Jun 19, 2017, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Swipe down from the top to get into wifi settings
Have you heard anything at all in regards to the smart rth toggle being restored or an updated firmware to fix the poor transmission live feed after the new firmware/downgrade?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 06:07 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisTurner
Have you heard anything at all in regards to the smart rth toggle being restored or an updated firmware to fix the poor transmission live feed after the new firmware/downgrade?
Nope. As it has been said I will let people know IF I hear something..
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
Jun 19, 2017, 06:20 PM
Not going to walk that one off
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisTurner

I would not expect the option to come back tbh, if it does then great but DJI are in the mood to change things it seems and will happy accept the fall out from that it appears.

Again I don't like it one bit when they remove features or options that you have had for some time but at the end of the day they will do what they do.

For a while I would suggest folk hang back and see where things land once the dust settles, there is no great need to update as both the Mavic and P4 Pro are pretty feature rich and stable on last fw, yes the later one brings some additional Gimbal performance but hanging back a while would do no harm a minute.
Latest blog entry: DJI 5.5" Crystalsky Monitor...
Jun 19, 2017, 07:07 PM
Just got back from a shot after going through both a Firmware for P4p and RC this morning. Throughout the shoot I kept having recording errors with black distortion or choppy records. Is this an issue with the current firmware? I have another shoot in an hour and am trying to figure out how best to fix. Thanks.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:27 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockFilm
Just got back from a shot after going through both a Firmware for P4p and RC this morning. Throughout the shoot I kept having recording errors with black distortion or choppy records. Is this an issue with the current firmware? I have another shoot in an hour and am trying to figure out how best to fix. Thanks.
Is this with onboard footage or are you talking about transmission issues? We are getting tons of reports of transmission issues on the Pro now.. I'm not seeing it but there's too many reports to ignore it. Engineering is aware of the issue and are in the process of trying to replicate it.. I'm doing the same but live in a pretty clean radio environment and can't replicate it so far!
Jun 19, 2017, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Is this with onboard footage or are you talking about transmission issues? We are getting tons of reports of transmission issues on the Pro now.. I'm not seeing it but there's too many reports to ignore it. Engineering is aware of the issue and are in the process of trying to replicate it.. I'm doing the same but live in a pretty clean radio environment and can't replicate it so far!
I have flown a bunch since the latest update. Zero issues flying downtown San Francisco in regards to transmission issues. Bought my P4P from Best Buy first week of Jan if that helps you guys.
Jun 19, 2017, 08:30 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithkman
I have flown a bunch since the latest update. Zero issues flying downtown San Francisco in regards to transmission issues. Bought my P4P from Best Buy first week of Jan if that helps you guys.
Ditto and I've been flying this for much loneger than public
Jun 19, 2017, 09:51 PM
Quote:
They have two different versions
So which Polar Pro gimbal/holder is better?
Jun 19, 2017, 10:02 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissortail
So which Polar Pro gimbal/holder is better?
I personally like the stock style the best. Probably the most secure. But you really can't beat the ease of the other one..
Jun 19, 2017, 11:34 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithkman
Quote:
Ditto and I've been flying this for much loneger than public
My transmission issues actually got better with this last update.
I've been very happy so far.

Dave
Jun 20, 2017, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regsky
I didn't realize there was an update for the RC?
Don't feel bad it's a common mistake.
Err ah well ... I made the mistake too.
Jun 20, 2017, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
I would not expect the option to come back tbh, if it does then great but DJI are in the mood to change things it seems and will happy accept the fall out from that it appears.

Again I don't like it one bit when they remove features or options that you have had for some time but at the end of the day they will do what they do.

For a while I would suggest folk hang back and see where things land once the dust settles, there is no great need to update as both the Mavic and P4 Pro are pretty feature rich and stable on last fw, yes the later one brings some additional Gimbal performance but hanging back a while would do no harm a minute.
Completely agree
Jun 20, 2017, 01:31 AM
Quote:
From what I have gleaned from the reports, the best HD range setting of Auto 5.8GHz on the P4P (4+ miles in heavily urban areas at 100 feet AGL with clear LOS), is now no longer staying on Auto 5.8Ghz, and is therefore downgrading itself to the inferior 2.4Ghz range of under a mile at best. That would be a deal breaker for me! I'll be sitting this one out. Hopefully, since DJI knows how they got it to work so perfectly before, unless this, too, was intentional, DJI can be restore the Auto 5.8Ghz setting to its prior glory!
Jun 20, 2017, 02:14 AM
Not going to walk that one off

Official Phantom 4 PRO / ADV ***Owner's Thread***

Those having poor transmission or lag can you please post your exact setup so we have some data points.

Rc Model (located on the rear)

RC FW version

If the none Plus do you have the HDMI board fitted.

Device type so IOS or Android

App Version

Frequency 2.4 or 5.8 for the link

Sometimes these things can be down to very specific HW combinations, for instance there is an issue where we get very bad video on the P3 and P4 GL300C with the HDMI board fitted on V1.8 FW, this completely goes away with V1.6.
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jun 20, 2017 at 02:29 AM.
Jun 20, 2017, 02:25 AM
It switches from 2.4ghz to 5.8ghz from time to time, video feed has been a little bit choppy with last fw update even in clean environment...