This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 06, 2016, 11:08 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

More gimbal timelapses

Aquatic pier run timelapse 20:1 (4 min 31 sec)

A 3rd attempt to make this one look good. Software stabilization was horrible for most of it. Raw footage only looked stable when accelerated 20:1, but not 10:1 because the gimbal has an oscillating movement. So made the salient feature a software stabilized 5:1 segment with the rest at 20:1.

Then there was the new & improved bridge timelapse with no software stabilization:

Bay bridge bike path (6 min 27 sec)

Comparing with the 1st bay bridge timelapse which didn't use software stabilization

Bay bridge run (6 min 13 sec)

it's quite clear the Feiyu is doing much better than the 1st gimbal & the 1st gimbal was good enough to not use software stabilization. Both had the same oscillation.

Dogpatch run timelapse (6 min 25 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply