Apr 13, 2018, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Do you mean you just updated the App ?

No Ian apparantly it also updated my crystal sky to V02.06.03.00 as well as GO to 3.1.3 and GO4 to 4.2.8 and GO4 is no issue it logs in fine, but I tried to reload the update with an sd card and its still the same, just stops as soon as I complete the login page on GO only ??

Still waiting for DJI to give me an answer as to what to do next !
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2018, 09:22 AM
DJI ENTERPRISE SUPPORT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrophantom
No Ian apparantly it also updated my crystal sky to V02.06.03.00 as well as GO to 3.1.3 and GO4 to 4.2.8 and GO4 is no issue it logs in fine, but I tried to reload the update with an sd card and its still the same, just stops as soon as I complete the login page on GO only ??

Still waiting for DJI to give me an answer as to what to do next !
Can you please provide your crash logs?

dji:\\DJI\dji.go\crash, located on the CS
Latest blog entry: InterDrone 2018
Apr 13, 2018, 03:23 PM
This has probably been asked before, but is there any way of turning off those loud audible alarms from the remote, apart from opening the unit and disconnecting the speaker? It’s a real headache during a performance when you need to stay near the main mics with a remote that beeps so loudly when a battery is low, aircraft is disconnected and a little jingle even when you just want to turn it off!
Apr 14, 2018, 05:39 AM

.SRT Extraction and Use in PP CC 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman
There is a lot of info how to use ffmpeg. It's not difficult but it is different than using a typical GUI based application. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rce=opensearch
I wrote the post cited above https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5391
relating to the necessary syntax to extract the .SRT file from the P4P videos, which was originally supplied by Ken/blade strike (Thank you, again!)

ffmpeg -i DJI_####.mov -vn -an -codec:s:X.Y srt DJI_####.srt

However, I never got an anwer to my own question contained at the end of that post. Still looking for a way to get Imperial units instead of Metric on the displayed subtitle. Can anyone help? Is it possible through an ffmpeg syntax change to the original command? Here was the original question:

Q. Anyone know of any setting in the ffmpeg extraction command to change the displayed units in the subtitle overlay from Metric to Imperial?

Lastly, does anyone know how to use the embedded .SRT file during editing in PP CC so it will toggle as a subtitle in a rendered video output? Still haven't mastered that one either, over a year later, either with the extracted .SRT file, or with the original video, into which it is embedded. All help appreciated!
Last edited by Gadget__Guy; Apr 14, 2018 at 05:48 AM.
Apr 14, 2018, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Can you please provide your crash logs?

dji:\\DJI\dji.go\crash, located on the CS

Hi Blade

Interestingly I also cannot "sign up" on the GO login page, it gives error "connect to a network, then sign up again" even though its sitting next to the router !!
Apr 14, 2018, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget__Guy
I wrote the post cited above https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=5391
relating to the necessary syntax to extract the .SRT file from the P4P videos, which was originally supplied by Ken/blade strike (Thank you, again!)

ffmpeg -i DJI_####.mov -vn -an -codec:s:X.Y srt DJI_####.srt

However, I never got an anwer to my own question contained at the end of that post. Still looking for a way to get Imperial units instead of Metric on the displayed subtitle. Can anyone help? Is it possible through an ffmpeg syntax change to the original command? Here was the original question:

Q. Anyone know of any setting in the ffmpeg extraction command to change the displayed units in the subtitle overlay from Metric to Imperial?

Lastly, does anyone know how to use the embedded .SRT file during editing in PP CC so it will toggle as a subtitle in a rendered video output? Still haven't mastered that one either, over a year later, either with the extracted .SRT file, or with the original video, into which it is embedded. All help appreciated!
A quick google search found this on importing .srt files into Premier
https://www.google.com/search?q=impo...TF-8#kpvalbx=1

To convert to imperial units I suspect you would need to seek out ffmpeg help or run the resulting .srt through yet another script.
Apr 15, 2018, 03:22 AM
Quote:
A quick google search found this on importing .srt files into Premier
https://www.google.com/search?q=impo...TF-8#kpvalbx=1

To convert to imperial units I suspect you would need to seek out ffmpeg help or run the resulting .srt through yet another script.
Thank you very much for the suggestions. I was hoping someone else might know how to directly use the embedded .SRT file in PP, without first extracting it. There must have been a reason DJI chose to stop creating it separately, and just embed it instead, where it could presumably be used without needing to first extract it. It took 2 months for the engineers to even tell Ken and us that the absence of separate .SRT files in P4P videos was not a bug that would be ever fixed in a FW update. They never publicly announced the change to embedded .SRT files. It was just done. Anyway, still hoping someone reading this might have the same interests as I do in wanting to toggle the .SRT data on and off in edited videos in PP, and have come up with an easier way.

I am, indeed, looking for ffmpeg help, again hoping someone else had already invented the wheel for me. Surely, I am not the only DJI owner wanting to have the .SRT info displayed in Imperial units, when Imperial units were already selected in the GO 4 app.

Maybe Ken/blade strike , who supplied the original extraction code, can chime in with some additional suggestions.
Apr 15, 2018, 10:33 AM
Premier is deficient with this as well. The embedded subtitle data works fine in VLC player (although it plays choppy for me) as you can see in the screen shot.
Apr 16, 2018, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Premier is deficient with this as well. The embedded subtitle data works fine in VLC player (although it plays choppy for me) as you can see in the screen shot.
Apparently. I use MPC-HC, and it only plays them if they are first extracted. I have to wonder why DJI oddly decided to embed them into the P4P videos, but still keeps them separate in the Mavic and rest of the Phantom line, especially since the major editing programs like PP still can't support the embedded .SRT files, without first extracting them.
Apr 16, 2018, 08:53 AM
DJI ENTERPRISE SUPPORT
Quote:
Hi Blade

Interestingly I also cannot "sign up" on the GO login page, it gives error "connect to a network, then sign up again" even though its sitting next to the router !!
Can you open the browser up and connect to the internet, see if the connection is good? Why did you password the log zip?
Apr 16, 2018, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Can you open the browser up and connect to the internet, see if the connection is good? Why did you password the log zip?

Sorry not sure why the zip ended up like that but yes I can access the internet fine and it logs into GO4 no problems ?
Apr 16, 2018, 10:58 AM
DJI ENTERPRISE SUPPORT
Quote:
Sorry not sure why the zip ended up like that but yes I can access the internet fine and it logs into GO4 no problems ?
Yeah this is correct.. I will forward the zip.

Just to be clear when you reset the CS you are selecting to format sd as well?
Apr 16, 2018, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Yeah this is correct.. I will forward the zip.

Just to be clear when you reset the CS you are selecting to format sd as well?

Yup, then reloaded the bin file back to the sd card again after formatting it, and tried another clean local install
Apr 17, 2018, 08:00 AM
DJI ENTERPRISE SUPPORT
Quote:
Yup, then reloaded the bin file back to the sd card again after formatting it, and tried another clean local install
Try now, should be fixed. Just reboot and try again nothing else should be required
Apr 17, 2018, 08:38 AM
really ???....has something been done to change it ??

Quick Reply