AOSENMA CG035 Brushless Double GPS 5.8G FPV With 1080P HD Gimbal Camera Follow Me Mod - Page 84 - RC Groups
Jul 17, 2017, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7hawk
Motors also don't rotate smoothly after a hard impact due to the circlip being knocked off, and sometimes getting stuck in the magnet.

Either way, the solution to a dirty motor is to remove the circlip underneath, pull the magnets from the coils, and clean out the motor. A very easy task... Some cleaning spray and some light oil for the bearing probably wouldn't go astray either.

Often, this can be done without needing to desolder the motor - so it's worth attempting to clean them out first. Brushless motors are very simple and outrunners are quite easy to clean.

David.
Hi David,
Thanks for your advice. I just thought replacement was needed.
Anyway, I will do the maintenace for replaced two motors hoping to be a back-up stock.
Thanks again for your support.

Aiolosimport
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2017, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot
Which gimbal did you use?

Just an update. Aiolosimport's videos have a great picture. I'm disappointed with my Micro Runcam so I bought the camera that Aiolosimport uses. It was the least expensive and I knew it will have good picture and it does. I had a 6min flight today to see the quality. I had the gyro option in the camera set to on and just like Aiolosimport reported it didn't make a difference. I still get the jitters only now it in HD. LOL
i use this but with storm32 board:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us

I use also the firefly Q6. Excelent light 4K camera and the gyro on board is very reliable, i can confirm.
My only problem is the flight time with stock 3200mAh battery . Just a poor 8min30
Jul 17, 2017, 04:31 PM
Quote:
No worries. I have two 89LP2052 chips on order, so I'll make a version to run on that chip, which should be possible to get programmed via a normal programmer, so I'll build and test a .HEX for it and publish one here for others to make, as well as a basic circuit diagram. At least then others can use the code I've written to break out the additional controls from the receiver to send to a gimbal controller.

The Storm32 seems to work with both PWM and PPM as preferred signals, so that's fine. Might be worth checking if the inputs are 5v tolerant too, since the translator mostly runs at 5v if it comes off the single cable to the receiver. Otherwise you'll need to tap into a 3.3v supply to run the board. Storm32 doesn't work with iBUS.

that's a great news David. You rock
IMO , the most simple association is cg035+ an almost light brushless gimbal and a micro BGC board+ 808 keychain in 720P or Mobius in 1080p or firefly Q6 in 4K.
With storm32 i can "almost" drive the pitch with stock PPM signal (and bypass the FC signal) , using "relative" and not "absolute" in the storm32 option, but it's just ON or OFF.

What i mean is, with the pwm signal from the pin 2, the storm32 ignore the FC signal but use the TX one but at 0 (straight away view) or 90 (looking the ground). But nothing between.

That's why i need a "clean" signal from the TX to completly bypass, the FC signal.
So i waiting for your future tutorial to make my own chip to do that
Jul 17, 2017, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot
Made another flight yesterday. This time I had the gimbal mounter directly to the quad with no rubber bumpers. After the mentioning of the potential problem with them being too soft I checked them while the quad was in my hand and me holding it at the GPS antenna. Little shaking caused the whole gimbal-camera thing to swing back and forth. They are just too soft for the heavy camera-gimbal combination and add to it the longer arm and you have a recipe for shaking.

There was less jitters but not very much.
Hi TigerPilot,

I realized vibration caused by hand and actual flying is quite different.
It seems hand held situation gives more vibration.
You may see attached YouTube, end of the video, jitter was enlarged when CG035 was hand caught.
Im using rather hard rubber mount but still there is this difference.

While charging the battery last night I installed two diodes (yes, I do it in series not parallel) in each + line of each servo. Figured 'what do I have to lose?'. Flew this morning, searching for my lost quad, and there was noticeably less jittes. While there still some, it's much better. Didn't find the quad, though!
UNQUOTE

Glad to hear of improvement. I understand you could get approx. 1v drop from 5.2v with series 2 diodes (small line is facing to servo).

At the end of the search I tried switching SWB from pos#2 to pos#1 and...the quad just fell from the sky! Why I don't know. No damage to the quad but the screen on the camera broke and now I can't make adjustment to the camera. I'll have to see if the camera can make OSD.
UNQOTE

When Manual mode (SWB 2 to 1) is selected, altitude hold function was disengaged and current throttle position is not sufficient to hold the altitude.
So, be prepare to give more throttle when goes to manual mode.
4min 18 of attached YouTube shows switching GPS (#2) to Manual (#1). I did not give more throttle when moved to #1 because intention is to steep descent. 4min 30sec, back to GPS mode. You can see very quick descent with manual mode.

