This thread is privately moderated by mnowell129, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 14, 2016, 08:35 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
Mickey,
Can you explain how you change the default 2:00 time in the timer to other values you have in the program. It looks like it's tied to S1 in the Logic but I can't see to get it to change.
Also if you don't want the timer on what do we do.

Nice program and excellent write up.

Terry
Thanks Terry.
Here is the explanation.
First I/we install the 6 position rotary switch in the S1 position. After calibration the switch outputs (roughly) the following values :
100,60,20,-20,-60, and -100. I say roughly because the values might be one or two off, like -59 for example.
I set up some logical switches L2 through L17 that go true whenever the S1 is in that position. The a~x function means when S1 is approximately equal that value AND when the spring loaded switch is released.
Now on to the special functions page. I use these logical switches to set timer 1. So when you release the spring loaded switch timer 1 is set to the value selected by L2 to L17. I set the values associated with switch positions to 1, 2, 3, 3:20, 4, and 5 minutes (minus 1 second each). I have memorized how many clicks on the pot is how many minutes so I can reset the time for the next flight while flying the current flight. The timer works pretty well for 5x2, any 3 minute flights, last two 4's, last 5 in 7 etc. I use it in 1234 and big ladder by setting the time to 4 and using another switch to announce the up time.
Note that the up timer (timer2) gets set to zero on launch switch release and counts up, timer 1 gets set to the target time and counts down.
If you don't have the 6pos switch in yet or don't want this go into the special functions page and uncheck the on boxes for the ones that set the timer.
NOTE : the epee uploaded earlier had a leftover mistake in the the timer setting functions were incorrectly ANDed with L25 instead of L11. This upload fixes that.

Another note: I will be converting to the jody program soon and will do some cleanup. I will upload when I get that done.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2016, 07:38 AM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
Thanks Mickey for the explanation. I think I have one of those switches.

Terry
Nov 18, 2016, 01:39 PM
Can I use my Spektrum dsmx receivers with Taranis?

Edwin
Nov 18, 2016, 02:18 PM
Adam
If you use a module like the DM9. The DM9 doesn't support model match though. There are also hack modules that work with model match you can make that use the components from a DX4 or DX5 (or a few other) transmitters.
Nov 18, 2016, 02:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEdh
Can I use my Spektrum dsmx receivers with Taranis?

Edwin
With a module. Check the radio forum. You can get a Spektrum DSM2 module, some third parties sell DSMX modules. I made one from these instructions:
http://johnprikkel.blogspot.com/2014/07/jr-dsmx.html
Nov 19, 2016, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
With a module. Check the radio forum. You can get a Spektrum DSM2 module, some third parties sell DSMX modules. I made one from these instructions:
http://johnprikkel.blogspot.com/2014/07/jr-dsmx.html
Thanks, more complicated than I thought though

Edwin
Nov 19, 2016, 11:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks, more complicated than I thought though

Edwin
Easiest thing to do is get taranis and start migrating. The D4R-II receivers are only $22, the X4R only $26, so refitting airplanes is not painful.
Just sell off the spektrum Rx's as you go.
Nov 19, 2016, 01:24 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I got mine and plan on putting one plane on it to start with and see how I like it, probably my Flitz. How important is the 6 position switch and where do you get those?
Nov 19, 2016, 02:13 PM
The switch in the link below is great for running a countdown timer. You can have 6 different times programmed in the radio, then select the one you want with the rotary switch.

You could re-program the countdown timer prior to each task and achieve the same thing, but the switch makes it easy.

https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-6-pos...ap-switch.html
Nov 19, 2016, 08:59 PM
Time for me to Fly...
So the switch is just for the countdown timer... I'll do that later. Thanks for the info.
Nov 20, 2016, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Easiest thing to do is get taranis and start migrating. The D4R-II receivers are only $22, the X4R only $26, so refitting airplanes is not painful.
Just sell off the spektrum Rx's as you go.
Good idea!

What type of Taranis should I look for? I use it for f3k...
Nov 20, 2016, 12:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Good idea!

There is only one. Just depends on whether you get a case or rx.
Taranis Plus
Nov 23, 2016, 10:49 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Good idea!

Go for the X9D+, the tray-style X9E is probably too awkward for DLG.
Nov 23, 2016, 10:49 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
There is only one. Just depends on whether you get a case or rx.
Taranis Plus
Actually, there are two. The handheld X9D+ and the tray X9E
Nov 24, 2016, 07:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Actually, there are two. The handheld X9D+ and the tray X9E
Thanks!
Yes, you are correct of course. I guess I just assumed that the tray version doesn't work for dlg.

Quick Reply