Nov 02, 2016, 10:11 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

DX8 Spectrum Throttle Always High -- Throttle Reverse Does Not Work

Hi All,

I have a DX8 Spectrum with Throttle Always High.

In Servo Setup, I tried to reverse the throttle. In Servo Monitor, it shows the tavel is reversed but throttle is contantly recognized as "High" when powering on.

Futhermore, I notice that reverse or normal the throttle channel does not flip the moving direction shown in "throttle curve".

So it must be sth wrong, but I do need your kind help to point out how I can fix this issue.

Thanks
Alex
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2016, 10:28 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Start with which DX8 you are using since there is now multiple DX8 (original silver and black G2 versions)

Then start with a fresh new blank model and look at the servo monitor to see if the throttle channel is responding correctly? If yes then this is a good indicator it is something you are doing.

If it is not moving here you may need to contact HH and have it serviced.

Before sending it in for service I would attempt to re-calibrate the sticks to see if this fixes the issue.
Nov 02, 2016, 10:30 AM
If you have confirmed that the throttle stick works on Fresh New Blank Default model they you/we can help you move forward in getting your radio programmed properly for what you want to do. This means you need to give us some info on what you are doing and/or want to do.
Nov 02, 2016, 11:57 AM
I'm guessing that what you want is the throttle action reversed, not the servo. i.e. you want full throttle with the stick back and idle with the stick up, and trim and throttle cut assigned appropriately. I'm nor sure if the Dx8 gives you that option, all reversing the servo does is reverse the servo direction, to suit the linkage to the carb, not the action of the stick.
Nov 02, 2016, 12:49 PM
It does for Heli and Acro. It does not for sailplane nor multi.

Andy
Nov 02, 2016, 12:52 PM
Reversing the Throttle Channel would result in having to move the Throttle Stick to high position in order for the ESC/Motor to be in the low or stop position.

If we break down what he originally posted we get the following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwfalcon
In Servo Setup, I tried to reverse the throttle. In Servo Monitor, it shows the tavel is reversed but throttle is contantly recognized as "High" when powering on.
You need to move the stick in the UP position for the alarm to be reset OR disable the Throttle Alarm
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwfalcon
Futhermore, I notice that reverse or normal the throttle channel does not flip the moving direction shown in "throttle curve". So it must be sth wrong, but I do need your kind help to point out how I can fix this issue.
If I knew what Tx you were using I could confirm BUT don't think it is something wrong with software except that of what you programmed.

AirWare if you're using DX8G2 is pretty solid and such an error would have be reported long time ago and same goes for the original DX8.
Nov 02, 2016, 01:00 PM
Alex,

Just post your SPM file here and we'll be happy to help in more detail.

Andy

Quick Reply