Oct 30, 2016, 04:27 PM
Thread OP
Question

Panel Line outline for a FW190

Being standoff scale (TF FW190 GS) does anyone have a link for a three-view showing the panel lines of this bird? Thanks in advance,

Jerry
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2016, 07:21 PM
This should help get you started:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighlight=fw190
Oct 30, 2016, 07:49 PM
Thread OP

Panel Lines

Oh Boy did it!!!! Thanks a bunch......

Jerry
Oct 30, 2016, 08:02 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
http://tompierce.net/190/index.htm
Tom has not been active for sometime but his scale details are a textbook of easy to follow processes.
Tons of great info on his FW190 build
Oct 30, 2016, 09:18 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for that link LDM....boy he sure can build!
Oct 31, 2016, 05:47 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
No problem , I am copying his interior on my VQ 80" Dauntless.
I also followed much of his design for my CMP Fw190 .
Tom is a real craftman but I am not sure if he is still in the hobby.

The FW190 he built from NorthWest Models/JackDevine , ( now defunct ) was the motavation for me to seek out a Brian Taylor 82" Foam Core Corsair.
I found a guy in Poland to cut the kit in Foam for $169.00 shipped to my house.
I have him an extra $20 because I felt like was stealing from him
Oct 31, 2016, 05:51 PM
Thread OP
My Dauntless is in need of some 'love' since I took out the landing gear ......sure do like the way it flies! Good luck on yours.
Nov 01, 2016, 05:11 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thanks , I am working on the last purchase of the retracts. Down to electron or Sierra .
Getting specs from VQ on the ESM Sierra gear , they are shorter in design because the ESM Dauntless is 9" smaller in span , so I have to make sure they work.

Also relavant to this thread , selection of pilots . The VQ Pilots are really nice but 11oz in weight , X 2 =22 oz for a free ride !!
So I aquired two cheapo GI Joes and will hack them down to 3oz with a full rebuild .
Nov 02, 2016, 03:22 PM
Thread OP
O.K. guys, I tried

Thanks for the input!

Jerry
Nov 03, 2016, 07:24 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Very nice Jerry , are you spraying or hand rubbing ?
I use two differant methods , one is hand rubbing with washes then you can clear flat spay for fuel proofing.
On foamys , I can't hand run because the EPO absorbs the colors and it's too difficult so you can only spray.
The simple easy secret when spraying is use a simple 8x 11 sheet of paper.
You place the paper on the panel line in the direction forward of the line ( towards the prop always , you spar towards the tail , always, it makes the line appear worn or created in the direction of the windstream.
The real experts ( not me I am a hack ) can also imitate top down weathering seen from sun damage.
IN the pics , CMP Fw190, a 65" Foamy FW190 both sprayed, the TBM Avenger has been hand rubbed will be sprayed for final, the little Wild is sprayed because it's EPO.

The TBM panel lines are drawn on with a sharpie and will be sprayed for more a subtle look, for most they are cartoonish by scale standards but it's standoff scale and I like it. For the real effect I would need chart tape and the spray method , this was a ARF save that I purchase from a hobby shop , so I did not want to go into months of building
Last edited by Ldm; Nov 03, 2016 at 07:37 AM.
Nov 03, 2016, 01:07 PM
Thread OP
I'm spraying but on the cowl I used my finger or some paper towels. Hey that FW you show there looks GREAT! I like the details on the TBM.
Nov 03, 2016, 07:04 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Your looks great , its good to use different techniques.
Thanks for the kind words

Quick Reply