SkyGates - RC Groups
Nov 08, 2016, 03:39 PM
because rust never sleeps....
Discussion

SkyGates

Not sure if there is a feedback for Suggested features thread for SkyGates, but here are a couple of points:

1. Will it be possible to plan a SkyGates course using the Vector software application, little bit like we can do with Waypoints already ?

It's nice to have the OSD for in the field, but if it settings can be planned in advance in the comfort of an office on a big monitor in an intuitive way, that would be preferable.

2. Would it be possible to assign SkyGates to a channel so that it can be turned on or off at the flick of a switch. This is obviously nothing to do with flight modes and so should not feature as a mode/submode option. Just a separate feature to turn it on or off.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your views.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2016, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers
Not sure if there is a feedback for Suggested features thread for SkyGates, but here are a couple of points:

1. Will it be possible to plan a SkyGates course using the Vector software application, little bit like we can do with Waypoints already ?

It's nice to have the OSD for in the field, but if it settings can be planned in advance in the comfort of an office on a big monitor in an intuitive way, that would be preferable.

2. Would it be possible to assign SkyGates to a channel so that it can be turned on or off at the flick of a switch. This is obviously nothing to do with flight modes and so should not feature as a mode/submode option. Just a separate feature to turn it on or off.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your views.
They both sound good to me. Would be nice to set a large gate course for fixed wing.

I was also thinking that there could be a set of preset standard courses fixed wing and multi rotor. Or these could be released once a month. There could then be an international league with the vector logging best lap times.

Seems to me that there are some great possibilities for ET to pursue here.

sj
Nov 09, 2016, 03:52 PM
Be cool to share one gate setup and see other ET users on the course . . . like a racing radar.
Nov 10, 2016, 03:52 PM
Couldn't do it real time but could maybe fly laps of a course then upload the log to overlay a bunch of flyers.
Nov 18, 2016, 06:19 AM
Any feedback from Eagle Tree on the original post please ?
Nov 18, 2016, 07:43 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoRogers
Any feedback from Eagle Tree on the original post please ?
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response. And if a response was given, it would be that the suggestion is being considered, it may or may not be implemented in the next beta, and there is no ETA on the date of the next Beta release.

I would consider what I've written the official answer from Eagle Tree.
Nov 18, 2016, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rups63
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response. And if a response was given, it would be that the suggestion is being considered, it may or may not be implemented in the next beta, and there is no ETA on the date of the next Beta release.

I would consider what I've written the official answer from Eagle Tree.
I do understand the difference between floating and exploring a concept to see if it might be viable, versus a tested implementation

What I was looking for was an engagment in dialogue from Eagle Tree. If they told me that it could not or would not be done due to some other constraint, that would still be of value. Having a channel to attract feedback which they did not participate in, probably does not.

Thanks for replying anyway.
Jul 16, 2017, 07:05 PM
+1 for PC software use for setting up skygates. I'd like to create fixed wing courses using the google maps/earth perspective, and then also share them with other Vector pilots.

-Ian