Nov 18, 2021, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
Greetings Steeve
I have printed your tilt assembly which I am hoping to use on a similar project. I now see that a metal bushing/bearing is required to the main shaft .Can you please advise me what you used.
Happy Landings
Chris...
Hello britinoz,

I use Flanged ball bearing MF148ZZ 8x14x04
https://www.amazon.com/MF148ZZ-Flang.../dp/B015RP7KX2
Best regards
Steevie
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2021, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexgeo
Look me here again;
Steevie, please, is it possible for you to share this image, or the most updated version, in pdf format?
I only use corel draw, I tried using the .step file but I got nothing.
With the views from above, from the side and from the front I can make the plans to print and cut in depron.
Hello Dexgeo,

See if the attached file can help you.
Best regards,

Steevie
Nov 18, 2021, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steevie
Hello Dexgeo,

Best regards,

Steevie
very happy here,
Just like big kid with new gift.
Thank you for sharing.

Nov 18, 2021, 08:05 PM
Thanks
Ordered
Chris...
Nov 26, 2021, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Hello Dexgeo,

Best regards,

Steevie
Hello Steevie,I also built a dualcopter osprey, all the P1 to P2 transitions worked without problems, but it had no Autolevel, no attitude holding . I consulted your previous configurations, but nothing worked
Could you please share your current -configurations? Thank you very much
It seems that the gyro was broken.I bought a new KK2.1.5 board to try again.
Nov 26, 2021, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yansihua1096
Hello Steevie,I also built a dualcopter osprey, all the P1 to P2 transitions worked without problems, but it had no Autolevel, no attitude holding . I consulted your previous configurations, but nothing worked
Could you please share your current -configurations? Thank you very much
It seems that the gyro was broken.I bought a new KK2.1.5 board to try again.
Hello Yansihua1096,
Congratulations on your dualcopter Osprey!
If you took as a model my configurations for the V4, it is normal that you do not have the autolevel function. I never activated it. I compensate for the level with the piloting (with a little experience and practice it goes quite well).
However, I have been planning to add this feature on my Nemo for a long time but never took the time to do so. I intend to add it on the V5 version which will be an excellent test model.
I put in pdf file the parameters of my last backup of my Nemo 4S. There shouldn't be a big difference from the version of my article.

Nemo V5 comes to the end of its assembly. I have completed the wiring and it should be fresh in the air soon. Certainly when the weather is better ... They predict rain and snow for the end of the week.

Steevie
Nov 27, 2021, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Hello Yansihua1096,
Congratulations on your dualcopter Osprey!
If you took as a model my configurations for the V4, it is normal that you do not have the autolevel function. I never activated it. I compensate for the level with the piloting (with a little experience and practice it goes quite well).
However, I have been planning to add this feature on my Nemo for a long time but never took the time to do so. I intend to add it on the V5 version which will be an excellent test model.
I put in pdf file the parameters of my last backup of my Nemo 4S. There shouldn't be a big difference from the version of my article.

Nemo V5 comes to the end of its assembly. I have completed the wiring and it should be fresh in the air soon. Certainly when the weather is better ... They predict rain and snow for the end of the week.

Steevie
Hello Steevie
Thank you very much for your selfless dedication. I am glad that I also fly it sucessful today, but unfortunately it crashed because of the lack of power supply of BEC. Attached is my video. thanks a lot!
V-22 Osprey crashed (0 min 30 sec)
Nov 27, 2021, 01:27 PM
Tried 'Search'???
Thread OP
Hey Yansihua,

looked really good to me, yours 'sits' exactly like mine does in the air with a tiny bit of tail down which I actually think looks good and you transition was great.

Wasn't clear from the video but did you transition in 3 phases (hover, intermediate and forward flight)?? Looked so smooth as if you went straight from hover to Forward Flight??

