Nov 02, 2016, 12:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Virtual AMA Museum Tour

Takes a little while to get used to the controls but it's a trip through the 30's to the 70's covering model aviation in general. You can ogle old kits, engines, accessories and building materials as well as models of all types. Amazing the number and type of items made available to model enthusiasts over the years

http://www.modelaircraft.org/museum/tour.aspx
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2016, 01:47 PM
I've been to the museum and flying site numerous times.
It's actually a pretty neat place to visit. Seeing models that were familiar from the days of RC Modeler and MAN coverage of scale competition events and record setting planes was neat
The craftsmanship of the old balsa models for the old companies like scientifically, Cleveland and others is amazing. Also how things have transformed over the years.
They have a pretty nice collection of old modeling magazines in their library - lots of models and plans to be had with a digital camera and some time.
The flying site too can't be beat. I used to take a small sport model in the trunk on my work trips out to Kokomo, and stop there time and weather permitting.
Some of the NATS events are also something to see.
Nov 02, 2016, 03:33 PM
Thread OP
I saw the display box for my Anderson "Spitzy .045" my first "booster battery" killer.
Nov 02, 2016, 10:05 PM
Walk around/thru is Clumsy and useless They could of 'at Least' asked any Realtor on how to do this.
Nov 03, 2016, 05:07 PM
Or current resident
Clumsy, yes but I wouldn't call it useless at all. Closest I'll get to the place.
Nov 04, 2016, 03:19 AM
Scale Builder
I rather enjoyed it and thank E-Challenged for posting the link. Would love to see more about the "Pinball" Kingcobra in the scale gallery. Looks like a fantastic build.

Quick Reply