The Lumenier AXII 5.8GHz Antenna (mini size) - RC Groups
Nov 11, 2016, 05:50 PM
Discussion

The Lumenier AXII 5.8GHz Antenna (mini size)

The Lumenier AXII 5.8GHz Antenna makes a giant leap forward in FPV antenna technology. Lumenier, in collaboration with renowned FPV antenna designer Hugo of TrueRC, brings you one of the smallest, lightest and best performing FPV antennas in the world. The AXII antenna is an original design that features a new RF pathway technology (unique hybrid network) allowing it to be incredibly light weight (7.6g) and less than half the size of most other 5.8GHz CP antennas.

Even though the AXII is both small and light weight, it does not sacrifice any performance. In fact it out performs most other antennas in all categories. Precision engineering has given this antenna a near perfect 1.0 Axial ratio resulting in a true circularity. On top of that, the AXII has a high max gain of 1.6dBic enabling better range and penetration. It has a wide bandwidth covering the popular FPV 5GHz band from 5.5GHz-6.0GHz, ensuring you have a clear and strong signal no matter which frequency you're on.

The AXII is designed to be ultra durable and put up with the beatings FPV pilots put on their antennas. The cable is a semi-rigid, black coated RG402 cable and 45mm long, allowing for 90 degrees or more of freedom. The SMA connection is reinforced with a metal collar crimped to the base for extra support. The outer shell case is made from an impact resistant polycarbonate material, and it is sealed shut to guard the antenna elements inside. Note: When installing, secure the antenna via the SMA connector, do not twist the cap.

Specifications
  • Gain: 1.6dbic
  • Axial ratio: 1.0 (near perfect)
  • Bandwidth: 5.5GHz-6.0GHz
  • Radiation Efficiency: 98%
  • SWR: <=1.5:1
  • Weight: 7.6g
  • Size: 70mm x 16mm
  • Cable: Semi-rigid RG402
  • Connector: SMA
  • Works great as both a transmitting or receiving antenna

Polarization
  • Right Hand Circular (RHCP)

Includes
  • 2x Lumenier AXII 5.8GHz Antennas (RHCP) with SMA

Available Here - http://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-axii-...enna-rhcp.html

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Last edited by GetFPV; Nov 12, 2016 at 01:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2016, 09:21 PM
This looks amazing. Preordered for the small size alone. If it works even close to as well as other more common antennas this thing will be a huge win.
Nov 14, 2016, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple50
This looks amazing. Preordered for the small size alone. If it works even close to as well as other more common antennas this thing will be a huge win.
Thank you, appreciate the order. I think you will be very happy with it
Nov 15, 2016, 05:00 PM
Ultralight-modelplane-copter
Is this a pagode antenna?
Nov 15, 2016, 05:18 PM
Engineer for Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex67
Is this a pagode antenna?
No. This is an original creation by True RC Canada's designer. The Pagoda is quite different... and larger.

-Alex
Nov 15, 2016, 05:49 PM
Team Crash
Any ETA on when they will be available.
Nov 16, 2016, 12:21 AM
What can possibly go wrong?
1: Will there be LHCP too? RHCP is more common, so I've always used LHCP to reduce interference from the group I fly with. I'm currently using the large, heavy, and expensive VAS air blade LHCP on both my quads, goggles, and monitor. Excellent product but the future is smaller and lighter..

2: If GetFPV offers a LHCP (the choice not to would baffle me) would they work with my current receiver antennas or would I need to replace both ends?
Nov 16, 2016, 07:20 AM
Encasing a pagoda antenna and changing the name would be quite shameful.

LHCP AXII is a thing yes

It will work with your current antenna as long as it is same polarization.
Nov 16, 2016, 07:29 AM
"cheap, small, lightweight"
The radiation pattern diagrams look simulated, can you post real measurements?
Nov 16, 2016, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. FPV
1: Will there be LHCP too? RHCP is more common, so I've always used LHCP to reduce interference from the group I fly with. I'm currently using the large, heavy, and expensive VAS air blade LHCP on both my quads, goggles, and monitor. Excellent product but the future is smaller and lighter..

2: If GetFPV offers a LHCP (the choice not to would baffle me) would they work with my current receiver antennas or would I need to replace both ends?
1. Yes LHCP is under production now as well and will be available to order in a few weeks.
2. Yes can work with any other LHCP antenna.
Nov 16, 2016, 09:12 PM
What can possibly go wrong?
You guys are the best. Keep it up and I'll keep my open line of credit for you lol. Thanks for the response.
Nov 17, 2016, 12:31 AM
Hi GetFPV,

Could you show what's inside of this antenna? Just to see how strong it is?
Nov 17, 2016, 09:11 AM
Team Crash
When are these expected to start shipping?
Nov 17, 2016, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62
When are these expected to start shipping?
They are in production now, expected to start shipping in 2-3 weeks.
Nov 18, 2016, 03:15 PM
IBCrazy - what is your take on this design? It seems to be a direct competitor to your designs, but much smaller and apparently as good or better in performance.

I've been using your Mad Mushroom and Airscrew combo with great success, but if what they say about this one is true, it will be tough to justify staying with the Bluebeams.