Sep 20, 2004, 07:33 PM
Big 3D
Thread OP

How do you get over RC Boredom?

I have been doing RC planes for about 2 yrs. I started out with a Airtech stealth, soon to a skyzap, then slow stick, TM, beaver, p-51, formosa, Estarter, Aerohawk heli, assorted 3d types, and many fan folds -from zagnutz to tensor. Used to fly ALL the time now It is one time per week. Guess I am just bored.

Give me inspiration or give me death.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2004, 07:44 PM
Closed Account
It sounds like you are burned out and ready to move on to a new hobby, just send me all those planes you're not using anymore. To show you what a nice guy I am I'll even pay for the shipping.
Sep 20, 2004, 07:49 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
Try something new!! Float planes, EDF's, big electric, or glow if you want.

Cam
Sep 20, 2004, 07:51 PM
Or try something FAST!! EDF's are fun, so are big electrics and big helis.

Glow....no too messy

ash
Sep 20, 2004, 07:59 PM
Big 3D
Thread OP
I ventured towards fast, but hate to spend any more money right now...I have a graupner 480 and 1100 8 cell pack...was a pusher on zagnuts. Tried it on a AZ Shrike...thinking fast, well I got lame duck. And yes I turned the prop around.
Sep 20, 2004, 08:04 PM
Big 3D
Thread OP
WOW i just added them up and I have had 24 planes that I can recall.......all parkflyer types
Sep 20, 2004, 08:08 PM
Rehab is for quitters
I got bored myself this past summer....so, I started flying glow and added another sailplane w/brushless motor. Aint bored no more I can tell ya that!!!!
I have a Hangar 9 Twist, a Goldberg Tiger 2 and Sig Kougar as glow. Mess?
Takes me all of 1 minute and its not really that bad. I still have all my other electrics but just like you, got bored with them. I still do fly them though.

Dave...
Sep 20, 2004, 08:27 PM
To many projects
I used to get that feeling to. A couple long inverted passes a foot off the deck fixes that for me. Get it right its a rush, get it wrong its a another building project works every time.
Sep 20, 2004, 08:31 PM
Maybe you are flying too much. Have you tried building a wood one? You can anticipate flying it all during the build, then fly it and start on the next one.
Sep 20, 2004, 09:40 PM
DLC
DLC
Try designing and building, or at least building. If I did nothing but fly ARF's. I suspect I would become bored and leave the hobby pretty quickly.
Sep 20, 2004, 09:50 PM
Instead of "doing" toyish airplanes, try building miniature aircraft for a challenge and more excitement. After spending a few weeks building a detailed flying scale model , making motor sounds while swooping it around the living room and getting it ready for flight, I guarantee your knees will knock before, during and after the first and next few flights while you get it trimmed out and get the hang of flying it. It will take you much longer to get bored with something that takes some planning and effort to build and finish. If you are really an aviation enthusiast, your modelling doldrums won't last long.
Sep 20, 2004, 10:31 PM
Big 3D
Thread OP
I guess I am an enthusiast, My mom just gave me a picture of myself with a J3 rubber job I had when I was 3-4yr old. My Dad converted to .020 Cox FF. Never saw it again. Boy was I mad at him for a long time. I have dabbled in planes all my life I guess. Just remember he bought a replacement plane, in 1974. It was ELECTRIC. charge it up and put a cam in the bottom, predictible free flight.

I just completed a glider of mine on TLAR design outta fan fold. I will maiden soon.

I also had a pattern plane that is 40 size. I got one on eBay cheap. Had a friend and excellent fliier build it. Well 25yrs of experience and reversed ailerons equal 30 foot flight to terra firma. That was disappointing to say the least. He did buy a new ARF...hope to see it fly soon. That may help my boredom.
Sep 20, 2004, 10:37 PM
characters welcome!
Yep. Do a wooden plane for a change. Flying one after putting some personality and time into the build will keep you interested.

mw
Sep 20, 2004, 10:47 PM
Sink Ends Thermal Delights
Try AP....Nothing like flying an expensive camera @ 500 ft strapped onto a Slowstick with velcro to get the blood pumpin' .....If still bored fly it over water
Sep 20, 2004, 10:52 PM
Big 3D
Thread OP
I really want the Groove just dont have the $$$

Quick Reply