Dromida 1/18 4WD Bashers - RCGroups Review - RC Groups

Dromida 1/18 4WD Bashers - RCGroups Review

Dromida just introduced a trip of 1/18th scale 4wd vehicles at price points that won't hurt the wallet. Let's take a close look at all three!

Product:Dromida 1/18 Scale RTR Trucks
Retail price:$99.99
Length:10.5" (266mm)
Width:7.8" (198mm)
Height:4.6" (117mm)
Weight:1.4lbs (632g) with battery
Motor:Brushed Torque 370
Battery used:1300mAH NiMH
Included radio system:2.4Ghz
Available from:Dromida

Dromida is back at it with the release of their 1/18 scale bashers. Each truck comes RTR with everything you need to get on the track fast. With a 20mph top speed, all weather electronics and durability, these little beast are sure to become a favorite of anyone wanting to get out and do some hard-core bashing on a budget.

With a choice of the Monster Truck, Stadium Truck or Buggy there is something for every basher's taste. Let's jump right in and get a closer look at these cool little trucks.

Whats in the Box?

Each version of the Dromida 1/18 Scale Truck comes with a Torque 370 motor, 35amp ESC, and full time 4X4 gearing. All three include 1300mAH NiMH battery, 2.4 Ghz Transmitter with batteries, charging adaptor with changeable plugs, and suspension adjustment clips.

The included 2.5 Ghz Transmitter comes with batteries, and is completely adjustable to any bashers comfort level. The details on the transmitter are done very nicely and include some fun details like brake pads and caliper. Binding each to the transmitter is a easy process and will only take a few seconds to complete.

This is a full size transmitter with full directional control of the trucks. It has a comfortable grip and is light weight for hours of bashing fun.

Included Accessories

Each truck ships with everything you will need to get going. All that's needed is to install the batteries to the transmitter and charge the 1300mAH pack and your off and running.

The only thing I can see that could be improved upon is the connector for the Nimh pack thats included. A JST or EC5 connector would make it so that your typical multi-chemistry charger would work great. The 2hr charge time on the charge adaptor that ships with the trucks is quite a long time to wait for all this fun. I feel that most of us, Mean Joe included, will swap out the connectors so that the packs can be more easily and faster charged up at the track.

Whats under the hood?

Each truck comes with a very well built and sturdy chassis. They were all able to stand up to all of the bashing with no issues at all. The shocks are adjustable with some included clips, so that you can get the ride you prefer with just a little wrenching.

Dromdia has plenty of replacement parts available for any bashing that gets out of hand, so if something does happen to meet its demise, you will be able to get er fixed up in no time at all. For cars sitting at this price point its great to know that if it breaks once your not out of the game. With toy grade trucks they are usually one and done. These hobby grade trucks are totally repairable!

Photo Shoot

These trucks look so good I couldn't resist getting some studio shots before I got em dirty. Enjoy!

Time to Bash!

Ok all enough small talk lets get these bad boys out to the track and see how they do!

I headed out to Walter R/C Park in Saranac Michigan to get my "Bash" on! Walter R/C is a great place for all things R/C and has a great dirt track, rock crawler track and dirt oval for all your racing needs. It also has a R/C runway and FPV course for all you fly boys. For more info on Walter R/C Park check out there site HERE!

Once at the park it was game on! All three truck preformed fantastically! They have plenty of power and man are they quick for cars this size. We were getting in the 20mph range for speed, very nice!

All three handled the jumps surprisingly well. We were able to get plenty of air, and had a blast driving these little beast! The only issue we ran into was, because of their small scale, they disappeared behind the barriers on the back stretch. Once we figured out to use the elevated driver platform this issue fixed it self believe it or not.

Review Video

Dromida 1/18 4WD Bashers - RCGroups Review (3 min 42 sec)

Monster Truck

Stadium Truck

In Closing

In closing I'll say that these little 1/18 scale offerings from Dromida are great fun! They are durable and have plenty of power and speed to keep all level of bashers happy for hours. They perform at a level that that is much much higher then the typical "toy-grade" cars at this price point. With there high quality parts and awesome performance I see these becoming a go to little beast for all driver skill levels. Now get out and get to BASHING! ~Mean Joe

Shout outs

Special shout outs out to Dave and Jeff Walter for letting Mean Joe come out to the park and drive. Also shout out to my buddy Scott for doing the driving. You guys are rock stars!

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 08, 2016 at 01:52 PM..
Nov 08, 2016, 03:16 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Nice job Joe!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Nov 08, 2016, 03:31 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Nice to see throttle dual rate on the radio. Makes them much more beginner/young ones friendly. I wish more manufacturers would take note.
Nov 09, 2016, 02:23 PM
I'm new to rc cars coming from planes and multirotors....could i use a lipo with this truck if I could find one that fit?? Also reference the battery connector, I could just cut off that connector and solder on my own jst correct??
Nov 11, 2016, 10:48 AM
you can use lipo and there are several cheap 1600 and 1750 options that fit the chassis, but the 2in1 esc does not have a built in lipo cut off, and in my experience the old motors would get scary hot after burning an entire pack, these new ones are supposed to have a slightly higher turn motor and run a little cooler from what I have heard, but all of my experience is based off of the first gen version of these. my build log and discussion thread for these is over at URC. If your thinking about getting into these its worth a read. http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216296
Nov 11, 2016, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by TimmyGT
I'm new to rc cars coming from planes and multirotors....could i use a lipo with this truck if I could find one that fit?? Also reference the battery connector, I could just cut off that connector and solder on my own jst correct??
Not sure if the ESC is lipo compatible. If it is you will burn out motors quicker on lipo than other kinds of batteries...

Also you might want to use something other than JST. They are small. Ec3, XT60, Deans, etc would be better.
Latest blog entry: Live chat room
Nov 18, 2016, 04:37 AM
I bought the sc4.18BL some time ago. The only difference between the brush and brushless is the electrical bits. I run a 2s 1300mah lipo on it and I thrashed this thing around jumping and crashing into cement blocks, even letting my friend pitbull chase it around in the yard (he got it a few times). Took many tries to break something and the front plastic shocks finally snapped (from landing head first into pavement from a 5 feet jump), changed all shocks to aluminium and changed all the drivetrain components to aluminium also. bashed it some more with cartwheels, front flips by braking hard, and literally bashing into other rc cars. Havent broken anything else yet, the plastic steering linkage looks like it might be next to be broken though.
Nov 19, 2016, 06:15 PM
4 packs through it so far - the run time is only around 6-7 minutes but I have a heavy finger on the throttle. Bashing in a few different spots and so far nothing broken. Pretty solid little truck for the money.

Dromida 1/18 Monster Truck | Drive and Bash (2 min 29 sec)
Nov 24, 2016, 01:56 PM
How do these compare with the wltoys a959 a969 a979 b version?
What are better Quality?
Dec 01, 2016, 03:06 PM
Just bought the short course truck.not bad for 99 dollars
Dec 06, 2016, 03:08 PM
Moths do not fly inverted
Santa is bringing my 9 year old and myself a DT and DB. My son has been having a ball with my old 1984 RC10 that I restored with BL power and the other day he asked if I could get a buggy so that we could race so I figured these would be a good economical way to go. I received his DT yesterday (BTW, I ordered from Amazon on Saturday evening and it was here Monday morning before 0800....how the heck do they do that?). With that said I had to have a look and would you believe the steering servo output shaft was broken out of the box . I have ordered a couple of cheap metal gear servos to replace them along with a couple 2S 2200mah lipos that look like they will fit. Speaking of 2S I have heard different reports on motor longevity with 2S.....Do any of you guys have any experience running 2S? We do 99% of our running on tarmac or packed dirt and will not run on grass and bog the things down. At lunch today I also took the shocks apart and refilled them with 30wt oil and it made a big difference. I am looking forward to doing some bashing with the little man.....

Dec 06, 2016, 03:13 PM
the brushed motors will still get hot on 2s on smooth surfaces, and with the increase in battery capacity, you will burn up the motors sooner than later. The newer 370 black torque motor with the higher turn count is supposed to help with temps, but i have only ever run the oringal 370 motors and burned up a few of those. If you gear them down and just run the Nimh packs it should last a while though.
Dec 23, 2016, 08:34 AM
Moths do not fly inverted
I am looking forward to Christmas morning and getting to play with these with the little man. Before they were wrapped I installed metal gear steering servos and cleaned up the steering system a bit which helped with the sticksion that the steering had, I may have taken mine for a quick spin after the install and it made a heck of a difference. Also in the quest for longer motor life I used the old water break in method to combat heat from the brushes as well as installed heat sinks....hopefully that will help a bit. I also found some old 1100mah A123 cells that I made into packs for them....thinking they will give a wee boost in performance but not kill the motors as fast as LiPo packs will.

Jan 22, 2017, 11:01 AM
Anyone knows what are the details of the pinion gear these cars use ?

I am trying to find a compatible pinion to gear down my Remo truck.

Jan 24, 2017, 09:05 AM
0.6 mod gears in the dromida, 2mm shaft.

Quick Reply