Well done,

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Nov 27, 2021, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Hello Steevie
Thank you very much for your selfless dedication. I am glad that I also fly it sucessful today, but unfortunately it crashed because of the lack of power supply of BEC. Attached is my video. thanks a lot!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNir-JnUYlo
Hello yansihua,
As Paul said, the result is very close to success. The BEC failure occurred when you were in FFF mode and with a little elevator up. Watching the video I have the impression that it is not too serious. How did you feed your model? Did you use the ESC BECs? Output 1 to power the card and output 2 to power the servos?
Good luck for the future.
Steevie
Dec 04, 2021, 10:31 AM
Hi Stevie,
I printed using PLA the gears for the engine.
Each set had 31 grams.
¿this weight was within the parameters?
Thank you for your attention.
Dec 05, 2021, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexgeo
Hi Stevie,
I printed using PLA the gears for the engine.
Each set had 31 grams.
¿this weight was within the parameters?
Thank you for your attention.
Hello Dexgeo,

I did not document the weight of my tilt mechanism for the 4S version, but your weight looks fine to me.

Steevie
Dec 06, 2021, 12:34 AM
hi, dear steevie
mmexport1638460799778 (0 min 31 sec)

VID 20211203 091341 (0 min 25 sec)

this is my second vtol, and I set the p2 = 0000000000 ,just like steevie ,and it crashed badly when changed to p2 , maybe the problem is the CG in airplane? OH
Last edited by yansihua1096; Dec 06, 2021 at 12:41 AM.
Dec 06, 2021, 12:40 AM
VID 20211205 145023 (0 min 54 sec)

mmexport1638767452656 (0 min 27 sec)

This the 'third vtol', haha , I set the p in p2 mode to 100 .to 60, to 30 .to 15 . to 8, orderlay reduced and the pitch was still rocking. I dont know how to set the i ,the i rate ,and the i limit,and so on . any hlep will be very appreciated, please ignore my poor english
Dec 06, 2021, 03:02 PM
Quote:
hi, dear steevie
https://youtu.be/_-AOKUUCmlM
https://youtu.be/uNW0g6qU1lg
this is my second vtol, and I set the p2 = 0000000000 ,just like steevie ,and it crashed badly when changed to p2 , maybe the problem is the CG in airplane? OH
Hello Yansihua1096,

It's really sad for your models. You have already achieved very good results for hovering. It only remains to find the problem of your horizontal flight. So courage.
I will try to give you my impressions using the videos. If you post pictures of your models it would certainly be possible to better understand the causes of your crashes.

1) If the carbon rods on which you have fixed your motors are at 30% of your profile, your centering is good.
2) We can see on your videos that the elevator oscillates uncontrollably. I think the depth flutter is the cause of your crashes. For the depth you have a design resembling that of Tom Stanton on the V3 of his VTOL.
If the rudder has fluttered, I advise you to check the following points:

a) Is the tub which constitutes the rear part of your fuselage not too flexible?

b) Is your elevator control rigid enough? Control rod, rudder bar and servos need to be checked.

c) Is the surface of the elevator properly dimensioned? It is not necessarily necessary to have a lot of moving surface to achieve good pitch control.

d) Do you have an active gyro in P1 mode? (FFF)

I hope I have brought some clues to find the cause of your problems.

Greetings, Steevie
Dec 07, 2021, 04:19 PM
Hello everyone,

Here is some news. I took the time to put some color on my new Nemo.
The weight, ready to fly is 1440gr. I'm really happy to have managed to get such a light result. However, the center of gravity is slightly rear. and it is obtained with the battery all the way forward ... I would have liked to have a little more headroom to be able to adjust it.

I took advantage of the good weather today to carry out my first tests. The weather forecast for the weekend is snow and the opportunities to fly will become increasingly rare. So I made my first hover flights with some success. After checking the consistency of the controls and checking that everything was in order, I did a few laps in intermediate flight. So far everything has gone well. I encountered a nose-up effect while hovering that needed to be corrected regularly, but nothing too bad.

After a passage in intermediate flight, when everything was going well, I decided to pick up some speed and test the horizontal flight. Nemo quickly accelerated and took a downward trajectory, I compensated for the depth in a significant way. I was less than a meter from the ground and made an awkward action by decreasing my depth compensation. The landing gear hit and Nemo crashed.

I am in the process of taking stock of the damage. The fuselage is destroyed, the wings seemingly have nothing. But I still have to watch them carefully.
The results remain really positive. Hover and intermediate flight does not seem to be a problem. The wing portion included in the tilt mechanism changes the wind grip but it seems acceptable. Using a new wing profile will require me to add a bit more positive trim to the stabilizer angle. I can't wait to get back on the flights. I will rebuild a fuselage quickly and keep you posted.
I will soon put the videos of my tests online.

Steevie

Quick Reply