Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 01, 2016, 08:50 PM
Mini-Review

Flyduino KISS FC AIO v1 for miniquads

Hi guys,

Just check this out. I got my hands on a new kiss prototype from Flyduino. Its a all in one flight controller with 4in1 ESC + PDB for Mini Quads.

What do you think?
Last edited by ps915; Feb 09, 2017 at 11:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2016, 10:48 PM
Hm, don´t like the layout. Looks like a mess to solder the cables to the motors on a X Frame.

Do you know the Specs of the build in ESCs?

Whats the weight of this?

No OSD included?
Last edited by aspire77; Nov 01, 2016 at 11:40 PM.
Nov 02, 2016, 02:31 AM
It looks fake to me as on the bottom there is 2 boot pins and they are not even next to each other. Also why would you have boot pins on the bottom?
Nov 02, 2016, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTrulz
It looks fake to me as on the bottom there is 2 boot pins and they are not even next to each other. Also why would you have boot pins on the bottom?
Lol, no fake. The boot Pins are for each esc.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=o0bBJjRcfcI

Video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMSbkyxDrqa/

Some specs:
Weight: 11g
Size 35x41.25mm
Mounting holes 30x30mm, 3.2mm diameter
Last edited by ps915; Nov 06, 2016 at 06:13 AM.
Nov 02, 2016, 05:14 AM
So its more for microquads and not for miniquads. Rofl

Anyway, dont like AIO. When one esc is gone the whole board is broken.

No thx
Nov 02, 2016, 11:03 AM
This is just a prototype, and the main thing will look different and has different specs (amp ratings). Just stay tuned.
Nov 02, 2016, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire77
So its more for microquads and not for miniquads. Rofl

Anyway, dont like AIO. When one esc is gone the whole board is broken.

No thx
I do like AIO. In all of my thousands of flights on several types of ESCs, I only burned an ESC once. That is less than 1/1000 failure rate, which is a good compromise for what you get in return: an ultra-compact all in one board for those situations where you really cannot use 6 boards instead (1 pdb + 4 escs + 1 fc) due to space.

That said, I am not sure about the 8A escs... I run 20A on my 130mm today, I don't think I would be able to go any lower than 18A....
Nov 02, 2016, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps915
Hi guys,

Just check this out. I got my hands on a new kiss prototype from Flyduino. Its a all in one flight controller with 4in1 ESC + PDB for Mini Quads.

What do you think?
Super impressed with this, the first KISS product I've been really interested in. Put me down for a PRE ORDER as soon as one is available.
Last edited by MicroHex; Nov 02, 2016 at 12:07 PM.
Nov 02, 2016, 12:42 PM
If its in KISS price range you will be shocked about the cost
Nov 02, 2016, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire77
If its in KISS price range you will be shocked about the cost
Haha yeah, there are already $75 4 in 1 ESCs, I can't wait to see what KISS's version costs, but I've been looking for an excuse to try out their ecosystem and I like to support AIO attempts.
Nov 04, 2016, 11:06 PM
What can possibly go wrong?
Count me in if the final version ups the ESC amp rating to 20-24. This thing is going to produce a metric ton of noise though, gonna have to watch if early adopters notice an increase in camera interference.
Nov 05, 2016, 06:40 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Wow!

I definitely did not expect a review of the KISS AIO before its release. It's nice to get more information and see what it looks like. But the wait until release is going to be just as long.
Nov 05, 2016, 08:00 PM
Edit
Last edited by ronnw; Nov 06, 2016 at 06:50 AM.
Nov 06, 2016, 06:15 AM
I asked Flyduino If i can post some pictutes and they said yes.
Nov 06, 2016, 07:24 AM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps915
I asked Flyduino If i can post some pictutes and they said yes.
Glad you asked, Philipp. Danke für die Bestätigung. Somebody had to do the dirty work of posting prototype pictures.

I hope the authorized "leak" and wider beta testing are a sign of good progress! I'll be curious to see what shape the final version takes. And I look forward to getting one when the AIO is released to the public. I have at least three suitable lightweight frames ready for a brain transplant.