Dec 05, 2016, 12:58 PM
GOT WINGS
What does the software do?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2016, 02:36 PM
Update firmware, edit pitch, roll, yaw, altitude, and GPS settings, set landing Volts, max height, max distance, return height, calibrate the remote, receiver type, check status functions and make more adjustments but the last set are not in english
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
What does the software do?
Dec 05, 2016, 04:59 PM
GOT WINGS
Is part of it in English, and how can one get this software?
Dec 05, 2016, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Is part of it in English, and how can one get this software?
You can get it here
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...88570269252043

The picture shows my hardware and firmware versions. I have the older non FPV version, the one with the red prop cap. Please post yours for comparison
Dec 06, 2016, 09:03 AM
Here is the software with some grammar correction for English.
The program app is in the bin folder.
Dec 06, 2016, 09:32 AM
GOT WINGS
thanks
Dec 07, 2016, 05:04 PM
Can someone tell me the right settings for the gps in the software?
i bought this thing and it just flys away in gps mode i tried to send it back and they want me to ship it back and its more than what i paid for it. i have done all the calibrations and this thing is useless right now i would like to get every setting if possible on one that you guys have flown successfully if that makes sense
Dec 07, 2016, 08:07 PM
GOT WINGS
cdosier, sorry to hear that you are having problems with yours. I assume that you are waiting for the GPS to lock on before you try to fly it in GPS mode? The two left leds on the row of 4 leds must turn off for GPS lock. I have not explored any of the settings myself, maybe someone else has? Posts #64 and 65 have info on the software, thanks to Spectra 9 and Cj719, but I have not opened their attachments yet because my internet service is so undependable right now.
Dec 07, 2016, 08:20 PM
GOT WINGS
I went out for a flight with my CG035 late afternoon today and have a couple of reasons to be impressed with it. It was about 45'F with a little wind and very cloudy conditions plus lots of moisture in the air. I used the spare battery I recently got from Banggood that is rated at 3000mah but consistently takes 2700mah or more to recharge from 3.7 volts per cell. I got 16.5 minutes flight time with that battery on the first charge when it was warmer. Then I put some Dalprop 6040s on it and flight time was down to 15.5 minutes in 50' temps. Put the stock props back on last night and timed 17.0 minutes of flight time. Looks like the pitch of the Dalprops are very close to the same as the stock props and the weight is within 0.1 grams of being the same. I balanced all of the props before I used them and none of them took much adjustment. I may try some 6030 Gemfans next because speed is not what I am looking for, stability and long flights is what I want for this as a camera quad.

The Dalprops are not bad and I can't really tell from inspecting them what makes them less effecient. I got them because I wanted different colors for orientation. They are not expensive, you can find them here: http://www.banggood.com/2-Pairs-DALP...l?rmmds=search .

The other thing that impressed me was that I flew out past 400 feet, possibly as far as 800 feet, but I lost sight of the leds before 400 feet, and was having trouble with orientation and getting it headed back to me. I was about to lose sight of it completely, looked down at the transmitter to flick the switch to return home mode, looked back up and it was gone. Stood there about 30 seconds wondering if I should start walking out where I lost sight of it, then it came back into view headed my direction. Looked like it was going to come down right on my head, but it landed about 3 feet in front of me. I had tested the return home feature once before from a shorter distance and knew it worked, but this time I really needed it. First time I have had a quad with a return home feature that works that well.
Last edited by siriusflier; Dec 07, 2016 at 08:30 PM.
Dec 07, 2016, 09:16 PM
I flew today also and I strapped a sj clone action camera on and I still pulled 15+mins maybe 16mins . Flight behavior was the same. mild wind conditions. I did make sure adjusts to the settings through the software app not sure if that helped or not. I probably will restore stock settings and try same flight to see if its worst. My goal is 2 have Settings A. To get smooth video Settings B when I wanna fly around quickly. My next mod is to wire the TX from the stock camera to the SJ clone so I can still have FPV function
Dec 07, 2016, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdosier90
Can someone tell me the right settings for the gps in the software?
i bought this thing and it just flys away in gps mode i tried to send it back and they want me to ship it back and its more than what i paid for it. i have done all the calibrations and this thing is useless right now i would like to get every setting if possible on one that you guys have flown successfully if that makes sense
Here's my stock settings
Dec 08, 2016, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra9
Here's my stock settings
Do you not have gps? Mine has pid settings for the gps but im using the english program
Dec 08, 2016, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Do you not have gps? Mine has pid settings for the gps but im using the english program
Yes I have the GPS version
Dec 08, 2016, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra9
Yes I have the GPS version
Ok sorry i see it now i guess mine is just bad or something do you know of any other firmware i can upgrade or downgrade to?
Dec 08, 2016, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Ok sorry i see it now i guess mine is just bad or something do you know of any other firmware i can upgrade or downgrade to?
Not that I'm aware of, sorry. What's wrong with yours? Are your values different from mine?