Jul 21, 2019, 12:57 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
I dug my P4P out last night ( first time in ages ) to check for updates.
Started the drone, started the controller, once they got happy I plugged in my phone.
As expected it asked for an update which I did, then it asked to be plugged into the drone, I did, went through the presses and waited. Update to the drone kept failing around 8%, so I shut everything off and tried again, same. Updated the go4 app, then it would update to about 10% before failing.
What's going on?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2019, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptor
Started the drone, started the controller, once they got happy I plugged in my phone.
As expected it asked for an update which I did, then it asked to be plugged into the drone, I did, went through the presses and waited. Update to the drone kept failing around 8%, so I shut everything off and tried again, same. Updated the go4 app, then it would update to about 10% before failing.
What's going on?
You broke cardinal rule. #1. If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. (especially with DJI.)

Some have problems with updating FW through the GO app and use the Assistant program instead. If you must use GO, then make sure you select the frequency that your wifi router is NOT using.
Jul 21, 2019, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
You broke cardinal rule. #1. If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. (especially with DJI.)

Some have problems with updating FW through the GO app and use the Assistant program instead. If you must use GO, then make sure you select the frequency that your wifi router is NOT using.
How do I change the freq for the Go app?

It was an NFZ update.
Just took it for some flights and everything seems to be a-ok even though the update never finished.
Jul 21, 2019, 08:21 PM
Quote:
How do I change the freq for the Go app?

It was an NFZ update.
Just took it for some flights and everything seems to be a-ok even though the update never finished.
Probably OK then. Set the Go 4 HD transmission to Auto 5.8 GHz for best results in the U.S. and decline all NFZ updates. Still the best bird DJI ever made, IMHO, despite its lack of Mavic/Mavic 2 style of portability! Good luck!
Last edited by Gadget__Guy; Jul 22, 2019 at 02:36 AM.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:50 PM
skypirate
Quote:
What's going on?
Maybe Klingons, or possibly Gremlins at work.
Jul 23, 2019, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alligator
Or worse still, Vegans!
Jul 23, 2019, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e
Or worse still, Vegans!
Eww god, don't even.
I have a strict vegetarian diet, I only eat vegetarians: cows, pigs, , no tigers or eagles or bears.
Jul 23, 2019, 03:05 PM
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Eww god, don't even.
I have a strict vegetarian diet, I only eat vegetarians: cows, pigs, , no tigers or eagles or bears.
Vegetarians are tasty if marinated properly
Jul 24, 2019, 02:01 PM
skypirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlyBob
Vegetarians are tasty if marinated properly
Great Bar-B-Q'd, Taste like chicken!
Sep 21, 2019, 02:07 AM
Hey guys, want your opinion on something.
Would it be worth it buying a used phantom 4 pro that needs some repair.
The drone has a cracked camera lens and the gimbal is stated as doesn't sit properly and moves in random directions

The price is pretty cheap and it is local to me as well
Last edited by Kboy1998; Sep 21, 2019 at 02:15 AM.
Sep 21, 2019, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboy1998
The drone has a cracked camera lens and the gimbal is stated as doesn't sit properly and moves in random directions

How cheap is cheap?
I bought a refurb Mav 2z and it's perfect but I would never buy a broken drone unless it was close to free.
Sep 21, 2019, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboy1998

Tack on the price for a replacement Camera/Gimbal assembly and then see if its worth it (approx 600-650USD?). This doesnt even take into consideration your own time. Bit more and you could probably find a complete used unit in mint condition on classifieds/craigslist.
Sep 21, 2019, 09:59 AM
www.JonSmithers.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb1e
Or worse still, Vegans!
Quote:
Eww god, don't even.
Quote:
Great Bar-B-Q'd, Taste like chicken!
LOL! This was the laugh of the day

BTW, I have a great P4P for sale in the classifieds
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...extras-lowered

Cheers, Jon
Sep 21, 2019, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon
LOL! This was the laugh of the day