Aiolosimport
CG035 Gimbal servo with 3 74V (6 min 35 sec)
Jul 17, 2017, 05:32 PM
Maybe the lightest brushless gimbal on the market, ONLY 18g/motor
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-ligh...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Jul 17, 2017, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damdamdeo
that's a great news David. You rock
IMO , the most simple association is cg035+ an almost light brushless gimbal and a micro BGC board+ 808 keychain in 720P or Mobius in 1080p or firefly Q6 in 4K.
With storm32 i can "almost" drive the pitch with stock PPM signal (and bypass the FC signal) , using "relative" and not "absolute" in the storm32 option, but it's just ON or OFF.

What i mean is, with the pwm signal from the pin 2, the storm32 ignore the FC signal but use the TX one but at 0 (straight away view) or 90 (looking the ground). But nothing between.

That's why i need a "clean" signal from the TX to completly bypass, the FC signal.
So i waiting for your future tutorial to make my own chip to do that
OK, I'll publish a 89LS2052 version of the code next week sometime then ( as soon as the chip arrives and I can test it ) as well as a circuit diagram. It may be a bit fiddly, but at least it's cheap. What part of the world are you in BTW? Do you have a local electronic shop that can program up a chip for you from the .hex?

What does the whole storm setup weigh fully assembled? ( gimbals, motors and controller? )

David

p.s. Current PPM signal is 10 channels, and gimbal adjust is on channels 8 and 9. It would be worth checking this is OK for the Storm. It's not a problem, I can reduce channels and shift them around, and even if you find it doesn't work, I can always send a new .hex with an update, but if I know what you're needing from the outset it will save any reprogramming of the chip.

Alternately, I could send a .HEX for some programmer software and you could hand-wire up a programmer also if that helps. Same chip, just different .HEX and some new pinouts, but it does allow the chip to the reprogrammed in-circuit in a few seconds, which would be useful in case you need the software modified - I can change things like range also, and compress or expand the range of the signal.

This offer, btw, is for all the guys participating in this discussion thread, of course.

David.
Last edited by cj7hawk; Jul 17, 2017 at 07:44 PM.
Jul 17, 2017, 07:46 PM
Altimeter...

I really need an altimeter.

I wonder if I can break the signal out of the handset and install a small digital display that tells me how far away the quad is, and how high it is.
Jul 17, 2017, 11:09 PM
GOT WINGS
Not sure if any of you would be interested, but I just started a review thread on another GPS equipped quad, the Cheerson CX-23 here: I just posted my unfinished review about ten minutes ago here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Quadcopter-RTF . It is smaller than the CG035 and might be hard to put a gimbal on it, but my first impressions of it are good. And it has a lot of On Screen display info. Altitude, distance, speed, battery voltages, number of satellites, and even latitude and longitude. Plus it comes with an FPV camera and monitor.
Jul 18, 2017, 03:47 AM
**** Need help UNBRICKING my CG035 Main Board ****

OK, I've figured out how to bypass the VAST software and thought I'd probably succeed, but it looks like different versions of main board probably have some changes and the VAST software does some funky stuff to make one update fit lots of board revisions - though probably not all which is how I got into this mess.

So what I need.

1) Some one with a CG035 Version 1.1 board to take a copy of the firmware, and send me the 256K byte file it spits out.

Whoever does this will need;
a) Basic skills modifying stuff.
b) To wire up a serial port ( 3 wires ) to their CG035.
c) To run the manufacturer software for accessing the bootloader.
d) To make a backup of the bootloader and send it to me.

I am willing to make a cable for whoever volunteers - this means all you need is a Windows 10 machine so you can plug it in, and access the CG035 by unplugging the receiver, and plugging in my custom cable.

What do you get out of it?

Other than a warm fuzzy feeling, you can make your own backup of your firmware so that if anything happens, you can recover... IDEAL thing to do before updating firmware.

Though if you're skilled at plugging stuff in, you may not need me to send you a special cable, since it's just a TTL uart serial port adapter. Basic stuff.

You can have ANY working revision of mainboard- but it must be working - The version of firmware I tried keeps saying it can't read the magic device and then dies.

So... If anyone can help a brother out -

This is relatively safe, so long as you don't do anything wrong, like try to reprogram your chip, or accidentally hit erase or something. If you do that, well, it's not the end of the earth, but we'll need to find a third person to donate a firmware image that's from the chip.

I've already tried a firmware from another version, but they don't seem compatible at all.

Oh, and if anyone has bricked the new version - the one with the receiver with all the ports broken out - then I have a copy of the firmware and details on how to fix it.

Regards
David.
Jul 18, 2017, 03:50 AM

Version 1.1 and newer version of main board.

These are the two boards BTW.

