Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by mnowell129, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 25, 2017, 05:26 PM
BGO
BGO
Registered User
At this time I am using a Futaba T12FG Tx and considering a Tanaris Pro. I fly F3K and want to use a vario and receiver from Frsky. All on 1S.

My question is:

Is there a receiver available which can be used for both Futaba and the Tanaris ?

This one for example?

The FrSky TFR6-A - 7 Channel FASST Compatible Receiver.

Thanks for your help!

Brian


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2017, 06:26 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGO
At this time I am using a Futaba T12FG Tx and considering a Tanaris Pro. I fly F3K and want to use a vario and receiver from Frsky. All on 1S.

My question is:

Is there a receiver available which can be used for both Futaba and the Tanaris ?

This one for example?

The FrSky TFR6-A - 7 Channel FASST Compatible Receiver.

Thanks for your help!

Brian


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
No, the receivers are one or the other. You might find a module to go in the taranis that will work with futaba receivers.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Jan 25, 2017, 11:14 PM
Registered User
Frsky does sell a receiver that is both Futabia and Frsky compatible. The Delta. http://www.frsky-rc.com/product/category.php?cate_id=33

I am not sure it does telemetry or any of the Frsky brand compatible Futabia receivers, for that matter. It is also a little heavy for DLG.
Jan 26, 2017, 12:13 AM
Fly crash order parts repeate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
Swap switches. They have plugs, so easy to do.
Hi guys
Just been looking at some of the modding switches for the taranis

Haven't pulled the back off to but

Can you just swap the switches ?? (Is the wires long enough ) or do you have to change the wiring and reconfigure the switch setup ??

Cheers watho
Jan 26, 2017, 07:28 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watho 46
Hi guys
Just been looking at some of the modding switches for the taranis

Haven't pulled the back off to but

Can you just swap the switches ?? (Is the wires long enough ) or do you have to change the wiring and reconfigure the switch setup ??

Cheers watho
Yes. There is a connector right on the switches. Easy to swap.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Jan 26, 2017, 07:33 AM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzkpez
Frsky does sell a receiver that is both Futabia and Frsky compatible. The Delta. http://www.frsky-rc.com/product/category.php?cate_id=33

I am not sure it does telemetry or any of the Frsky brand compatible Futabia receivers, for that matter. It is also a little heavy for DLG.
Thanks
Did not know that. Does look a little big for dlg.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Jan 29, 2017, 07:37 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
Thanks
Did not know that. Does look a little big for dlg.
It's largish, and no Telemetry. FrSky does not do any FASSTest receivers, only non-Telemetry FASST.

I'd suggest picking up a cheap X4R instead (both the X4R and the more DLG-friendly D4R-II support the FrSky High-Precision Vario, but the X4R comes with the correct cabling for the Vario, you need to build a harness that will work with the D4R-II) along with the new and inexpensive Taranis QX7.

Note the X4R is not compatible with the DFT module for Futaba's (which only supports up to the D series receivers), but that module won't get you what you want as you need an XJT with a Smart Port display to get vario tones from a module-based setup.
Jan 29, 2017, 11:40 PM
Fly crash order parts repeate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
Yes. There is a connector right on the switches. Easy to swap.
Thanks Mnowell
Feb 13, 2017, 08:35 PM
Registered User
I'm unable to download from the transmitter to companion. I do the three finger dance, plug in the USB, everything beeps like it is hiked up but when I try to download it says the radio is not connected.
Feb 13, 2017, 10:08 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fv38wheels
I'm unable to download from the transmitter to companion. I do the three finger dance, plug in the USB, everything beeps like it is hiked up but when I try to download it says the radio is not connected.
Need to know. What os. Version of software etc. These problems are pretty well sorted out it you look at opentx university.
Post all the details.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Feb 14, 2017, 02:23 PM
Registered User
Ok I'll go look on the university page. I'm using a PC with the 8 operating system. Taranis is 2.1.6 and companion is 2.0 ?
I'm all new to the Taranis and installing extremewing's program. I've been flying Spektrum but losing 2 planes to radio problems is 2 too many.
Feb 14, 2017, 02:28 PM
David Eddy (Dave from CT)

Audible call outs not all working


Hello All:
I am using a Frsky 4r-II rx with a Taranis Plus tx, and am used to having the telemetry telling me all kinds of good things about battery voltage and radio signal while I fly.

I have voice notification working when I switch from launch to zoom and thru flight phases (speed/cruise/thermal) but when I set up special functions for giving me an RSSI or rx battery indication with switch assignments to trigger the audio, there is no audio output. Only silence. Not what I want!

I have functional telemetry btw the plane and tx, as my rx battery voltage does display on the tx screen. However, I do not get a 'telemetry lost' or 'telemetry recovered' audio when the rx is powered off and on.

I have no problem like this with my Taranis in CT which is not a Plus. Wondering where my problem might lie. Any thoughts?

Dave in CT (in FL at the moment)
Feb 14, 2017, 02:40 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle2311
Hello All:
I am using a Frsky 4r-II rx with a Taranis Plus tx, and am used to having the telemetry telling me all kinds of good things about battery voltage and radio signal while I fly.

I have voice notification working when I switch from launch to zoom and thru flight phases (speed/cruise/thermal) but when I set up special functions for giving me an RSSI or rx battery indication with switch assignments to trigger the audio, there is no audio output. Only silence. Not what I want!

I have functional telemetry btw the plane and tx, as my rx battery voltage does display on the tx screen. However, I do not get a 'telemetry lost' or 'telemetry recovered' audio when the rx is powered off and on.

I have no problem like this with my Taranis in CT which is not a Plus. Wondering where my problem might lie. Any thoughts?

Dave in CT (in FL at the moment)
Need to know the software version.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Feb 14, 2017, 02:46 PM
David Eddy (Dave from CT)
Version 2.0.19 I believe.
Feb 14, 2017, 02:53 PM
David Eddy (Dave from CT)
I think my sounds files were only partially loaded into my tx. Will try working on that angle.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools