Thread Tools
Old Sep 18, 2004, 09:42 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar

An Evil Evil Plane Ready for Maiden!


My Dominatrix is ready to maiden. AUW is 9.2oz with 17T LensRC CD brushless, Phoenix 10 Esc, 1500 2S1P Kokam pack and 8 X 4 HD Prop. 42W so should get great climbs and accelleration. Did you ever try to get a pic of a all black plane at night??? Anywho this will give you an idea of how it looks. It looks awesome in real life. I had The Blue Max do the covering! The black about drove him batty as it does me! Hope can maiden first of week and shoot some video! Raining (again) now and wind was over 22mph all day!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2004, 09:51 PM
Kyle G. is offline
Find More Posts by Kyle G.
Registered User
Kyle G.'s Avatar
wow boomer that plane is REALLY slick looking looks really "stealthy" being all black like that. do you think orientation will be a problem? I remember a thread awhile ago with this plane and it was also really nice looking. I love the wing has its all curved back. almost looks fast just sitting there hope the maiden goes well, cant wait for the result

Kyle
Old Sep 18, 2004, 09:58 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle G.
wow boomer that plane is REALLY slick looking looks really "stealthy" being all black like that. do you think orientation will be a problem? I remember a thread awhile ago with this plane and it was also really nice looking. I love the wing has its all curved back. almost looks fast just sitting there hope the maiden goes well, cant wait for the result

Kyle
Against a blue sky it should be fine as the silhouette is very distinctive and rudder is enough different to help. Time will tell.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Old Sep 18, 2004, 10:38 PM
Quinton is offline
Find More Posts by Quinton
Registered User
Sweet!
Old Sep 18, 2004, 10:47 PM
Tres Wright is offline
Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Live to ride... and fly!
Tres Wright's Avatar
Boomer, that is soooo cool! I love it all in black! Awesome! That would be a great evil sister to my Darth Smaul
Old Sep 18, 2004, 11:18 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Thanks all! Tres I have a new unpainted Pico Moth on the way for a brushless and then I will probably do the DS.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Old Sep 18, 2004, 11:50 PM
Tres Wright is offline
Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Live to ride... and fly!
Tres Wright's Avatar
Cool! I just ordered a 'trix, you inspired me I've got a "fish" scheme stuck in my head for the 'trix, but I've got to figure a way to "evil it up" It's probably going to get a light kit for night flying too. I've got nearly 20 ready-to-fly planes here, and the SS and Mini IFO are the only ones I can fly at night (and the Mini is tricky). I need to change that!

Sorry to hear about your weather, we're getting the opposite. Lots of sun and heat. Some wind too.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 01:09 AM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Cool! I just ordered a 'trix, you inspired me I've got a "fish" scheme stuck in my head for the 'trix, but I've got to figure a way to "evil it up" It's probably going to get a light kit for night flying too. I've got nearly 20 ready-to-fly planes here, and the SS and Mini IFO are the only ones I can fly at night (and the Mini is tricky). I need to change that!

Sorry to hear about your weather, we're getting the opposite. Lots of sun and heat. Some wind too.
Tres how about a Barracuda!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Last edited by boomerace; Sep 19, 2004 at 01:14 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:40 PM
jskrebs is offline
Find More Posts by jskrebs
Evil Plane Doer
jskrebs's Avatar
Boomer,

That looks awsome, maiden yet? STEALTH TRIX

NEAT was like a Moonson. Sold a ton of stuff, but got trapped there as my house flooded. Wife kept calling flipping out and the roads out of Peaceful valley were closed.. Currently removing my mud soaked possessions from the house.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:49 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskrebs
Boomer,

That looks awsome, maiden yet? STEALTH TRIX

NEAT was like a Moonson. Sold a ton of stuff, but got trapped there as my house flooded. Wife kept calling flipping out and the roads out of Peaceful valley were closed.. Currently removing my mud soaked possessions from the house.
Sorry to hear about the flood. That happened to me once in Illinois! What a mess! Here are some better pics I took this morning and some decoration has been added thanks to Kitty!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Old Sep 19, 2004, 01:04 PM
Basketcase is offline
Find More Posts by Basketcase
an earth bound misfit, I
Basketcase's Avatar
Hey Boomer, that plane looks bad! (in the good way of course) Bad to the bone!
Great job.

Wayne
Old Sep 19, 2004, 01:19 PM
LedKitty is offline
Find More Posts by LedKitty
I even seen a house fly!
LedKitty's Avatar
VERY sweet Boomer!!! ^_^

How did you do the decals? I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do mine! It's a little tricky with the transluscent film!

K
Old Sep 19, 2004, 02:02 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedKitty
VERY sweet Boomer!!! ^_^

How did you do the decals? I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do mine! It's a little tricky with the transluscent film!

K
Kitty,
I finally gave up on the Decals! I use common inkjet paper instead and give the image about 5 coats of Crystal Clear Krylon front and back and cut out and apply with RC56 Super Z canopy glue and they are there forever and completly waterproof! Thin photo paper works well also and gives a little better image but is harder to apply as it's stiffer.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Last edited by boomerace; Sep 19, 2004 at 02:05 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 07:18 PM
boomerace is offline
Find More Posts by boomerace
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Well we went up to the park to do the maiden and just got the plane out and the rain came! Supposed to be sunny tomorrow so will try again!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Old Sep 19, 2004, 07:27 PM
KaptainKrash is offline
Find More Posts by KaptainKrash
Death Spiral GURU
Sick!!!

(in a good way) <g>


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MAT Bare Bones Ready for Maiden Zhack Electric Plane Talk 28 Mar 24, 2004 03:51 PM
Ferias ready for maiden! and 4 plane day tomorrow. What about y'all? 3D Champ Parkflyers 3 Feb 27, 2004 11:41 PM
Ky F-16 ready for maiden - any flying tips? Sal C Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 17 Oct 27, 2002 03:33 PM
Can I have this Venus ready for maiden flight by Friday? Heli Slime Sport Planes 21 Sep 01, 2002 07:58 PM
New Zagi almost done! Ready for maiden flight! Crete1 Foamies (Kits) 1 Sep 05, 2001 11:35 AM