New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2004, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by KenP

I am looking to build a slow fly Bi-plane

I have plenty of sport type planes and I am looking for something that can just sit in a chair and fly around for 30 minutes or so. I really want a bi-plane.

So can anyone suggest a fan fold bi-plane in a speed 400 size? I don't really care if I need to scale up plans I can do that.

I plan on using my 3s Thunder Power 2100mAh (gen 1) with my Typhoon 15 swinging a APC 11x4.7 prop. The power setup will pull a 3d plane vertical at half throttle at 8 amps. So not power issues I just need a plane to put the stuff in.

I have tried to do a search to find something I like but the search returns so many hits to search through. I used to have Sun Wheel and that is what I am kinda looking for in size and flight characteristics. But I am not going to pay the price they want for one of those planes.

Any suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by cjackgo
Trick flyer
I built this one a couple of weeks ago and it seems to fly pretty well. That's the nice thing about FFF, it only costs a buck or two to try a new plane.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250032

Jack
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:12 PM
Find More Posts by rockerfly
That stupid plane....
I was just going to recommend nicerage's design, you beat me to it!

-Rockerfly
Old Sep 20, 2004, 11:46 PM
Find More Posts by Caveman
Oops, reversed elevator!
Why not try Tim's Ultimate Biplane
http://www.foamyfactory.com/
It flies slow and relaxing, as long as you keep it light. I know it's a 3D plane, but that doesn't mean you have to do any acrobatic.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:19 AM
Find More Posts by KenP
I might try the ultimate and scale it up 30%, with the motor and batteries I have 12oz is not possible. But if I make the plane bigger I might be able to get what I want in the 16oz range.

I was hoping there was a FF bi-plane with a uncambered wing like the slow stick. Since a uncambered wing has so much lift.

Well I will give one of these a try.

Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2004, 08:15 AM
gpw
Find More Posts by gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
The Fat Beech is your plane .... Cheap , cool, visible , relaxing , and best of all flies great .... search the threads for the Free Plans...Enjoy , we know you will......