Nov 12, 2016, 09:22 AM
Will it ever happen
Thread OP
Contest

Most dangerous road trips

We all like a bit of fun for our holidays so below is what I would consider the most exciting road trip you can take today from Lagos Nigeria to Istanbul Turkey. You could go via Greece, it is 12 minutes shorter, but why miss all the fun of north Africa.

Kick off in Lagos and encounter armed robbers, Boko Haran and malaria. You'll meet up again with Boko Haran in Niger and the ever friendly Al Murabitun who are famous for kidnapping and extortion. Algeria is obviously mostly desert with fantastic sunsets you can share with Al Qaeda and ISIL.

Tunisia may give you a little respite from the hectic Sahel fun but if you need more excitement head over to Sousse. Libya does not need too much of an introduction keep and eye open for Al Qaeda and ISIL both still well known for their car bombs and kidnapping.

Things get a bit more sedate in Eygpt and Jordan the highlights are weekend trips to Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis and Jehbat Al Nusra training camps - all westerners are most welcome. No need to expand on the delights of Syria but do watch out for barrel bombs and exciting bombing raids by Russian jets. Also the added attraction of a sunset side trip to the Admiral Kutnetsov carrier fleet in the tranquil Mediterranean.

Then relax for a drive through Turkey stopping off at PKK rest houses and the occasional bombing of police stations.

Full details are available at all good travel agencies. The earliest tour date is expected in 2050 - if only the politics allow.
Nov 12, 2016, 09:35 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
...And do it on a motorcycle.

Nov 12, 2016, 05:22 PM
Would be safer than driving around Chicago in a convertible with Trump bumper stickers (even in the daytime).
Nov 12, 2016, 05:53 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
I recently met a young man who managed to get from the Horn of Africa, to the UK, he did the trip properly, across the med in an overloaded leaky boat with loads of others, several of which did not make it, he travelled with his older brothers, well, one disappeared going across the med, the other disappeared in the Calais Jungle, then he lived alone there for six months until it got cleared and he was one of the children brought over at the time nthat the press claimed they were adults, he looks about 8 to me, but then what do I know, I look at a feral kid, who has no idea what is going on, can't speak English, but made it clear that the banana and ice cream he was given by my wife was the best thing he had ever tasted, and looks about the same age as the eight year old boys I see around, mind they do not have scars all over their faces from god knows what and a look of fear/suspicion on their faces.

When I was asked if I minded if my house was used to house refugee children, I said go for it, I can't help all of them, but I can do what I can.

Quick Reply