This thread is privately moderated by mnowell129, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 27, 2019, 02:08 PM
i'm getting back into dlgs and was going to get a taranis but i had a question. Is the x9d + SE the transmitter to get now? i saw how they added the momentary switch to the top left of the tx.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2019, 10:05 AM
FIN-5414
That momentary switch is a joke, is positioned so that only Eddie Van Halen can reach it.

Get X-Lite Pro. Nice and handy, download and install SoarOTX from Jesper and you have all you Need.

>m
Nov 23, 2019, 07:57 PM
Just another user...
Finally got around to installing a proper momentary switch for the X-Lite (original) to replace the ghetto-style launch switch arrangement I was using.

The momentary Switch C was very short like the non-momentary one it replaced. I lengthened the switch stalk by using a short length of heat shrink and a short length of a coffee stirrer tube.
Nov 24, 2019, 10:20 AM
Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
Yep, during my last try at Frsky stuff I suffered badly with the antennas breaking on both the G and R series rxs and I also went through 2 G-RX6 where they just died unexpectedly.

My mate who flies fpv fixed wing has also suffered the same fate, having his RX6R started to work intermittent and then just pack up. He also had antennas break as I gave him some spares I had.

Txs were fine, the quality of the rxs I found pretty poor.
On my DLGs, I loop the antennae back toward the receiver and put some blenderm tape around it to keep the antennas stationary as they come out of the Rx. Never had a problem even moving the Receivers in and out of the DLG like that. I imagine if you let the antenna flop around right as it comes out of the Rx, over time, it could get stressed because a lot of the FrSky recievers don't have any stress relief on the antenna. A lot of the FrSky receivers have a minimal housing around them to make them as smaller I presume (and save money likely). That works well for sailplanes where you need them to be very small. I have always just added some kind of stress relief to the antennas. Other brand receivers tend to protect the antenna with a plastic housing so the the antenna doesn't flex where it connects to the board. I can see an argument for both designs depending on what you are trying to use it on and how exposed the antenna will be to movement of the antenna as it exits the receiver.
Nov 27, 2019, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingrrcg
Finally got around to installing a proper momentary switch for the X-Lite (original) to replace the ghetto-style launch switch arrangement I was using.

The momentary Switch C was very short like the non-momentary one it replaced. I lengthened the switch stalk by using a short length of heat shrink and a short length of a coffee stirrer tube.
Is the picture of your old set up?
Nov 27, 2019, 10:50 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackspt28
Is the picture of your old set up?
Yes, that was the old setup with the elastic band.

It was pointless putting a picture of the X-Lite with the switch replaced because it would look like any other X-Lite.

Quick Reply