Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 19, 2017, 12:04 PM

activate the photos and video by my radio control

Hello again ,
Good my return video is now ok, by cons against my problem is that I can not activate the photos and video by my radio control !!
Would you have a picture of the location of this plug on the transmitter please? (Attached photo of take 1)
thank you in advance for your help
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2017, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefrelongazz
Hello again ,
Good my return video is now ok, by cons against my problem is that I can not activate the photos and video by my radio control !!
Would you have a picture of the location of this plug on the transmitter please? (Attached photo of take 1)
thank you in advance for your help
Hi
The socket of 2codes for number 1.
Hope your happy flying!
Apr 19, 2017, 09:17 PM
I got my climb away drone back today. One arm broken, cam housing damaged. SD card still inserted. Could not resist, plugged in a fresh battery, and amazingly all LEDs lit up. Then dared to start motors, and all four motors spun up and ran perfectly.
Then checked the dented cam. Push button was in off. So switched it to on and red LED was lit. Screen showed the cam picture. So, everything was fine with cam and wifi TX, though housing got a little change of shape. But switch in off? Does it mean, it was also in off during climb away record flight? It was, no movie from that flight on sd card. Obviously forgot to switch it on before flight. What a shame.
Turned then to the battery, which was plugged in for 4 days, of course getting a total deep discharge. But just for my curiosity I connected it to my Lipo charger, of course low voltage buzzer sounded. But we never give up, tried it some more times, each time indicated voltage increased, and finally the charging continued until full charge. Would be the first time I recovered a deep discharge lipo. But as a precaution I put it into a metal box, and the metal box into the bathtub. Never trust a lipo battery coming from a crashed A/C.

Ok, some pictures attached. Hope to fly the drone again next week.
Apr 20, 2017, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmar
Well, its looks as I am not even going to attempt to fix the first one. Second one the camera works on it. Major jello of course even with rubber bands all over it to try to help it from vibrating..
Without having extra ESC's, I find myself afraid to even take the damn thing out and fly it which is sad.
I ended up robbing the first drone for parts so now the second one has All Green LED's showing.
Just too many engineering design problems with these.

Been shopping and using the Failsafe as part of the searching. Might be time for me to just put these on the shelf as a lesson on what not to do.
Not impressed at all, could you tell.
Helmar

Hi Helmar and all. Be careful with wiring when working on these. I fried my 2nd CG after replacing the Deans connector with a quality $6 one. First did it on my 1st CG since that is my garbage one that I had all the ESC problems with. Went smoothly, red wire to + terminal and black to -. Also replaced the fried Deans on the battery from the "fall out of sky" incident when i found the battery welded into the CG. That was a fun day. So all went well with the Deans replacement on my 1st CG. Next day replaced the Deans in the fall out of the sky CG. Didn't pay attention when removing the wires unfortunately. The clever Chinese tricked me by making black wire + and red - so when I connected the new deans with red as + and black as - and then plugged in battery, got a nice smoke show which fried all 4 ESC as well as the main board. Nice. So one was wired with red as positive as it should be and the other with black as positive. So they have set booby traps in these. So down to original garbage CG. Replaced both ESC and motors on right side ( front and back) all motors idle but can' t take off. Right side has not enough lift and yes the props are on correctly. So guess I'm done now. Looks like Helmar and I got the bad ones between the 2 of us we have 4 crappy CG035s. Good luck to all. I'm looking at getting a phantom 3 standard now. It's less expensive than what I paid for my 2 cgs, spare batteries, ESCs and motors.
Apr 20, 2017, 06:09 PM
GOT WINGS
Don't feel too bad MMX, I have a lot of experience and just managed to fry a receiver a couple days ago due to not paying close enough attention to what I was doing. I plugged in a power supply reverse polarity to the receiver and let out the magic smoke. Sorry for your bad luck with the CG035s, good luck with your new adventures.
Apr 21, 2017, 01:08 AM
Thanks Siriusflyer. My son now actually wants to stick with more sport flyer than camera platform so I'm now considering the Traxxas Aton and Hubsan H501S pro edition. Do you have any experience with either of these? Any reccomendations? Thanks.
Apr 21, 2017, 08:48 AM
GOT WINGS
I don't have any experience with either of those, but my experience with Hubsan quads has not been good.
One of my favorites right now is the MJX Bugs 3. It is very stable and well controlled, plus fast - I have seen a video that clocked it at over 40 mph. Only drawback to it is it will not fly in acro. But for the price, it is a very nice intermediate flyer. Right now, I fly the Bugs more than anything I have. Yesterday I timed a flight at 18 minutes, and I was not taking it easy.
Apr 21, 2017, 09:38 AM
Thanks. We have a bugs 3 also and I agree it is a great quad, especially for around $100. We both love that thing and put a small fpv camera on it that we use with the screen from the CG (at least I got something that works still from our 2 CGs I purchased). Also have the XK252 which is nice as well. I think you have that too if i remember correctly. I was leaning towards the Traxxas Aton and think I will be ordering it soon. U.S. company and quality must be pretty good since they seem to have been in RC for ages. Their website and products (mostly cars trucks and boats) is very impressive. After seeing some of their rc trucks in action on utube it made me contemplate getting one but that would be a whole other investment i'm sure and i don' t have the finances to support another hobby like that! Take care and happy flying!
Apr 23, 2017, 06:22 AM

Successful 30 flights after replacing ESCs

It is 30th flights today after replacing ESCs which had caused improper idling.
So far no issue on start up idling and other functions, Point of Interest, Follow Me, Return Home.
I will check how many more flights can be done without problem/failer.

For hand made gimbal, optimization of rubber tension is made to reduce jerro/shaking (still need fine tuning).

CG035 modified gimbal setting (4 min 29 sec)

Areal video is as follow;

CG035 30th flight after ESCs replaced (4 min 30 sec)

CG035 (0 min 56 sec)
Apr 23, 2017, 10:21 AM

What is the manufactures cost to the vender, you get what you pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX2003
Hi Helmar and all. Be careful with wiring when working on these. I fried my 2nd CG after replacing the Deans connector with a quality $6 one. First did it on my 1st CG since that is my garbage one that I had all the ESC problems with. Went smoothly, red wire to + terminal and black to -. Also replaced the fried Deans on the battery from the "fall out of sky" incident when i found the battery welded into the CG. That was a fun day. So all went well with the Deans replacement on my 1st CG. Next day replaced the Deans in the fall out of the sky CG. Didn't pay attention when removing the wires unfortunately. The clever Chinese tricked me by making black wire + and red - so when I connected the new deans with red as + and black as - and then plugged in battery, got a nice smoke show which fried all 4 ESC as well as the main board. Nice. So one was wired with red as positive as it should be and the other with black as positive. So they have set booby traps in these. So down to original garbage CG. Replaced both ESC and motors on right side ( front and back) all motors idle but can' t take off. Right side has not enough lift and yes the props are on correctly. So guess I'm done now. Looks like Helmar and I got the bad ones between the 2 of us we have 4 crappy CG035s. Good luck to all. I'm looking at getting a phantom 3 standard now. It's less expensive than what I paid for my 2 cgs, spare batteries, ESCs and motors.
Here is a sad one too. So, I both which I think are repairable, IF, I could ever get the ESC's for them. One motor shaking so just thinking one quad is parts. Its the first one and the one the camera gimbel would not work on the TX.
I was able to Bind the other TX to the first quad and the gimbel servos Do work, so something hinky in the first TX .
When I ordered the first one, I ordered a second battery.
The second quad came and the battery was plugged in and melted the housing a little.
I told banggood about that and the one ESC not spinning up so they are supposed to be sending me a ESC, Battery and Deans connector for it.
Last I checked, I think it might be on its way.
But, I was able to save that battery that the housing got melted. Put it in the bag and had it out on the welding table in the shop and charged it there. It came back, So, have Three batteries for the one working quad that has all the green lights on it, And, another battery coming...

I started out with IBM and doing component level repair and have a good Weller soldering station SO, if I pay attention, I can still do that job pretty well. Just now starting to get the shakes (will be 70 years old this Sept) just a little. I can still get in and out fast with the tip, plus old habit, I tend to sink up pretty much anything. I still have my service case with several different clip on sinks for several sizes of IC's.

I keep seeing more and more people buying these things things hoping to get a good one so the sales are still up, the manufacture does know they have a issue with no failsafe on the ESC's, so who knows, they might keep cranking these out with a upgrade.
Recall, not on your life

Oh, forgot. I did find the outfit that Banggood got my first one from. Remember I got it from a vendor on Amazon, paid the extra in case of a issue (I had been reading this forum). He got it from Banggood, who drop shipped it direct to me. It was full of paperwork.
This is were I seen it came from SZ chuangteng C/O:Largebees. 101 Alps Avenue #01-01, Singapore, 498793. Attn: Ciong Jin, TEL : +86 13392886827.
Then it says, INVOICE. Order number, blab blab but then it got down to Item description.
It says, 1 Quadcopter, Unit Value US$70.19, Total Value $70.19
This was one of the slips that Customs forgot to take out of the packing slip stuff.
I will let you decide what all of this is for yourself but to me, its showing me the US dollar value of the quad with the gimbel camera setup FPV, the complete system.
In short, you get what you pay for in a sense.

If we could only work around those stupid ESC's, I would be happy....Too bad we could not find some other ESC motor controls to mode this rig and I think it would be a pretty special unit.
Once one knows what to do with it once you have it, take it down check all the soldering, check the screws it iS fun to fly.

I would suggest to just throw away the camera and get a better one to do the FPV. Then again, you could just get the one with the Gopro mount and use Wifi to control the camera, I see those available.

Enjoy
Helmar
Apr 23, 2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I don't have any experience with either of those, but my experience with Hubsan quads has not been good.
One of my favorites right now is the MJX Bugs 3. It is very stable and well controlled, plus fast - I have seen a video that clocked it at over 40 mph. Only drawback to it is it will not fly in acro. But for the price, it is a very nice intermediate flyer. Right now, I fly the Bugs more than anything I have. Yesterday I timed a flight at 18 minutes, and I was not taking it easy.
Well, since you tipped your hand and said you had maybe 70 quads, you would be the one to go too.
I also see Many of these quad people getting free quads to put in a good review on youtube, most good but some of the boys will flat come out and tell you about issues. Like the CG035. One fellow, his first review, nothing worked worth a darn, then the second one he did, he was all excited about how well everything worked. Makes me wonder. Also being around computers from almost the start of them, I know to shut things down and reboot them.
Seems that is the issue with the CG035 TX too.

I got this little Hubsan H107C+ (it IS the Plus too which is just a tad bigger) and I have beat the crap out of it and its Still making videos and on its third set of props. I even dumped it into a puddle and ended up taking the hair dryer to it. I crashed it so hard it broke the memory ship, put a new one in, back to flying and taking pictures.
I would say me being a Noob, that has the Altitude hold is a feature that everyone needs to start out with.

I am still having issues with my JJRC Eilfie with the latency is has using wifi. I seen a youtube clip and one of the older fellows with Tons of youtube videos doing reviews said, Don't even try this in a lite breeze and make move it right to the 60% control. I did that and Did get some flight time but mine seems to keep loosing the connection between the Two cell phones I tested it with. It too has altitude hold which I find I won't purchase Anything without that while learning.

I have been kind of looking for something I and just junk out the body and Add all the features that this CG035 came with. I am spoiled because of this unit.
I want it all :-)
Helmar
Apr 23, 2017, 11:55 AM
GOT WINGS
"I got this little Hubsan H107C+ (it IS the Plus too which is just a tad bigger) and I have beat the crap out of it and its Still making videos and on its third set of props."

I bought a Hubsan H107C a few years ago. Had to reroute the wires inside the battery bay before inserting battery the first time, the battery would have pinched or broken the wires. Third flight a motor went out. Replaced that motor, about 10th flight another motor went out. Replaced that motor, but hardly ever flew it again because it took more time working on it than I could fly it. And it didn't fly as well as quads I had that cost half as much.

I also got a Hubsan H107C+ in December of 2015. It looks good and was put together better, but it also came with some problems.
The motors do not shut down if props are obstructed. I was trying to test the range once, it got about 150 feet away and went down. When I was approaching it, without my touching the transmitter sticks, it jumped up and started to fly away, and I had no control except I was able to shut down the motors. If it crashed the props would continue to try to spin for minutes even if they were obstructed. It also has very easily damaged props. I did not have good experiences with Hubsan products and would never buy another one. My experience with them was almost as bad as Helmar's experience with the CG035, but Helmar likes his Hubsan.
Just proves that there is really no such thing as quality control with these cheap RC toys and anyone can get a bad product at any time.
Apr 23, 2017, 12:09 PM
@Helmar: you do realise that sellers will provide a lower 'value' on their shipment, so you won't get (much) charged when it comes to VAT and/or importtaxes?
Apr 23, 2017, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
@Helmar: you do realise that sellers will provide a lower 'value' on their shipment, so you won't get (much) charged when it comes to VAT and/or importtaxes?
Yes and still cover there butts to a degree :-)
Apr 25, 2017, 10:38 PM
Did anyone try to calibrate stock ESCs using old school servo tester? Mine came yesterday and I have as many others jerky throttle and what not. Did not try to fly it yet because it sounds weird, rear or front motor stoping with elevator stick input. Idle is ok and smooth and as soon as I touch left stick motors are Runing but making this screching sound. Would the suspect be all esc or cheap remote pots inside?
Here is the short video of issue.

Aosenma cg035 (2 min 25 sec)
Last edited by darmar; Apr 26, 2017 at 12:56 PM.