This thread is privately moderated by mnowell129, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 14, 2017, 03:20 PM
David Eddy (Dave from CT)
Problem solved, thanks for jumping in Mickey.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2017, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fv38wheels
Ok I'll go look on the university page. I'm using a PC with the 8 operating system. Taranis is 2.1.6 and companion is 2.0 ?
I'm all new to the Taranis and installing extremewing's program. I've been flying Spektrum but losing 2 planes to radio problems is 2 too many.
Version of companion needs to match the fw version on your radio. Find the latest 2.1.x version of companion
Feb 15, 2017, 12:44 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
If you are on the fence, this might be the nudge you need.
Inventory reduction $157
http://www.gravesrc.com/frsky-tarani...eid=4e75b4ddad
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Feb 15, 2017, 02:09 PM
Wow, that's the best price I've ever seen...
Feb 15, 2017, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
If you are on the fence, this might be the nudge you need.
Inventory reduction $157
http://www.gravesrc.com/frsky-tarani...eid=4e75b4ddad
I indeed was on the fence. Had to pull the trigger. Great price. .....they make some of it back in shipping -- $18 to Seattle-- still, better than anything I've seen. With all the help on here, should be able to overcome the difficult learning curve to program my Snipe and NXT. Also means that Ali at FlightComp got some business cuz I wanted an X4R rx.....Graves didn't have but the D4R-II. Now if I can "transfer" all my settings from my Spektrum DX9....that would be magic, huh? Alas, I'll have to use the TLAR method. I may make the change-over to my secondary bird and see how that goes, hmmmmm. Decisions, decisions.
Feb 16, 2017, 11:03 AM
Great deal! You are going to like the taranis for DLG!
I run Adrian's AD.dlg.4.1 program simply load the program eepe and follow the set up instuctions . Just search ad.dlg.4.1 on rc groups.
I also use the justfly apps.
Feb 16, 2017, 04:31 PM
Thanks, Jackspt,

Another set of decisions-- what about I-shems templates for Taranis? It costs money but does it offer anything more than Adrian's work? I'll have to look into it.
Feb 16, 2017, 05:33 PM
Certifiable User
Hi Jim,

Adrian's template works really well. Also one of the club members has made a new one too. If you need a hand setting up the radio, I would be happy to help out.

Lee
Feb 17, 2017, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the offer, Lee. When I get back from my trip overseas, I might take you up on that. I hope I'm back before our first contest.

Jim
Feb 17, 2017, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B75Driver
Thanks, Jackspt,

Another set of decisions-- what about I-shems templates for Taranis? It costs money but does it offer anything more than Adrian's work? I'll have to look into it.
I like Adrian's program as it is simple to load and works great !

Ishems just fly apps are nice too , my only complaint is the way they are sold piece meal you have to buy several apps and install them with license keys etc. too many add ons in my opinion , too confusing to install for me . I like simple.

The Ishems f3k training app is very popular. I had issues loading the apps but Ishems can actually load you apps for you if you send him your SDcard copy! He helped me out!
I think a video on how to install and use the just fly app would be a nice addition especially for new users like me.
Good luck , jack
Feb 17, 2017, 11:26 AM
Hi Jack,
So you have both?'s I thought it was an either/or situation. But it sounds like you have Adrian's and then added the JustFly training script, is that true? In short, are they compatible?
Feb 17, 2017, 01:48 PM
Yes I use Adrian's epee (template)to set up all my dlg sailplanes.

I then added the just fly apps like f3k trainer-you don't have to use the just fly apps all the time they are stored on your Sd card and you activate / launch the app with a button press when you wish to use it.

I recommend getting the Ad.dlg.4.1 eepe loaded and set the ship up and fly it with that - then if you with to add training apps like f3k trainer do so later on.
Feb 18, 2017, 11:36 AM
Thanks, Jack, this is good to know. Really impressed with the the open tx idea.

Jim
Feb 18, 2017, 01:13 PM
No really, it doesn't have one
Here's a free F3K training script, by Jesper Frickmann.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-score-keeping
Feb 18, 2017, 04:32 PM
Just finished setting up my new X7 with help of the eepe in this thread, thanks mnowell129! I was struggling on my own so couldn't have done it without looking at your set up.

I have left the throttle self centering, my flaps work from center stick down, i'm left handed so as soon as i let my tx go to grab the peg the flaps are off.

I like how nice and light the radio is with a 2s 1300 lipo in it, and the grips on the back kinda remind me what the JR XG8/14 might be like (although less extreme) my fingers really lock into the rubber grips. Just gotta get used to the sticks as they are way to soft for me, my DX9 sticks are cranked right up.

I'm a huge Spektrum fan so it's difficult to move over to try this radio out, i still have my DX9 in a plane and have no thought's of moving away from it, but put this X7 into my Blaster 3.5 to try it out.

Quick Reply