Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 14, 2016, 09:20 PM
GOT WINGS
Transmitter Calibration
I think that calibration of the transmitter for this quad can be very important, but the procedure is not clearly written in the manual. Here is my translation of Page 8 Section 4. - Tx calibration procedure:

A. With the transmitter(Tx) off hold both sticks to the upper left then switch the Tx on, the Tx power LED should then be flashing.

B. Let the sticks center themselves, then press the A Key Landing button once.

C. Move the sticks fully up, down,left, and right.

D. Push the A Key Landing button one more time and the LED should stop flashing. This means you have successfully calibrated the Tx and can turn it off.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2016, 10:14 AM
I received mine and all charged up saw both of your calibration posts so ill do that but what is the button under the right stick? Camera control, A-Land, then ?
Nov 15, 2016, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
I think it is possible to mod the transmitters to add range, but I got very good range with the transmitter antennas just as they are, at least 800 feet, but I did not actually try a range test.
It's a simple mod? Or do a serious modification?

Anyway, thanks for reply
Nov 16, 2016, 09:59 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I can't find the on/off switch on mine?
Nov 16, 2016, 10:04 AM
I think the new 1080p ones do not have an on/off switch
Nov 16, 2016, 10:22 AM
GOT WINGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I can't find the on/off switch on mine?
which on/off switch are you referring to?
Nov 16, 2016, 10:33 AM
Quote:
which on/off switch are you referring to?

You mention it in the pros
Nov 16, 2016, 12:09 PM
GOT WINGS
The on/off switch I mention is actually a push button on the bottom right of the quad near the back of the front right arm. You can actually see it in a picture in the first post.
Nov 16, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote:
The on/off switch I mention is actually a push button on the bottom right of the quad near the back of the front right arm. You can actually see it in a picture in the first post.

I can see it on your quad, but mine has a QC sticker on that spot, and a hole underneath it. No power swtich, so it powers up as you insert the battery. Made a short test flight today, and after landing it, and stopping the motors, I wanted to remove the battery, and suddenly 2 motors started turning again.

I'll proably open it up and see if I can still see the spot where the switch used to be, than mount one on top. I want to be able to power down the quad, before fiddling with the battery. Especially as the battery on mine doesn't insert or come out very smoothly...

The manual isn't very clear about a lot of things, I have yet to find if there are different rates, or whether it's just a single control rate, and you can only switch between different flight modes.
Nov 16, 2016, 02:19 PM
GOT WINGS
I had not even thought about different control rates, but as far as I know there are not any. The rate it flies is not bad for a camera quad, too bad the gimbal for the camera is almost useless.
Did you get one with camera/gimbal? And is it the newer version with the egg shaped camera instead of the flat shape camera?

Since the sun is going down just after 5pm now and I am not getting home until after 4pm, I have not had much time for outdoor flying during week days. So I haven't been able to do much with the camera yet.
Nov 16, 2016, 02:36 PM
Today I flew it in a strong breeze, and had some trouble getting it back into the wind. Just for comparison, a tiny quad like the Eachine QX95, weiging just over 50g, had less trouble with this wind...

I have the egg shaped camera, and black motors. And no power switch.
Nov 16, 2016, 03:07 PM
GOT WINGS
I was looking at SeByDocky's review just now and he stated he thinks the protocol may be Flysky, someone should test that soon.
He had also posted this link to a replacement "receiver" for the CG035: http://www.banggood.com/AOSENMA-CG03...p-1105308.html . Looks like a replacement board for the transmitter, and interesting that it appears to have trim buttons to trim elevator/aileron/throttle/ and rudder.
Nov 16, 2016, 03:21 PM
The sound when powering up the transmitter does sound just like the FS-i6, which can be a co´ncidence, or not. But even if it uses AFHDS 2A, deciphering the varous switches that control all extra functions, won't be an easy task.

As for the port on the side, anyone tried connecting to CleanFlight or so?
Nov 16, 2016, 03:33 PM
GOT WINGS
I think SeByDocky tried connecting it to a few things with no luck, according to his review. I am going to have to compare the tx to my FS-i6, and I may be taking it apart again for a closer look.
Nov 17, 2016, 10:12 PM
GOT WINGS
I took the case of my transmitter apart and could see that there are trim buttons present on the transmitter board. Pictures of the tx on the box show trim buttons, as do pictures at some of the websites that sell the CG035. Wonder if anyone has received a tx with trim buttons and why they are not on the tx case.?