Nov 08, 2016, 12:31 PM
Thread OP
New Product

DALRC 2.4G 8dBm Remote Control Power Amplifier for RC Models

Radio Transmitter Power Amplifier, intended to be installed inside the RC.
According to specs it was tested on: DJI RC, FUTABA, FrSky

DALRC 2.4G 8dBm Remote Control Power Amplifier for RC Models
http://www.banggood.com/DALRC-2_4G-8dBm-Remote-Control-Power-Amplifier-for-RC-Models-p-1103275.html

Description
This product is 2.4G air model remote control dedicated amplifier products, can greatly increase the distance from the remote control, the gain is 8DBm, the product also has an electronic switch function, do not need to take mechanical switch, control will not consume power, use. The use of high-frequency PCB, reduce interference, loss.

Specification
Size: 39.5 * 27mm
Weight: 9g
Operating voltage: 6-26V
Operating Current: 8V / 160mA 25dBm
Transmitting gain: 8dB ± 1.5dB
Receive gain: 10dB ± 1.5dB
Maximum transmit power: 33dBm / 2000mW
Noise figure: ≤3.0dB
SW switch maximum voltage: 26V
SW switch minimum trigger voltage: 1V
Working status indication: red LED: amplifier power is on; blue LED: transmitting signal

Test
The RC of DJI phantom 2 up to 6 km (open to test),
FUTABA remote control up to 3 km (open to test),
Frsky remote control up to 4 km (open to test),
Cross racing drone can be used to enhance the diffraction ability, greatly reducing the risk of out of control.

Note
The transmit power of this product is not a custom, need according to the input power superposition gain, the gain is 8dB.
Last edited by nitbeat; Nov 08, 2016 at 02:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2017, 08:40 PM
Has anyone try this out yet??
Jan 02, 2017, 09:40 PM
Perpetual Noob
It's illegal for use in the U.S.
Jan 02, 2017, 10:13 PM
Ah, no wonder. Thanks.
Oct 22, 2021, 04:01 AM

It just works!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I have built this amplifier into my Futaba T14SG.

The installaiton is very simple and the T14SG has the perfect internals to wire a switch at the SW pads and then place the switch inside of the battery compartement, should you wish not to wire the the transistor. Futaba has already made some holes in the battery compartnent at this location for screws which are underneath that, but it works flawlessly in terms of the internals. Other radios may not have the same advantage such as the FlySky FS-i6 because of their slim design, but with a little bit of tinkering, you can certainly get it to work.

Theoretical performance:

Although I was not able to test it with an oscilloscope, I was able to find a video on one of the Chienese webistes, which shows that what they have wiritten in terms of performance is correct and not just numbers. I was able to test the output frquency though using a 2.4GHz analysis tool, and it is bang on 2.4XXGHz withoug any harmonics or noise near the 2.4GHz band emitted from the device.

Real-life Range Test Results:

After building it into my Futaba T14SG, I was able to achieve a maximum range of 4.5km. This was tested on a straight and flat stretch of a motorway, where the model was left with a buddy of mine, I was driving away and he was confirming the reception of commands over the phone. Whilst in the air at an altitude of about 500m, the maximum distance to home I managed to achieve was about 4.4km. This is where the RSSI was starting to go crazy and the autopilot switched on the FAILSAFE (RTH) function automatically.

PS: All of this was done with stock Futaba antennas on the T14SG transmitter and the Futaba R7008SB diversity receiver.

Future Actions:

My next test will include replacing the stock antenna on the transmitter with an IPEX to SMA adapter and screwing on a higer dBi antenna so that I can install any 2.4GHz antenna I like. I will also try to post an installation guide video as well as a range test video on YouTube soon and post an update in this thread.
May 08, 2023, 03:59 PM
Suspended Account
module enhancement. up to 640mW for Futaba Tx's

Quick Reply