Thread Tools
Sep 16, 2019, 04:37 AM
fools? at least i'm honest :)
korakora's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiDavid
..
I think you're going quite a bit faster than I would need to for general camera work.
yes i show you that video with purpose, if with that flying style was only consume 1965mAH then if we flying it gently we can get double the flight time with the same mAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiDavid
I was hoping I might use a 2208 1400Kv motor with 7x4 or 8x4 prop and a 2200mAH 3S plus Mobius camera well forward to balance but It seems everyone needs big batteries to hit the CG when using 2212 or 2216 motors. I might just have to get one and see what I can do with it.
oh definitely you might! 2208 1400kv are perfect!! but the questions is why 3s? why not 4s instead
4s are more efficient than 3s, if the weight which considering you then choose li-ion

my prev video i was using 4s1p li-ion 20700 size (NCR20700B) with 4250mAH of total capacity, i's only 255gr for the weight, and because your plan are flown this C1 with gently then should be no problem
getting an hour are just piece a cake (90 minutes if we push hard to the limit)

edit-------------
actually i'm so embarrassed show you this video (i'm upload for my archived only) it's jello and flown in a gusty winds
so please don't see the footage okay it so awful to watch just see the OSD

that flight in a middle of very strong of winds, my C1 still consume 3.5amps for the average

Pangandaran Beach with C1 CHASER (38 min 36 sec)


notes: if flown in a calm day i bet she can fly under 3amps
Last edited by korakora; Sep 16, 2019 at 04:50 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 06:12 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by korakora
yes i show you that video with purpose, if with that flying style was only consume 1965mAH then if we flying it gently we can get double the flight time with the same mAH



oh definitely you might! 2208 1400kv are perfect!! but the questions is why 3s? why not 4s instead
4s are more efficient than 3s, if the weight which considering you then choose li-ion

my prev video i was using 4s1p li-ion 20700 size (NCR20700B) with 4250mAH of total capacity, i's only 255gr for the weight, and because your plan are flown this C1 with gently then should be no problem
getting an hour are just piece a cake (90 minutes if we push hard to the limit)

edit-------------
actually i'm so embarrassed show you this video (i'm upload for my archived only) it's jello and flown in a gusty winds
so please don't see the footage okay it so awful to watch just see the OSD

that flight in a middle of very strong of winds, my C1 still consume 3.5amps for the average

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5P2bOyky6g

notes: if flown in a calm day i bet she can fly under 3amps
Hi korakora,
Well you have all but convinced me I should try for a light weight C1 Chaser.
The main reason to use 3S 2200mAH is that I have them for my other planes and drones and they are relatively cheap and easy to obtain. If they will balance ok I will start with them and later perhaps make my own 4S pack with 18650s.
3.5A average in high winds is really good, even if it is 4S. That video would have been stunning if it were not for the prop balance issue. My only mission so far is to an offshore volcanic island only a few km from urban Auckland.
Brown's Island flight (7 min 4 sec)

Thank you for your input and comments.

Best regards,
David
Sep 17, 2019, 02:45 PM
Registered User
Jack Reacher's Avatar
Having got my old chaser flying nice again, i now find myself toying with building a new one with better spec, but still a light build
Oct 13, 2019, 09:35 PM
Registered User

Setup change


Changed motor from Sunnysky Ver 3 2212 1400KV to 980KV and used an APC 9X7.5E

Modified the vertical stab ls and moved it outward.

Replaced the runcam sparrow with a eagle2pro

https://youtu.be/_QN8MzEUvOM
Oct 16, 2019, 03:03 AM
Registered User
I had a C1 about 2 years ago with a 2212, recall I had problems with CG, anyone using a quad motor like the Tmotor F40 1600kv & 3S ?
Oct 17, 2019, 02:09 PM
weniger, aber besser
austntexan's Avatar
What causes wings to dip like the C1 on launching? I've got a Caipirinha 2 as well, and it's dip is off the chart. The C2 requires that it be launched with 80% throttle and thrown nearly vertical to compensate for the massive dip. Could I calm this down by changing the motor angle or am I just stuck with this behavior? I've tried flying with 1/2 the normal LiPos, very light, and the behavior is still the same. My C1 is a great flyer, the dip isn't an issue as the plane climbs out quickly.
Oct 17, 2019, 02:45 PM
Registered User
Jack Reacher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by austntexan
What causes wings to dip like the C1 on launching? I've got a Caipirinha 2 as well, and it's dip is off the chart. The C2 requires that it be launched with 80% throttle and thrown nearly vertical to compensate for the massive dip. Could I calm this down by changing the motor angle or am I just stuck with this behavior? I've tried flying with 1/2 the normal LiPos, very light, and the behavior is still the same. My C1 is a great flyer, the dip isn't an issue as the plane climbs out quickly.

Whats your setup on the C1...mine does not dip, but its light and fast, have a sunnysky 2212 1400kv motor with 7x6 prop on 2200mah 4s
Oct 17, 2019, 03:11 PM
weniger, aber besser
austntexan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Reacher
Whats your setup on the C1...mine does not dip, but its light and fast, have a sunnysky 2212 1400kv motor with 7x6 prop on 2200mah 4s
I'm not actually having issues with the C1. The dip on the C1 is slight. Setup is basically identical to Andrew Newton's. 2212 1100kV motor, 8x4.5 prop, 30A ESC, 20A , 2250 4S It was just a question as to why it happens re the design. My WingWing does the same exact thing. . . it's not bad, but just curious as to why it does what it does. As I mentioned, the Caipi is bizarre in how bad its dip tendency is.
Oct 17, 2019, 03:22 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by austntexan
I'm not actually having issues with the C1. The dip on the C1 is slight. Setup is basically identical to Andrew Newton's. 2212 1100kV motor, 8x4.5 prop, 30A ESC, 20A , 2250 4S It was just a question as to why it happens re the design. My WingWing does the same exact thing. . . it's not bad, but just curious as to why it does what it does. As I mentioned, the Caipi is bizarre in how bad its dip tendency is.
Does it dip opposite the turn of the prop? Could most probably be the prop p-factor....google it...
The larger the prop, the worse it gets...


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools