Kyosho Fortune 612 III - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Kyosho Fortune 612 III

The Fortune 612 III is the latest from Kyosho and is available in a RTR configuration.

Splash

Great for Beginners or Casual Boaters

The Ready-to-Sail Kyosho Fortune 612 III is the latest sailboat from the company that brought you the Seawind. This 24" sailboat comes with a prepainted hull, printed PE polythene sails, a 2.4GHz KT-431S Stick-type 4-channel, 2-servo R/C system, and an aluminum stand. The Fortune retails for $249.99, and is in-stock at Tower Hobbies.

Specs:

• Length: 24.1 in (612mm)
  • Width: 5.1 in (130mm)
  • Height: 44.7 in (1,135mm)
  • Weight: 37 oz (1,050g)
  • Sail Area: 2.4 ft2 (21.85dm2)

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Kyosho Fortune 612 III

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 01, 2016 at 10:13 PM..
Nov 01, 2016, 09:25 PM
...deleted.
Last edited by papafoxtrot; Nov 01, 2016 at 10:58 PM.
Nov 01, 2016, 10:10 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafoxtrot
Tower Hobbies and Kyosho both would benefit from from a more thoughtful announcement. The Seawind is a well regarded boat - 'infamous' isn't the word...
Noted. Thanks.
Nov 02, 2016, 01:36 AM
Boomer1
Once you figure out how to seal the hatch covers they make a nice light wind boat. Sadly, they leak so severely the boat is very likely to take on enough water to damage the electronics and/or cause the boat to sink.
This is well known to those of us that have one. Another tip is having a "b" set of sails will expand the boats range of wind conditions it can be sailed in.
Another consideration is these boats make terrific display models. They have lots of scale details and don't take up much desk or shelf space. I keep mind in my office on top of a filing cabinet.
Boomer

I posted a few videos to illustrate why it's so important to seal the hatch covers. If you don't address this issue you'll be very unhappy! The last video is from Stockmaritime in Germany. They offer a version of this boat with a number of custom features that make it a very special boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RlYdx5vbeM

Fortune 612 II, GOPRO, hard and medium wind (4 min 23 sec)

AC60 - a tuned kyosho fortune 612 model racing boat - similar to a america´s cup class yacht (5 min 18 sec)
Last edited by Boomer1; Nov 03, 2016 at 11:27 AM.
May 23, 2017, 09:37 PM
Great points, thanks! I just took delivery of mine and am about to try her on the lake.
Question:
with a NiMH 5 cell battery inside, she leans slightly to the stern. Is this intentional? Not sure if it happens with the regular 4 cell AA batts too.
May 24, 2017, 11:52 AM
Boomer1
Well if it bothers you try the 4 pack to see the difference. The biggest issue this boat has is the hatch leaks. Once that is resolved I don't see a major issue with your boat's handling with the larger battery pack. If you watched the video below you can see the boat has a Go-pro camera mounted in the aft end of the boat and it still sails - a bit like a submarine but it still sails. Try both ways to be sure. Enjoy.
Boomer
Last edited by Boomer1; May 24, 2017 at 11:59 AM.
May 25, 2017, 12:26 AM
Thanks. Blew the sail winch servo even before putting her in the water! Going to replace with a purpose built servo. Kyosho is just using a std servo here...