Nov 05, 2016, 06:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

So now I've got a rubber stripper....

Due to the prices, I had no intention to purchase a rubber stripper....
However....when such a device turned up on an auction, I couldn't resist tossing in a bid.....and surprisngly I "won" it, and to a real bargain price at that....

First, I have to say it works great, and I already like it...
But, what stripper is it....?.....after some research, I found it very similar to the Polish "Ciapala" stripper, but this one is all metal.... (see photo below).
I was told (suggested), this is an early version of the "Ciapala"......maybe someone out here can confirm this, or bring some light.....?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2016, 06:42 PM
I eat glue
They are a piece of complete junk.......................I think you should send it to me for disposal.
Nov 05, 2016, 06:45 PM
Thread OP
:-)
Nov 05, 2016, 07:05 PM
I eat glue
I take it yer not sending it to me huh?
Dang.
Nov 05, 2016, 07:21 PM
I do not know much about the history of Rubber Strippers......but I own one, and love it.
Yours appears to be built quite beefy, with all surfaces nicely machined. All that solid construction and shiney machining adds up to precision.... You will come to appreciate as you try to find that elusive perfect motor/prop combo.
I think many of these quality Strippers started out as a model builder that was also a talented machinist just made his own, then bringing it to contests for usage, other flyers urged him to make them one, ...small production runs made more efficient use of expensive materials.... I could be wrong but betting yours was the builders personal unit, no expense spared... Enjoy!
Nov 05, 2016, 07:59 PM
Go to post #10 in this Hippocket thread, and compare your stripper to the photo.
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...sg9236#msg9236

There are other tidbits of info. If possible and reasonable, I would get a spare set of blades.

Norm
Nov 06, 2016, 07:14 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Norm..!
I spot a striking similarity to the "Polish" stripper (photo below).

Quoting a post from "the other" forum:
>> The Polish strippers first appeared in the 1970's, offered by 1974 F1D World Champ Ryzsard Czechkowski and were supposedly smuggled out of Poland before the wall came down. I think about 20 came to England and I still have one of them - it's identical to those sold today by Edward Ciapala but has aluminium side-plates. >>

It seems like my stripper may be the abovementioned "early" Ciapala stripper...
Nov 06, 2016, 11:41 AM
F1B is ok.
My Rubber Stripper is from Ryszard Czechowski poland. The stripper was delivered in a soap box. I think your stripper is also by Ryszard Czechowski. There is only a small difference in my stripper is the rubber intake from metal.

Sorry the pictures are upside down.

Heinz
Nov 06, 2016, 01:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
The stripper was delivered in a soap box.
Heinz,
I think we've nailed it...!

My stripper is doubtless made by Ryszard Czechowski .
It even came packed in a soap box..... (photo below)

Thanks...!
Nov 06, 2016, 01:29 PM
F1B is ok.
This was the "trademark" of the Czechowski stripper.

Heinz
Nov 08, 2016, 02:13 AM
Now that the mystery is solved. Lets talk about the stripper!
After using it and loving it, would you say it's worth the high price we unlucky guys would have to pay for one?

DM
Nov 09, 2016, 06:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
would you say it's worth the high price we unlucky guys would have to pay for one?
Nope (IMHO).....if you're not a very active or competing rubber flier, I would say it's not...
That's why I'd never considered buying one......until this one tumbled into my life for $ 17.00
....couldn't resist...
Nov 09, 2016, 12:53 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
Great buy! Being able to fine tune your rubber motors is a great ability to have. I use to have one of his cutters. Sometimes I found that cutting the rubber wet helped it go through the cutter better on this style cutter if the rubber slips too much.

Don
Nov 14, 2016, 11:02 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
stripper shows up on a soap box... stripper falls out of a soap box... there's got to be a joke in that somewhere
Nov 30, 2016, 07:26 AM
Yup it's the polish stripper. I've got one with a plastic body. I added a scale to mine. You can just download and print the PDF if you want to do the same: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1824587

Quick Reply