The older v1.1 board has the baro sensor ( the foam ) next to the gyro ( the board attached by a white ribbon cable )

The newer board has the baro sensor at the other end of the main PCB from the gyro.

See pics.
Jul 18, 2017, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Altimeter...

I really need an altimeter.

I wonder if I can break the signal out of the handset and install a small digital display that tells me how far away the quad is, and how high it is.
hi David,
How are you in Austalia ? i' from Paris, france by the way.

you can use a micro osd using data from gps TX wire:

https://www.banggood.com/MICRO-Minim...SAAEgKAAvD_BwE

https://www.facebook.com/alex.press....4075630040204/
Jul 18, 2017, 04:34 AM
Quote:

p.s. Current PPM signal is 10 channels, and gimbal adjust is on channels 8 and 9. It would be worth checking this is OK for the Storm. It's not a problem, I can reduce channels and shift them around, and even if you find it doesn't work, I can always send a new .hex with an update, but if I know what you're needing from the outset it will save any reprogramming of the chip.

Alternately, I could send a .HEX for some programmer software and you could hand-wire up a programmer also if that helps. Same chip, just different .HEX and some new pinouts, but it does allow the chip to the reprogrammed in-circuit in a few seconds, which would be useful in case you need the software modified - I can change things like range also, and compress or expand the range of the signal.

This offer, btw, is for all the guys participating in this discussion thread, of course.

David.
i was wondering if you 're working on the same thing as this?

https://www.banggood.com/Remote-Cont...BoC2aQQAvD_BwE

maybe your chip is cheaper
Jul 18, 2017, 04:53 AM
Quote:
i was wondering if you 're working on the same thing as this?

https://www.banggood.com/Remote-Cont...BoC2aQQAvD_BwE

maybe your chip is cheaper
Before today I didn't realize some CG035's already had servo ports available on the receiver - Mine has none. I think it's the newer ones that do. Or maybe they are the older ones.

Anyway, yes, that would be a cheaper way and quicker for anyone who has the newer receiver.

For the receiver without PWM breakouts though? I think my board would probably be the only solution.

David.
Jul 18, 2017, 04:55 AM
Quote:
hi David,
How are you in Austalia ? i' from Paris, france by the way.

you can use a micro osd using data from gps TX wire:

https://www.banggood.com/MICRO-Minim...SAAEgKAAvD_BwE

https://www.facebook.com/alex.press....4075630040204/
France... I nearly made it to france last year.. Almost but not quite.

Anyway, a good idea. I didn't know the Minim OSD could take the data from the CG035 unmodified.

I like the idea - but I want to use data from both GPS, to provide location relative to the pilot -

Regards
David
Jul 18, 2017, 06:54 AM
Quote:
**** Need help UNBRICKING my CG035 Main Board ****

OK, I've figured out how to bypass the VAST software and thought I'd probably succeed, but it looks like different versions of main board probably have some changes and the VAST software does some funky stuff to make one update fit lots of board revisions - though probably not all which is how I got into this mess.

So what I need.

1) Some one with a CG035 Version 1.1 board to take a copy of the firmware, and send me the 256K byte file it spits out.

Whoever does this will need;
a) Basic skills modifying stuff.
b) To wire up a serial port ( 3 wires ) to their CG035.
c) To run the manufacturer software for accessing the bootloader.
d) To make a backup of the bootloader and send it to me.

I am willing to make a cable for whoever volunteers - this means all you need is a Windows 10 machine so you can plug it in, and access the CG035 by unplugging the receiver, and plugging in my custom cable.

What do you get out of it?

Other than a warm fuzzy feeling, you can make your own backup of your firmware so that if anything happens, you can recover... IDEAL thing to do before updating firmware.

Though if you're skilled at plugging stuff in, you may not need me to send you a special cable, since it's just a TTL uart serial port adapter. Basic stuff.

You can have ANY working revision of mainboard- but it must be working - The version of firmware I tried keeps saying it can't read the magic device and then dies.

So... If anyone can help a brother out -

This is relatively safe, so long as you don't do anything wrong, like try to reprogram your chip, or accidentally hit erase or something. If you do that, well, it's not the end of the earth, but we'll need to find a third person to donate a firmware image that's from the chip.

I've already tried a firmware from another version, but they don't seem compatible at all.

Oh, and if anyone has bricked the new version - the one with the receiver with all the ports broken out - then I have a copy of the firmware and details on how to fix it.

Regards
David.
Hi David,
Not a good news. As I said earlier, I'm completely out of computer programing and sorry I can not help this time.
I'm still using Window 7 and my GPS CG035 is attached photos (Red circit board is GPS version) which seems different from your photos.

Aiolosimport