Official Phantom 4 PRO / ADV ***Owner's Thread*** - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 15, 2016, 03:01 PM
Registered User
lots of new videos on dji's youtube channel for both the new phantom and inspire 2!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2016, 03:01 PM
Registered User

SDK Support


If you go with the integrated display, what runs the DJI Go App/ SDK apps?

Are SDK apps even supported on the built-in monitor version?

And can one use an external smart device (after getting an optional tablet mount)?
Last edited by Deluge2; Nov 15, 2016 at 03:08 PM.
Nov 15, 2016, 03:05 PM
Registered User
Still waiting for a Mavic, though the new camera on the P4 Pro is very tempting. I think for what I'd like to use it for the portability wins out. I'd pay a bit more to get the same camera on a Mavic!

Shame they are sticking with the horrible gloss white plastic on the Phantoms after how nice the Mavic looks.

Anyone got a link to more info on what the Crystalsky monitors are?
Nov 15, 2016, 03:07 PM
resU deretsigeR
Mr Sploodge's Avatar
When I though I could not be blown away, I am...
Nov 15, 2016, 03:13 PM
Critic at Large
craigiri's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluge2
If you go with the integrated display, what runs the DJI Go App/ SDK apps?

Are SDK apps even supported on the built-in monitor version?

And can one use an external smart device (after getting an optional tablet mount)?
I think it is a normal Android tablet so it seems as if you would have access to everything.....

Guessing here - but maybe a high quality Huawei (OEM) tablet?
Nov 15, 2016, 03:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sploodge
When I though I could not be blown away, I am...
Me too,

Glad I didn't order a Mavic. Will sell my P3P and P4 to fund this beauty!

bob
Nov 15, 2016, 03:16 PM
US Support / 107 Certified
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sploodge
When I though I could not be blown away, I am...
Agreed 100mbps bitrate and 264 and 265 encoding options is a game changer
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount
Nov 15, 2016, 03:18 PM
Freelance Cinematographer
iancresswell's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Agreed 100mbps bitrate and 264 and 265 encoding options is a game changer
Finally! This is one of the biggest things to be excited about honestly.
Nov 15, 2016, 03:19 PM
Registered User
If this camera delivers on the specs ... wow.
Nov 15, 2016, 03:20 PM
Registered User
Are these shipping in 1-2 weeks ???

bob
Nov 15, 2016, 03:20 PM
Registered User
So uh... who wants to buy a Mavic with just a couple of miles on it?

This is pretty phenomenal, especially given the price point. The only thing I would have wished for would be an upward sensor like the I2.
Nov 15, 2016, 03:20 PM
animal logic
AviZ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluge2
If you go with the integrated display, what runs the DJI Go App/ SDK apps?
Are SDK apps even supported on the built-in monitor version?
And can one use an external smart device (after getting an optional tablet mount)?
Good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri
I think it is a normal Android tablet so it seems as if you would have access to everything.....
Guessing here - but maybe a high quality Huawei (OEM) tablet?
If its a android tablet that will limit the number of Apps you can use iOS has a wider range of App available - so no screen for me
Nov 15, 2016, 03:21 PM
Registered User
Will the P4 standard batteries work?

bob
Nov 15, 2016, 03:25 PM
Critic at Large
craigiri's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancresswell
Finally! This is one of the biggest things to be excited about honestly.
From the little I have read that's about 3X as good (subjectively) as the 60Mbps H264......

They say H265 is 2X as good (subjectively) -at the same bitrate, so this may be the H264 equiv of 200Mpbs.

Fantastic at that price level. I love my Sony RX with the same - or similar - sensor.
Nov 15, 2016, 03:25 PM
US Support / 107 Certified
blade strike's Avatar
New larger pack as well, bit does accept the standard p4 pack.
Latest blog entry: Mavic CrystalSky Mount


Thread Tools