the reds are tough when working with the other colors ... but you did a fantastic as usual!

Cheers, Jon
Thanks Jon, much appreciated. It's amazing how 'a little goes a long way' when it comes to grading. I spent many hours messing with the grades on this one just because there was so much to work with on this type of shot and with CinemaDNG, so it was a good training opportunity for me. Certainly not perfect and always room for improvement but I'm quite happy with the results on this. One thing I've learned is that levels of saturations always come down to one's preference. There really is no right or wrong... to some degree... I remember initially looking at some of Barry's very colorful flower shots thinking 'whoooooo... those colors!!! very saturated'... but then after watching for a bit, I realized it was actually pretty cool. Not everything in post should always mimic reality right? We all look through a different creative lens. Some you'll please, others you won't.
Aug 11, 2020, 07:42 PM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:
Thanks Jon, much appreciated. It's amazing how 'a little goes a long way' when it comes to grading. I spent many hours messing with the grades on this one just because there was so much to work with on this type of shot and with CinemaDNG, so it was a good training opportunity for me. Certainly not perfect and always room for improvement but I'm quite happy with the results on this. One thing I've learned is that levels of saturations always come down to one's preference. There really is no right or wrong... to some degree... I remember initially looking at some of Barry's very colorful flower shots thinking 'whoooooo... those colors!!! very saturated'... but then after watching for a bit, I realized it was actually pretty cool. Not everything in post should always mimic reality right? We all look through a different creative lens. Some you'll please, others you won't.
The music was maybe a little over saturated

Cheers, Jon
Aug 11, 2020, 08:10 PM
Quote:
I hear ya... believe it or not, the colors were actually quite close to that. I didn't really push them too much in post to be honest, but feel free to let me know which ones look way over saturated to you.
I agree with you that grading is very personal. I am just expressing my opinion , not saying that I am right. To me though mostly 1:33 to 1:36 and those from 1:07 to 1:18 seem really too rich. In any case I enjoyed watching it.
Aug 11, 2020, 08:20 PM
Quote:
I agree with you that grading is very personal. I am just expressing my opinion , not saying that I am right. To me though mostly 1:33 to 1:36 and those from 1:07 to 1:18 seem really too rich. In any case I enjoyed watching it.
I'll take another closer look. Thanks for the feedback!
Aug 11, 2020, 10:43 PM

Rockpool video

Not much trafic in here lately, so to keep this forum alive here is my little video which I also posted some time ago and recently re-edited and re-graded. Proof of being guilty of liking saturated colors, desperately trying to keep it in check
Ivor Rowe Rockpool 4K (1 min 59 sec)
Last edited by mmmmmmarian; Aug 11, 2020 at 10:50 PM.
Aug 12, 2020, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Not much trafic in here lately, so to keep this forum alive here is my little video which I also posted some time ago and recently re-edited and re-graded. Proof of being guilty of liking saturated colors, desperately trying to keep it in check
https://vimeo.com/377466349
white balance and grade look pretty spot on to me. Nice colors and scenery captured at the right time of day. Great job!
Aug 12, 2020, 01:15 AM
Quote:
white balance and grade look pretty spot on to me. Nice colors and scenery captured at the right time of day. Great job!
Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply