Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 20, 2017, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Helmar's Avatar

Binding the Gyro


Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX2003 View Post
Also, if all 4 lights are on, on the transmitter, I don't think it is binding with the quad. If it binds, the right 2 lights should go off as soon as you power up the quad. Do you know how to re-bind ? Is it possible you got the two transmitters mixed up so that may be why they are not binding to the quads?
I think you are right, its not binding as those lights are not going out or off.
I took this drone and a permanent marker and put a black dot on the underbelly of the drone, on the back of the transmitter, on the FPV screen and the egg camera so, no, not mixed up.

I Did notice a difference in the books as even though both of these have the Egg cams on them, the books are different.

Her is what I am doing.
Turn on the transmitter.
Turn on the drone
Flip SWB from 1 to 2 four times. The back led's were supposed to go solid green, they do not.
I turn the quad clockwise on a level surface 6 times.
Nothing changes.
One thing in a previous post, I have this by the sliding back door as its raining like hell outside. Could it be it just can't find the satellites ?

How do you bind yours ?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2017, 05:45 PM
Registered User
Ok, Just looked at mine. Turn transmitter on. All 4 lights come on and middle red LED on solid. Plug battery into cg035. Almost instananeously,the 3rd and 4th light on the right should go off. #3 is the range light. If it's on you are out of range so transmitter doesn't see the quad. Light 4 is the quad battery. Since the transmitter doesn't see the quad, light 4 is on also. Try rebinding.
Mar 20, 2017, 05:49 PM
Registered User
Give me a minute. You need to bind the transmitter to the quad. Nothing to do with sattelites. I'll reply with some info shortly
Mar 20, 2017, 05:59 PM
Registered User
Helmar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX2003 View Post
Give me a minute. You need to bind the transmitter to the quad. Nothing to do with sattelites. I'll reply with some info shortly
Whatever is going on here, its doing the Same thing on both drones. Nither one will bind or start the motors...

Now I am wondering if I should just put them both back the way they were, Swap the ESC and motors back to where they were.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:00 PM
Registered User
Ok, I've never had to try this because mine have never lost bind, but I believe the process is:
1. Transmitter and quad both powered down.
2. Push and hold the right-hand button on the right shoulder (SWC 2).
3. Continue holding the button and turn on transmitter.
4. Still holding button, plug battery into quad.
5. Keep holding the button until the #3 light goes off. Success!
Let me know if it works
Mar 20, 2017, 06:22 PM
Registered User
Helmar's Avatar

Binding with latest model


Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX2003 View Post
Ok, I've never had to try this because mine have never lost bind, but I believe the process is:
1. Transmitter and quad both powered down.
2. Push and hold the right-hand button on the right shoulder (SWC 2).
3. Continue holding the button and turn on transmitter.
4. Still holding button, plug battery into quad.
5. Keep holding the button until the #3 light goes off. Success!
Let me know if it works
THAT WORKED !!!!
Both of them will now fire right up. !!!

This is NOT in either one of these manuals I have.. So, you must have the newest manual that matches up to mine.
Does your manual talk about the FPV ? Only one of these manuals I talks about the camera....
Let me punch Submit as good chance your waiting...
I am not done, more to come after this note.

I can't tell were you are located with your profile like it is but if you were close, I would have bought you a beer.
Mar 20, 2017, 06:32 PM
Registered User
Helmar's Avatar
Ok, That process to Bind works on mine.

So, what is with the flipping the SWB switch from 1 to 2 that four times, then turning the quad.
Is that just for the GPS is all and nothing to do with Binding ?

One manual says to Start the quad with that button, then the other manual says to pull both gimbles down and outward to get the motors to spin up.

By the way, I did that binding on both quads and the one that had the RF bad board or motor, now Both front motors will not idle on that one.

Looks as I need to order a few of those, two to fix this other one and one for backup.

This makes me a happy camper for sure. This was one of those days that you don't want to touch Anything as everything you touch goes to S*%t fast. Hell, I didn't even want to pet the dog today. Now I will go pet him :-)

Fooling with this CG quad has given me more time with that little Hubsan H107C Plus that has altitude hold and headless mode. Getting pretty good with that thing too.

Now, STOP RAINING, geeze...
Thanks MMX
Mar 20, 2017, 07:33 PM
GOT WINGS
siriusflier's Avatar
I just got around to catching up on this thread and when I was reading post # 615 by Helmar I started thinking that quad is not binding with the transmitter. Then a few posts later MMX2003 gives the binding sequence and it solves the problem. Great job MMX and it shows that there are good, helpful posters here that are worth communicating with. In the hour or two I was gone another member stepped in and solved the problem. Keep it going guys. Just stop the rain for Helmar, I want to see his CG035 work for him after all his troubles and hard work.
Mar 20, 2017, 08:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmar View Post
THAT WORKED !!!!
Both of them will now fire right up. !!!

This is NOT in either one of these manuals I have.. So, you must have the newest manual that matches up to mine.
Does your manual talk about the FPV ? Only one of these manuals I talks about the camera....
Let me punch Submit as good chance your waiting...
I am not done, more to come after this note.

