AOSENMA CG035 Brushless Double GPS 5.8G FPV With 1080P HD Gimbal Camera Follow Me Mod - Page 3 - RC Groups
Nov 18, 2016, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Transmitter Calibration
I think that calibration of the transmitter for this quad can be very important, but the procedure is not clearly written in the manual. Here is my translation of Page 8 Section 4. - Tx calibration procedure:

A. With the transmitter(Tx) off hold both sticks to the upper left then switch the Tx on, the Tx power LED should then be flashing.

B. Let the sticks center themselves, then press the A Key Landing button once.

C. Move the sticks fully up, down,left, and right.

D. Push the A Key Landing button one more time and the LED should stop flashing. This means you have successfully calibrated the Tx and can turn it off.
Does the auto take off function still work correctly after doing this calibration? My friend's CG035 auto take off stop working afterwards, not sure what causing it though. When trying to do auto take off, the props spin but it won't take off...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2016, 05:57 AM
GOT WINGS
I doubt that doing the calibration would stop the auto take off from working, but am not sure. I have tried auto takeoff a few times, but I don't use it, I much prefer to arm the motors and take off manually.
Nov 18, 2016, 01:22 PM

Longer Camera Time

I got tired of my camera dying before the quad was so I decided to add a 2nd battery for more time.
Nov 18, 2016, 03:15 PM
GOT WINGS
That is not a bad idea, hope it works well. I have my camera taken apart right now, I may look at adding more battery. How is your gimbal working for you?
Nov 18, 2016, 08:32 PM
One on my servers took a crap days ago. So when I opened it to check the issue I figured fix the short battery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
That is not a bad idea, hope it works well. I have my camera taken apart right now, I may look at adding more battery. How is your gimbal working for you?
Nov 18, 2016, 09:51 PM
GOT WINGS
I am looking at mounting the cameras without the servos, mine do not work well at all, and I think the camera would be better in a fixed position, plus it would lose some weight.
Nov 19, 2016, 06:14 AM
Drone Collector
Do you think better servo's would improve the gimbal?. Better self centering etc?. Maybe a digital servo swap out using CJ's rather cool battery mod?.
Nov 19, 2016, 07:37 AM
GOT WINGS
Not sure about better servos. I don't know much about what controls the self leveling, I have almost no experience with real gimbals.
Nov 19, 2016, 10:01 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Well, I am beginning to lose faith in my CG035. First flight, the motors suddenly revved up after it was landed and I wanted to pick it up to remove the battery. Today it was hovering, and suddenly one motor stopped, and it tumbled to the ground. On the ground, 2 motors were still twitching. Pulled down throttle, motors stopped, released throttle, and a few seconds later these started to twitch again. Pulled down throttle again, and then the motors remained stationary, and I could remove the battery.

Since I got a later release, with the egg shaped camera, I hope that is not a sign of AoSenMa dropping the ball, and cutting on quality control on later batches.

At least, flying is over for mine, for now. I'll have to take it apart, and see if I can spot something, maybe a bad connection, or so.
Nov 19, 2016, 11:50 AM
Better servos would improve the gimbal for sure but its not great quality. As far as the self leveling I believe its controlled by the drones gyro. I will do some more testing so far with my extra battery I have 2bars remaining after 15min flight. Great drone just needs better camera/gimbal. I hop the new batch isn't bugged especially since we have no software to plug into and update. Wish someone knew how to get in contact with Ao Sen Ma, because if they are updating stuff they are still active.
Nov 19, 2016, 05:56 PM
GOT WINGS
I was looking at the pictures on SeByDocky's review and noticed that the servo plugs on the bottom of the quad are different than on mine, and Solo's does not have the on/off button on the bottom, so there are at least 3 different versions out there. And there are pictures of the transmitter with trim buttons, but mine has no external trim buttons. Add that there are two different versions of the camera, and that makes for a lot of inconsistencies.

I mounted my camera without the gimbal, and while I had it apart, I took out the battery and ran a connection to one of the servo plugs. The camera came on and it started blinking when I pushed the camera/video button, but when I tried the memory card, it said nothing was on it. No pictures either. On top of that, I think the battery in my monitor is dead, so I couldn't use that. Will try some more later.
Nov 20, 2016, 02:12 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Yeah, some weird things, with those different versions. Might take mine apart today, as it failed on 2 out of 2 flights I made, and both in a dangerous way. Even the first version bugged X16 was more reliable, as it didn't suddenly start the motors by itself, after it had landed.
Nov 20, 2016, 07:48 AM
GOT WINGS
Well, I found out that the monitor battery is not dead, the on/off switch is not working well. After I turn it on, if I touch the switch it goes off again, so it is not making good connection.

Also, the gimbal plug ins on the quad put out about 5 volts. Seems to be too much for the camera, it works, but heats up and goes off after a while. Think I will just mount an external battery and try that.

I am having a few problems with my CG035, but sounds like yours is more of a problem Solo. Makes it kind of hard to do a review when you have to spend a lot of time figuring out the controls because of a poorly written manual, and trouble shoot and repair before it will work right.

I know that a lot of the review quads I receive are used/tested before I get them. This CG035 had a little green on the props and what may have been part of a blade of grass stuck into a seam.
Nov 20, 2016, 02:21 PM
I want to run my camera off the battery of the drone because the monitor reads how much battery is remaining in the camera so if I hard wire it to the drone instead of the internal battery I should be able to see how much battery is left in the CG during flight. At the end of the day we need a better camera solution this gimbal is a joke..smh
Nov 20, 2016, 09:42 PM
GOT WINGS
Since I did not like the way the gimbal worked, I took it all apart and built a different mount to use the camera without the gimbal. At first I tried plugging the camera directly into one of the gimbal ports, but the 5 volts at the gimbal port is too much for the camera so I added an external battery - I had taken the internal battery out. The battery I am using is 200mah, but there is room to put larger batteries in between the camera and the mounting plate and they fit snugly. Here are some pictures of the mounted camera:
Name: zcg035cammt.jpg
Views: 76
Size: 62.4 KB
Description: Name: zcg035cammt2.jpg
Views: 81
Size: 59.9 KB
Description: Name: zcg035cammt3.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 57.6 KB
Description: Name: zcg035cammt4.jpg
Views: 59
Size: 60.1 KB
Description: Name: zcg035cammt5.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 63.2 KB
Description:

I added a few more pictures and a little more info to post # 2.

Hopefully, weather permitting, I will get to post some videos soon.
Last edited by siriusflier; Nov 20, 2016 at 09:52 PM.