Sep 28, 2004, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoXLT
Great story!!! I am seeing a Speilberg screenplay coming out of this! Tom Hanks (as Steve Nolan) staring bravely into the forboding swamp, and shouting "I'm coming to get you, Baby!!"
No, he shouts: "Mr. Wilson come back! Come back! I'm sorry, Mr. Wilson... ahem, Mr. SlowStick!" Er... just a bad case of deja vu
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2004, 05:27 AM
HeliAP'er!
Hope it's not to late to congratulate you on finding your model! I sure am amazed that the camera survived! Bummer about the ESC and battery though ....

Well done all the same!

Persistance always pays off.
Oct 06, 2004, 04:18 PM
Look! Up in the sky!
Thread OP
Update:

Everything survived with the exception of the Tanic 2150 pack (drained to 0.1v per cell)
The Berg 6 GIII Rx may be OK after a reset, it's totally dorked at the moment.

The ESC, servos, motor, and camera are AOK.

One week in the swamp during huge thunderstorms and subfreezing nights...
Oct 06, 2004, 04:49 PM
0.1 volt per cell? lol cant get much less then that... thats a bummer though because those packs are like $80!! I might need a new one soon but not looking forward to spending that much on one... good that the ESC, motor, servos, and camera are ok. You think its because they were protected by the wing and surronding brush?? that subfreezing night must have done a number on the li-po and Im surprised the camera didnt freeze. See, not all was lost. and you were going to leave it out there... for shame just kidding
Oct 06, 2004, 05:54 PM
yea, a late congrats from me as well..

I just ordered anew li-po from cheapbatterpacks.com, a 2200 2cell for around $54 and I heard they were better than the TP???? I will let you know how it works.
Oct 06, 2004, 07:49 PM
BEC
BEC
If the Berg is sick, drop Peter a note and then send it to him. He'll take care of it for you, I'm sure. Glad to hear the rest is OK.

Not surprised about the battery - since the thing was powered up for a week......or at least until the battery died. Too bad, though.
Oct 25, 2004, 10:27 AM
Boat Modeller
Just caught this thread as it was linked to via the lost plane alarm thread thing..

Steve - That was about as harsh a task as most people will have to deal with. knowing it is out there but being almost impossible to find.

i just sat and read all the thread.. its like a little soap opera..

Very well done on holding you determination to find that little sucker.

i lost a prop today on a flat playing field from about 30 foot up. i saw it hit the ground.

i looked for 20 minutes and couldn't find it. i seached the whole area where it hit and out off to the side.. couldn't find it!! and that was flat playing field!!
Oct 25, 2004, 10:29 AM
RCAPA #005
I did the same thing recently. My Himax tossed the prop adapter (as usual) and it took about 15 minutes to find the stupid prop- in a nicely trimmed soccer field.
Amazing that he found the plane, but we badgered him so badly that he didn't have a choice.
Nov 06, 2004, 05:33 PM
Steve,

I took your lead and found a friends plane after 140+ AP's. He had a flyaway and did not even know which direction it was going. After APing, the Lord only knows, how many acres of desert the 139th photo has a very blurry outline of a Parkflier Pete lost about a month or so ago.

AP rig was a 2.2 mpxl RCA CDS 6300 1 lb camera carried by an OLY II with a Liesure 05 geared motor on 8 2300 cells. Slow climb but fairly stable platform. The one picture was fairly blurry but could see the plane. We still have to go back to find it but at least we know where to look. All of the dunes do look the same though. We will have to do a search pattern.
Nov 06, 2004, 05:58 PM

Good Find!

Peteohms,

Nice save!

Roger
Nov 06, 2004, 06:00 PM
Look! Up in the sky!
Thread OP
Pete -

cool! AP to the rescue once again. Now you just have to figure out where the plane was on the 139th photo.

Post the photo.
Nov 06, 2004, 06:08 PM
The photo was taken in hi res but is really blurry. I flew the pattern with the motor on all the time. Was looking to cover max ground. Ended up out of power and 1/4 mile away so almost lost my AP plane.
Last edited by Peteohms; Nov 06, 2004 at 06:33 PM.
Nov 06, 2004, 06:35 PM
PS there are 4 or 5 more planes out there somewhere. We recovered one from 2 years ago. Only the servos worked.
Nov 06, 2004, 07:10 PM
Look! Up in the sky!
Thread OP
Wow, good eyes to see that one.

4 or 5 more out there? What is that, the West Texas Bermuda triangle?
Nov 06, 2004, 07:29 PM
The original photo is better. It did not shrink well. It is the WTBT. I'll post a picture of the area.

Quick Reply