Quanum Trifecta - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 06, 2016, 03:10 PM
Build Log

Quanum Trifecta

Hi folks

i worke on a smal solution to build out of a trifecta a mini mapping drone.

i use the new Pixracer and the frsky xsr reciver

the motors are babybeast multistar.

tailservo sav÷x sh0263MG

afro opto esc 12A

200mw fpV with cemos camera tvl 600

3S lipo

second camera will be a gopro for easy mapping (not best for this but worable)

but some problems coverd my way i need help with the PID understanding in general
also the working with the new arducopter software is no easy.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2017, 02:31 PM
Love the modeled top rack! Do you share the files for it?
Mar 19, 2017, 07:58 AM
Awesome build, did you tried autotuning?
Aug 12, 2017, 12:02 AM

Any lucky?

Hi Zaam,

any lucky with PID ? I bought a pixracer too and wish to use with trifecta but I couldn't find any clue about pids.

regards
Oct 09, 2017, 02:40 PM
Hi, anyone has lucky with trifecta + pix racer pid?
I couldn't takeoff - the trifecta spins and crash
Oct 09, 2017, 10:35 PM
Speaking of the Trifecta. frame's on sale at hk for 4.99. I grabbed 2.
Oct 10, 2017, 09:04 PM
HZ Super Cub
I bought a Trifecta quite a while ago in the hopes I could take it with me when I travelled for work because it folded up. I've never really ever gotten it to fly right.
Oct 11, 2017, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauwulf
I bought a Trifecta quite a while ago in the hopes I could take it with me when I travelled for work because it folded up. I've never really ever gotten it to fly right.
Ditto. Bought one off a user on here. Tail assembly has a lot of slop, arms don't lock that tight. It was cheap enough that I don't feel bad junking it and using the electronics elsewhere.
Oct 11, 2017, 09:59 AM
I have a trifecta setup with SPF3 board and triflight. I documented the build process on my blog here on RCGroup in case you need some help. Main thread link HERE
Oct 11, 2017, 04:57 PM
I'm gonna be using betaflight and the XSRf4O

but I'll be checking out that thread.

I'm aiming for low weight ...although I am gonna be rocking a 1300mah 3s graphene ...which tend to be a bit heavier than similar mah nano-tech batteries.

Wont have the frame though for a number of days since it's on a boat right now.
Oct 11, 2017, 07:22 PM
My trifecta was really flying pretty well with Cleanflight,
but with pixracer I cannot takeoff.
Oct 14, 2017, 04:46 AM
Spent today wiring up my power distribution board and esc's etc. Basically everything to the point of connecting the flight controller.

Seems like my fc's dimensions dont match up to any mounting holes. So i'm gonna have to get creative on mounting it.

Everything else is coming along nicely though. Construction is tight. Tail motor swivels nicely. I wish the thing would mount on some of my better actually 9g metal gear servos but it seems specifically designed for the 9018mg head vs the others i have.
Last edited by cellsafemode; Oct 15, 2017 at 08:47 PM.