11-2-16 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by mfwilliams, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 07, 2016, 10:13 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Discussion

11-2-16

The last two slope trips to Normandy have all been on Wednesdays. So it was not a surprise that this Wednesday showed good winds for Normandy. Wind was out of the South at 10mph, so conditions were good. We had a fair sized group (for Normandy). Poh turned up with his Ridge Ryder and Radian. Bill Jenkins showed up with his Ridge Ryder and his own design glider. Chris Woodward showed up with an Easy Glider , Miles 2M, DAW 1-26 and LeFish. I had my Mini Rotor, Gillette and Zulu. I ended up with radio problems on two of my planes and only flew my Zulu. Poh flew both his planes. Bill flew his Ridge Ryder a few times and then test flew his own design T tail glider. Chris hadn’t flown slope in quite a bit of time. He actually had to pull gliders out of a storage unit before he came over to fly. Chis ended up flying only his MPX Easy Glider and his Electric Miles.
We spent 4 hours of flying, before calling it a day to soothe our wind burns. Another good day at the “Norm”.

Mike W
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2016, 12:12 AM
Definitely another great day sloping at the Norm.
Let's do it again soon.
Poh
Nov 09, 2016, 09:14 PM
Suspended Account
It's great, I love Normandy.....
Nov 11, 2016, 10:38 AM
Intermediate Multi
Mike, Could you tell me what this is?
Nov 11, 2016, 10:44 AM
Intermediate Multi
Never mind. Looks like a Miles 2M right? There's something about the drooping nose that makes it sexy.
Nov 11, 2016, 10:55 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Yes,
it's a Miles 2M electric.

Mike
Nov 13, 2016, 06:23 PM
Intermediate Multi
Thanks Mike.