New HSD turbofoam mirage 2000 - RC Groups
Nov 12, 2016, 09:45 AM
Discussion

New HSD turbofoam mirage 2000

Thought I'd get a new thread going. Interested in one of these myself. Due to ship the end of November I think. Here are some factory pics from a rcu thread.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2016, 09:47 AM
Wingspan:1225mm, 48.23 inches

Length:1959mm, 77.13 inches

Servos: Dual bearings, metal gear, digital

AUW Weight:7.5kg 16.53lbs

HSD HSDJETS Mirage2000 foamy turbine jet nice landing (4 min 49 sec)

Specs
Nov 12, 2016, 02:47 PM
Pacific RC Jets will be selling these. There will also be a blue and gray camo scheme available in the next few weeks. Like the V3 Super Viper, a smoke system will be standard. Later thrust vectoring is expected to be an option.
Nov 14, 2016, 12:03 AM
Jet wanna-be
I just preordered mine!
Sorry but I'm not willing to spend $300 or more with US dealers
Nov 14, 2016, 08:49 AM
KingtechUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhernandez
I just preordered mine!
Sorry but I'm not willing to spend $300 or more with US dealers
Who sells it for cheaper?
Nov 14, 2016, 10:02 AM
Jet wanna-be
MANY HSD dealers in China, if interested, PM me and I'll give you some emails
Nov 14, 2016, 10:05 AM
Jet wanna-be
I see that Pacific jets is being mentioned here. I am willing to try a K60, but I dont know if their price tag competes with the ACE60, which I can ger for $1490 with shipping included to MX
Nov 14, 2016, 10:15 AM
KingtechUSA
No PM needed. Was just curious since Pacific is supposed to be the only distributor for HSD turbine jets now.

Also the engine you get is your choice but I will say their is a reason HSD is partnered with Kingtech now.
Nov 14, 2016, 10:24 AM
Jet wanna-be
I don't live in the US, so my first choice for RC is always China.
I don't think chinese companies make exclusive deals with anyone, they just don't work that way.

Regarding the engine, yes I know Kingtech is a solid brand with proven quality, but since the arrival of the Swiwin engines (ACE) I heard that they started lowering their prices. God bless competiton.
I already have an ACE so that's why I would consider a K60
Nov 14, 2016, 12:00 PM
Jet wanna-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunradd
No PM needed. Was just curious since Pacific is supposed to be the only distributor for HSD turbine jets now.

Also, what about GJC? They were offering the Super Viper and the F-16 last time I checked...
Nov 14, 2016, 01:31 PM
KingtechUSA
Quote:
Also, what about GJC? They were offering the Super Viper and the F-16 last time I checked...
Well lots of politics involved that I don't want to get into but I think the ACE engines and reliability had something to do with it.

I am a kingtech demo pilot so I don't want to get involved with mud slinging so that's about all I will say about that.

HSD was kind enough to team up with Kingtech Turbines and Pacific RC Jets in the end.
Nov 14, 2016, 03:27 PM
Jet wanna-be
Yeah I get that.
I am just a regular guy who likes to research for better prices.
But still, Pacific Jets are not the only ones (talking about the US), I just saw Global Jet Club website and they offer the HSD with ACE turbines.

IŽll contact Kingtech dealers to talk about the K60, do you know if this has the auto restart feature yet?
Nov 14, 2016, 03:57 PM
KingtechUSA
Quote:
Yeah I get that.
I am just a regular guy who likes to research for better prices.
But still, Pacific Jets are not the only ones (talking about the US), I just saw Global Jet Club website and they offer the HSD with ACE turbines.

IŽll contact Kingtech dealers to talk about the K60, do you know if this has the auto restart feature yet?
Yes all new kingtech engines now come with the auto restart feature from the K45 all the way to the K300.

I dont know the details but GJC might just have stock they are selling then thats it. From what I was told only Pacific jets will be carrying all the new orders.
Nov 14, 2016, 06:12 PM
Jet wanna-be
ok thanks.

2m is a big plane compared to the 1.6m Viper. Is 6kg of thrust enough? Pacific is advertising it with the 4.5kg option also...
Nov 15, 2016, 03:54 PM
Get a kingtech.