I can't tell were you are located with your profile like it is but if you were close, I would have bought you a beer.
Great! In my "new" manual, it's top of page 8 heading "4. Fly your helicopter". It's written pretty bad but I'm used to deciphering broken english during my job.
Nothing in it about fpv other than how to install cradle and camera which i"m not using. Got a small tx02 fpv cam stuck in top of it and using the CG screen as the receiver. Works good for fpv and much lighter. I don' t use it for photography. Also not using the stock landing gear. It has a more sporty feel this way. I'm in the desert, Mesa Az.
Mar 20, 2017, 08:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmar View Post
Ok, That process to Bind works on mine.

So, what is with the flipping the SWB switch from 1 to 2 that four times, then turning the quad.
Is that just for the GPS is all and nothing to do with Binding ?

One manual says to Start the quad with that button, then the other manual says to pull both gimbles down and outward to get the motors to spin up.

By the way, I did that binding on both quads and the one that had the RF bad board or motor, now Both front motors will not idle on that one.

Looks as I need to order a few of those, two to fix this other one and one for backup.

This makes me a happy camper for sure. This was one of those days that you don't want to touch Anything as everything you touch goes to S*%t fast. Hell, I didn't even want to pet the dog today. Now I will go pet him :-)

Fooling with this CG quad has given me more time with that little Hubsan H107C Plus that has altitude hold and headless mode. Getting pretty good with that thing too.

Now, STOP RAINING, geeze...
Thanks MMX
The 4 flip switch deal is to calibrate the "geomagnetism" and gyro. Flip switch 4 times, spin quad 6 times. I think the quad finds the satellites on its own, like the controller does ( you don't spin the controller...). The button 3 press is auto take off. Make sure you r in GPS mode. I don't use that after a couple flip overs. Both sticks down and out or down and in starts mine. Both sticks down and to the right will stop the motors faster. So just to be clear, the ESC swap fixed the one correct? I'm positive it's not the motor, been down that path and still have 4 brand new spare motors. Problem now seems to be finding ESC cards.
Mar 20, 2017, 10:36 PM
Registered User
Dalork's Avatar
I thought I'd try my new charger running through the PC and see what info it gives and see if temps etc get reported.

May or may not be of interest. I flew until auto land and low battery dinging it's head off, battery was at 3.7v (well it was actually 3.67v on cell 1 and cell 2 was 3.66v). Approx 15% left in battery, put it on charger @ 3A, room temp is 29c. Took 1 hour (min over actually but that might have been how long it took me to grab screen capture) to reach 100%. Battery temp at start of charging cycle was 29celcius and fluctuated between 25c-29c during charging and finished at 27c.

Charger ramps down charging rate as it gets close to finish as report image below shows. So those that figure it's ok to charge at a high/faster rate may well be correct. There was no notable rise above room temp throughout the entire process so battery was staying cool. End charge obviously was 8.4v, temp 27c and it fed 2581mAh back into battery.

Back on current topic:

Looking forward to hear if folks get replies from AoSenMa and info on ESC's. I also just tried arming motors via both sticks down/inward and as reported this also starts mine up. I was doing down/outward prior which does same thing. All 4 motors still idling fine but on rare occasion 2 seem to ramp up past idle, but may be the sticks on controller as I noticed when calibrating via computer they didn't always sit @ zero unless you tweaked them gently by the slightest amount. But had never seen motors go above idle prior without me touching the Tx, not that it took off or anything but was certainly faster rotation. Almost enough for the quad to flip over.
Mar 21, 2017, 01:05 AM
Registered User
Definitely something flakey with the ESCs or maybe even firmware bugs. My 8 year old son and I went out after sunset. He flew his CG first. This is the good one, about 20 perfect flights on it, never had crashed or been roughed up, never had any motor idle or other issues. We calibrated the gyro, waited to get the satellites, he hit auto start button 3 times, 3 motors idled, rear right nothing. Luckily he knew enough to go bottom right with both sticks to quickly cut the motors (our other one has flipped a few times when it throttles up in auto takeoff and a motor didn't start). I took the controller and manually started the motors, same result. I throttled up a bit to see if right rear would go and it didn't so I shut down the motors quickly. Was thinking what to try. Was going to reboot both controller and quad but decided to try again with manual idle. Both sticks down and out again and all 4 motors idled, gave back to my son and he flew 18 minutes with no problem. He had it up about 200 ft, looked amazing. Just out of the blue, idle problem on rear right, I try manual idle twice without doing anything else and problem goes away on its own. We also flew Bugs3 and XK252, all of these look incredible at night
Mar 21, 2017, 09:56 AM
Registered User

Great job!


Quote:
Originally Posted by scoreshot View Post
Hello Pilots,
Finished my Egg Cam project that substitutes the Aosenma Video Transmitter for a Eachine VTX 03, and also eliminates the Roll Servo and Arm. The VTX 03 is very small and lite, about the size of a postage stamp. Output is adjustable to 25, 50,and 200mW. It gets hot very fast when set to 200mW. I have not yet completed the mounting, but outside in open air is advised. Have not flown with it yet as I am still waiting on an ESC and Motor. However, I am expecting long range reception to be something better than the factory set up. Video Recording and Photo functions can still be remotely controlled in flight as well as Camera Pitch and Giro function on the Pitch Axis. Took a couple of quick and dirty pics and videos to demonstrate. You may also note the Socket 2 Servo Plug pin arrangement, left to right, RED-BROWN-YELLOW. Interesting is that the new CGs I have seen are shipping with RED-BROWN-YELLOW on socket 2, (like mine) and YELLOW-RED-BROWN on socket 3. Different pin arrangements between servos 2 and 3. see pics. After all speculation regarding the Pin-out arrangement for the Servos and Sockets, RED-BROWN-YELLOW for servo plug 2 is the only pin arrangement that would allow remote control of the Camera Pitching, and Gyro functions for Socket 2, on MY system. Yours may be different. Also, I have not tested the Socket 3 pin arrangement shown in the picture, so I can not personally confirm it accuracy, but considering the problems with the Roll function on socket 3, the new pin arrangement on the servo plug may be an attempt to address the problem by Aosenma.

My apology for the poor quality pics and vids. I have lots of progress pics from start to completion, including the wiring for the VTX to the stock Egg cam, as well as the Molding Mod to the Pitch Arm so that it fits and mounts into the factory base exactly as the Roll arm does. I may do a full review and write up after I get some new flight time to asses FPV range with the VXT 03, if there is interest.


Thanks for lookin' and best regards to all,
Jim

P.S. I will be replacing the factory analog servo with the Emax 9251 Digital micro servo, which I am told will cut down on “noise” and hopefully be a bit faster at 0.08 Sec/60°at no load. See the link.
http://www.banggood.com/Emax-ES9251-...l?rmmds=search

http://vid491.photobucket.com/albums...20function.mp4

http://vid491.photobucket.com/albums...roll%20001.mp4
Great job, Scoreshot!
In your vid, the terrible egg cam seems had already tamed. And I'm sure it's very hard to attach VTX03 to a stock egg cam. Hope you'll be able to receive ESC and motors soon, so that your new-born CG035 be able to fly and get a good vids. Please remind to share the vids on this site...
Mar 21, 2017, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCB_kuri View Post
Great job, Scoreshot!
In your vid, the terrible egg cam seems had already tamed. And I'm sure it's very hard to attach VTX03 to a stock egg cam. Hope you'll be able to receive ESC and motors soon, so that your new-born CG035 be able to fly and get a good vids. Please remind to share the vids on this site...
Thanks very much RCCB, I should receive the Motor and ESC in about another week, (I hope). LOL Then we will see how far the FPV is effective with the VTX03. Maybe further than the control range of the stock CG035.
Again, thank you for your reply,
Happy Flying,
Mar 21, 2017, 11:05 AM
Registered User
Helmar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX2003 View Post
The 4 flip switch deal is to calibrate the "geomagnetism" and gyro. Flip switch 4 times, spin quad 6 times. I think the quad finds the satellites on its own, like the controller does ( you don't spin the controller...). The button 3 press is auto take off. Make sure you r in GPS mode. I don't use that after a couple flip overs. Both sticks down and out or down and in starts mine. Both sticks down and to the right will stop the motors faster. So just to be clear, the ESC swap fixed the one correct? I'm positive it's not the motor, been down that path and still have 4 brand new spare motors. Problem now seems to be finding ESC cards.
Thanks MMX, got it.

Just wondering though.......I scanned in my manuals starting at page 5 (I think) as both manuals were the same up to that point.
So, just wondering, your manual of course matches up to my drones firmware actions.
Any chance you could scan your manual and post it.
That way, everyone would have at least those three options to look at in case they get shipped the wrong one like I got.
Just wondering is all.

I think I will wait on the Flip stuff for now. My first goal is to get to were I can handle this, get her up over the property here and get some arial shots of the place. Then practice practice practice to the point I take it out of baby step mode.
Can't thank you enough for your help and really Everyones help here !!!
Helmar.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion AOSENMA CG035 5.8G FPV With 1080P FHD Camera GeekBuying Geekbuying.com 4 Feb 18, 2017 05:04 AM
Alert AOSENMA CG035 Brushless Double GPS 5.8G FPV With 1080P HD Gimbal Camera Follow Me Mod siriusflier Mini Multirotor Drones 3 Oct 29, 2016 10:04 AM
For Sale Hubsan X4 H501S 5.8G FPV With 1080P HD Camera Brushless Motor GPS RC Quadcopter RTF AH-56 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Oct 12, 2016 11:34 PM
Discussion AOSENMA CG035 with GPS Follow Me RC Quacopter GeekBuying Geekbuying.com 0 Sep 27, 2016 05:22 AM
New Product Hubsan H501S X4 5.8G FPV Brushless With 1080P HD Camera GPS RC Quadcopter Kenxiaofei Multirotor Drone Talk 0 Jul 03, 2016 10:39 PM